Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Supra And Gorgon Slightly Better

RedxWings

Do you really think a now retired weapon [that no one ever used since that &$^#^$% Soma came out] is going be be buffed NOW?

Sorry but I really reallllllly doubt it

tbh with all the new mods the Gorgon is actually quite a badass weapon now, but it takes a lot of Forma [at least 4] to Shine..

and NO its NOT as good as that lame %^*$%^%^# Soma!

Supra/Gorgon totally need to be reworked on their support/suppress purpose.

SUPPRESSIVE FIRE!!!

when you shoot with supra or gorgon, enemies near the line of fire should move and fire slower and should search cover immediately cause a firing LMG isnt something you should look at for more than 1 second. that would make those 2 LMGs more effective

honestly the supra right now is the biggest clan research weapon disappointment  in the game. Next to the prova its probably the least effective. I mean they really made a gun (soma) that was 10 times better without a single forma and so much easier to build. Im not saying to buff it and make it amazing however, it needs something to put it on par with other guns.

Do you really think a now retired weapon [that no one ever used since that &$^#^$% Soma came out] is going be be buffed NOW?

Sorry but I really reallllllly doubt it

tbh with all the new mods the Gorgon is actually quite a badass weapon now, but it takes a lot of Forma [at least 4] to Shine..

and NO its NOT as good as that lame %^*$%^%^# Soma!

Retired doesn't mean it is out of the game. i.e. you can still get gorgon bps from login rewards.

I'm suggesting something to make these lmgs have a little role, other than being known as an assault rifle with a huge magazine and a windup time.

Uhm guys. Gorgon has NOT been retired.

It has been retired from the *market*, it's still perfectly obtainable from login rewards (from which I already received two Gorgon blueprints since the removal from the market...)

This unlike the other weapons removed from the market at the same moment that are, as far as I am aware not obtainable anymore in any fashion (Machete, Boar and the Ether Daggers iirc)

tl;dr Gorgon is still obtainable: buff please.

I hate the design of the soma aswell. However, its not the gorgon itself that makes it worse to soma. In my opinion the current rifle mods favor crit builds to much, like melee mods favor charge builds to much.

Think about a soma without vital sense and hammer shot. Replace the stats of hammershot with +x accuracy/+x fire rate and vital sense with +x accuracy. Would you use the soma over a gorgon then?

Uhm guys. Gorgon has NOT been retired.

It has been retired from the *market*, it's still perfectly obtainable from login rewards (from which I already received two Gorgon blueprints since the removal from the market...)

This unlike the other weapons removed from the market at the same moment that are, as far as I am aware not obtainable anymore in any fashion (Machete, Boar and the Ether Daggers iirc)

tl;dr Gorgon is still obtainable: buff please.

That's what I keep telling people~

+1. Forgot damage. Soma could deal all the damage it want. But I want to rambo around with HMG with too much ammos too!

From my experience, HMG in most games has a bit high damage per shot but very likely to miss. It's also slow you down. But never ran out of ammos. Gorgon should also retain this fashion. What do you think?

So you're saying that's too much to expect from supra? (I think you are being sarcastic)

Also Dera has all those things so are you saying Dera is OP?

Dera is not OP. Basically, it's a Braton with trading hitscan for accuracy and lack of recoil (Yes, I'm not talking about Laser damage type as any good one since you can own Corpus guys easily without it while lack of 1.5x multiplier on the head is a punch right in the balls).

Love my Gorgon, got it from a login reward... and use it whenever possible (mainly low level to mid). It's a shame that they took it out of the game.

One, because it most likely won't get a buff of any kind.

Two, It is still one of the best looking and most detailed models in game... It's also not a static model (the magazine is actually a seperate piece, very rare for this game).

Three, It sounds amazing all around. Solid reload noise, satifying shot sound. 

Four, it has a nice 'weight' to it, and is hella fun to use.

Let's do some actual math here.

The Soma has a base damage of 10 with crit values of 35% chance and 300% damage.  That means the Soma's average damage per shot is 17.

The Gorgon has a base damage of 24 with crit values of 2.5% chance and 150% damage.  The Gorgon's average damage per shot is 24.3.

The Soma has a fire rate of 15 and thus has a damage per second of 255, while the Gorgon has a DPS of 300.  The Soma else has small advantages in magazine size (10 more rounds), reload speed (1.2 less second), better accuracy, and polarities (two V).  Is that worth 45 DPS?  It makes the Soma a competitive weapon, but it's not overpowered.

The Supra has 35 damage and otherwise identical stats to the Gorgon.  Not much need be said here.

The Gorgon and Supra are fine.

Edited by NikolaiLev

The Soma has a base damage of 10 with crit values of 35% chance and 300% damage.  That means the Soma's average damage per shot is 17.

The Gorgon has a base damage of 24 with crit values of 2.5% chance and 150% damage.  The Gorgon's average damage per shot is 24.3.

The Soma has a fire rate of 15 and thus has a damage per second of 255, while the Gorgon has a DPS of 300.  The Soma else has small advantages in magazine size (10 more rounds), reload speed (1.2 less second), better accuracy, and polarities (two V).  Is that worth 45 DPS?  It makes the Soma a competitive weapon, but it's not overpowered.

The Supra has 35 damage and otherwise identical stats to the Gorgon.  Not much need be said here.

Math is all well and good, and I do see your point.

But when it comes to application, have you ever seen a supra hit it's target 100% of the time at medium range? At long range? Granted the soma would have trouble doing that as well, but it has a much higher accuracy than what the gorgon and supra would have. The accuracy would also assist on hitting weakpoints.

Not to mention soma has much better scaling with crit mods compared to gorgon/supra. While the ratio increased may be the same, there's a larger gap in damage.

I never did say soma was overpowered, it was that the gorgon and supra is overshadowed. They need something to stand out because there isn't much that makes them unique as weapons.

Math is all well and good, and I do see your point.

But when it comes to application, have you ever seen a supra hit it's target 100% of the time at medium range? At long range? Granted the soma would have trouble doing that as well, but it has a much higher accuracy than what the gorgon and supra would have. The accuracy would also assist on hitting weakpoints.

Not to mention soma has much better scaling with crit mods compared to gorgon/supra. While the ratio increased may be the same, there's a larger gap in damage.

I never did say soma was overpowered, it was that the gorgon and supra is overshadowed. They need something to stand out because there isn't much that makes them unique as weapons.

They're unique in that they Do More Damage.  The Gorgon was retired as it was deliberately "replaced," and the Supra stands out as a hard-to-use yet rewarding weapon.

At medium range, I've seen a supra hit a target 100% of the time.  I've done it before.  Long range?  No, of course not; a Soma will be better for that situation.  But up close and personal a Supra will be doing about twice the DPS.  And that's worth it.

I don't agree that they're overshadowed.  The only reason you see the Soma the most is because it's the easiest one to get, with the Gorgon being only awarded as a Login award (I happened to get one recently though!) and the Supra being an extremely resource intensive research weapon.

They're unique in that they Do More Damage.  The Gorgon was retired as it was deliberately "replaced," and the Supra stands out as a hard-to-use yet rewarding weapon.

At medium range, I've seen a supra hit a target 100% of the time.  I've done it before.  Long range?  No, of course not; a Soma will be better for that situation.  But up close and personal a Supra will be doing about twice the DPS.  And that's worth it.

I don't agree that they're overshadowed.  The only reason you see the Soma the most is because it's the easiest one to get, with the Gorgon being only awarded as a Login award (I happened to get one recently though!) and the Supra being an extremely resource intensive research weapon.

Their uniqueness is not their damage, it's what their function is. So far, these LMGs only really differ from assault rifle type weapons in their windup speed, their relatively poor accuracy (excluding soma),  their large magazine size, and their sluggish reload. Some rifles do a competitive amount of damage that would even make the LMGs seem relatively less unique if you're gauging by damage (Braton Prime: 25, Hind: 30)

Right, I have hit all my pretty lasers 100% on my target at medium range. However, I don't really aim for the weakpoints. Damage output is lost there, whereas the soma, with the higher accuracy, would be better able to aim for the weakpoints. Not to mention that the laser speed forces you to adjust your aim which also causes missed shots against moving targets.

While they might not be overshadowed in their respective LMG category, they are overshadowed by other weapons. If all LMGs are geared for is killing things, just about any other weapon would do the job just fine, and even better. LMGs need a distinct feel.

Bad math.

You calculated base stats while all we know that Soma is really shining after some crit build modding and has x8.4 crit damage mult.

Supra doesn't have it, neither does the same accuracy.

So Soma has better accuracy, larger mag and more dps.

So no, neither Gorgon nor Supra are fine.

Bad math.

You calculated base stats while all we know that Soma is really shining after some crit build modding and has x8.4 crit damage mult.

Supra doesn't have it, neither does the same accuracy.

So Soma has better accuracy, larger mag and more dps.

So no, neither Gorgon nor Supra are fine.

Explain to me how crit mods are somehow more valuable than base damage and elemental mods that the Supra and Gorgon have access to, please.  They can be modded too, you know.

Otherwise there's no proof that the Soma has more dps.

Explain to me how crit mods are somehow more valuable than base damage and elemental mods that the Supra and Gorgon have access to, please.  They can be modded too, you know.

Otherwise there's no proof that the Soma has more dps.

I have yet to see my Gorgon do up to ~250 per shot, while the Soma can do this perfectly with only a few mods (Rank 7 Serration, max rank Split Chamber, max rank Vital Sense, max rank Point Strike and rank 2 Critical Delay)

Gorgon (haven't used Supra, can't say anything about it) doesn't... shine, to say the least, whatever it can do, other guns can do better (Braton Prime does 25 damage with no windup, so before the Gorgon can actually get to a good speed, the Braton Prime has already killed what the Gorgon was going to)

I have yet to see my Gorgon do up to ~250 per shot, while the Soma can do this perfectly with only a few mods (Rank 7 Serration, max rank Split Chamber, max rank Vital Sense, max rank Point Strike and rank 2 Critical Delay)

Gorgon (haven't used Supra, can't say anything about it) doesn't... shine, to say the least, whatever it can do, other guns can do better (Braton Prime does 25 damage with no windup, so before the Gorgon can actually get to a good speed, the Braton Prime has already killed what the Gorgon was going to)

The first part of your post is merely anecdotal evidence.  I have yet to see my Soma do up to 250 per shot.  But that doesn't mean much.

As for the Braton Prime comparison: the Gorgon has a faster rate of fire (12.5 as opposed to 10) and a larger magazine.  It's also worth noting that Prime weapons are sometimes intended to be more powerful than market-bought weapons (see: Boar Prime), whereas this isn't the case here (though Braton Prime seems to just be an exception to the rule).

The issue I have with the Gorgon is that the blurb claims it's a heavy machine gun, but does two points more than a Braton, has no armour pierce (a HMG is a bunker buster type weapon, designed to take out emplacements and keep the enemy's head down.  So an HMG bullet, a .50, tends to brute force its way through things.)  It's lower accuracy at range is normal, and expected, but I was hoping for more damage per bullet.

The issue I have with the Gorgon is that the blurb claims it's a heavy machine gun, but does two points more than a Braton, has no armour pierce (a HMG is a bunker buster type weapon, designed to take out emplacements and keep the enemy's head down.  So an HMG bullet, a .50, tends to brute force its way through things.)  It's lower accuracy at range is normal, and expected, but I was hoping for more damage per bullet.

HMGs are never designed to get through concrete or emplacements.  The most they can hope to get through is light helicopters or lightly armored vehicles; possibly a single layer of sandbags at best.  The blurb is misleading, as heavy machine guns are never man-portable, so the Gorgon is a medium machine gun at best.  But that's just military terminology.

Relative to the rest of the weapons, it's a heavy gun.  But if it had more damage per bullet, it'd need a far lower rate of fire, and then it'd be more like a slow-firing yet fully-automatic battle rifle.  Machine guns are most commonly perceived as inaccurate bullet hoses (even though in reality, they're extremely accurate weapons), so naturally they chose to go with a high rate of fire.

If they did high damage per bullet and a high rate of fire, it'd just be an overpowered weapon.  So, that really isn't an option.