Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile Defense Radiation Hazard

Nona933

Just tried playing a sortie mobile defense mission with the radiation hazard modifier. Mission is un-winnable because the radiation zones keep spawning on top of the console and killing it even from full health.

This seems like bad design for a few reasons:

1) there’s nothing players can do to prevent it

2) it’s entirely random and unavoidably fails the mission even if everything else is done right

3) it’s almost guaranteed to happen to at least one of the consoles

It seems like the ideal solution would be to adjust it such that the radiation zones can’t spawn in the consoles or simply don’t damage them.

If neither of those is possible then it’s probably best to just prevent the mobile defense/radiation hazard combo from appearing in sorties, since it makes the entire day impossible to complete.

Did some research and think I’ve figured out what exactly was happening. 

Turns out radiation hazards enable friendly fire, so someone must have been using an AoE weapon and catching the console in the blast radius. Played again with a new squad without anyone using AoE and had no problem.

In light of that I don’t think it’s entirely a game design failure. However, I do think that the friendly fire effect of rad damage on players & allies should be made clearer, because I had no idea that was a thing until now even though I’ve been playing this game for a few years.

17 hours ago, Nona933 said:

Turns out radiation hazards enable friendly fire, so someone must have been using an AoE weapon and catching the console in the blast radius. Played again with a new squad without anyone using AoE and had no problem.

Well.... Yes.... I thought you knew this already 👀....

17 hours ago, Nona933 said:

In light of that I don’t think it’s entirely a game design failure. However, I do think that the friendly fire effect of rad damage on players & allies should be made clearer, because I had no idea that was a thing until now even though I’ve been playing this game for a few years.

That's fair.... Infact you can say that about alot of Status Procs simve you won't encounter those Very Often in the Regular Game....

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know Magnetic Procs drain your Energy since you only really encounter those on the Corpus Fleet Tilesets and even then only on The Sabotage missions.... 

Not only that.... Because the Proc scrambled your interface you also don't even know it's Magnetic to begin with....

Technically you can also encounter this on the Grineer Galleon Tileset but since New Players never have Energy.... How would they know that Those Magnetic Barriers Drain Energy ?

And that's just the basics stuff... We haven't even gotten to why Abilities don't work on some Enemies or why The Damage on them is Inconsistent.... The game doesn't explain those Either....

I myself only learned last year that Radiation Procs prevent you from Reviving Downed Allies....😱

On 2022-02-12 at 4:39 PM, Nona933 said:

Did some research and think I’ve figured out what exactly was happening. 

Radiation does make enemies damage each other tho, its in its description, making the person hit turn on allies

Man reading this post reminds me of when self inflicted radiation proc was a thing. Got a teammate you dont like? No problem

Good times, still do it in the void sometimes 😈😈😈

Archived