Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

31.1.X squashed icon collection zone

Hobie-wan

Figured maybe better to make one collective thread to list any icons that are squashed and stretched with the 31.1.X update. Surprised DE didn't make one.

Extractor icons, both on the Nav screen icon and the picker when you send one out. The Titan Icon is also cropped differently than the distilling.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Harrow chassis BP in mission summary.

Ancient Healer specter BP in mission summary.

Thanks for making this. I came here to report Harrow chassis, and you saved me the effort.

I'm not only surprised that DE didn't make a megathread for this after requesting the feedback...I'm sort of surprised they had to request the feedback. With hundreds (thousands?) of icons, this check should be automated.

16 hours ago, atteSmythe said:

this check should be automated.

They probably have, but they'll be searching for for code that references a picture file and getting all the rectangular ones to all point to the same new square one. Perhaps over the years there's either been changes in naming conventions for the files or slip ups where the convention wasn't followed and one here or there was named something different. Years ago I was adding pictures to a catalog of cars. I tried to keep a standard format for front, side, rear, bottom, and 3/4 view, but I still made slip ups every now and then or would end up with some variant or extra detail picture that would have an odd name that was slightly different. If I were to have to go back now I'm sure a few would be missed and fixed as they were found.

On 2022-02-14 at 3:46 PM, NobleWolf42 said:

Ambassador Stock Blueprint as well

Spoiler

6XFufDC.png

Oof - that some chassis blueprints are stretched and others are not suggests a real mess under the hood. I mean, somewhat understandable after 8 years...but I don't envy the team working on this and really hope that they're taking a whole-system approach to fixing it.

In the foundry, the large and small icons are somewhat random. Moreover, as you scroll up and down, which items are large and which are small will change. I haven't found a rhyme or reason for it yet.

I believe some icons (warframes and maybe weapons?) have always been larger. I suspect that the algorithm determines icon sizes is working off of a different sorted/filtered list than the display is using.

Any Guilding Process which requires some Resource, shows this Resource squashed/wide.

• Cetus -> Hok -> Other Services -> Guild -> Wide Cetus Wisps
  • Fortuna -> Zuud -> Other Services -> Guild ->Wide Shelter Debt-Bonds
  • Fortuna -> Legs -> Other Services -> Guild -> Wide Training Debt-Bonds
  • Necralisk -> Father -> Other Services -> Guild -> Wide Father Tokens
  • Necralisk -> Son -> Experimental Procedures -> Guild -> Wide Son Tokens

The other Vendors that can Guild (namely Onkko and Little Duck) only need Standing, so there's no Resource to widen.

Archived