Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I Absolutely Miss In This Game

Deservate

I see where he is coming from though.  Soma IS outta place a bit with the size of its magazine for what it does and compared to other similar weapons in the game.

Basically I think the gorgon with higher damage and instead of the spin-up just a slowed down fire-rate.

4 + 5 don't really contradict each other, but I blame battlefield for making people think HMG's are supposed to be able to be used like sniper rifles.  I've seen this in other game forums as well people criticizing the HMG for not being "realistic" because in battlefield they can practically snipe people with them.

HMG is the real life spray and pray weapon, er... um... suppression system, yeah. 

Exactly, and especially for squad level support weapons, they are for sustained supression. Although since you can't supress in warframe it may as well be like a heavy boltor from WH40K esque.

Hm, maybe some heavy mounted weapons? They could fit in planet tilesets.

I want heavy mounted weapons in unreachable spots in the maps, operated by Grineer soldiers with red visors.

I want rocket launchers which covers large areas on the map, also in unreachable spots. Say some 50 meters away from the players and with no warning.

Both weapons will have a metal shield like the one from the Shield Lancer. That is, you have to shoot on the Grineer's head to make it stop working. This will be a challenge for sharpshooters.

All that is currently possible in Phobos which have a very open map.

Phobos: only the elite go there.

I'm thinking...

What about a machine gun that fires at the rate of Gorgon before the spin up? High damage, let's say 50. Drawing from rifle mods and ammo pool. With no magazine... Meaning, belt fed.

That's right... A big ol' pile o' GITSOME!

This will bring some use to the Ammo Drum mod.

And also be OP as F*** unless you're going to give it an accuracy of 0.01 or there-about.

Machine guns are accurate. The M2 is accurate at up to 2 miles(3.2 km). The M-249 is good for 700+ meters. The recoil/mass of the weapon are the problems. The less mass a weapon has, the more recoil the user has to absorb.

I just want a 'real' machine gun. Something with punch, range and belt-fed.

Name:                         *surprise me*

Type:                           Machine Gun

Damage:                      50

Damage Type:             Bullet(Maybe Armor-Piercing?)

Projectile Speed:         Hit-Scan

Fire Rate:                    4.0

Accuracy:                    16(I still don't know what these numbers mean, but this weapon needs to be accurate)

Trigger:                        Automatic

Magazine:                    Belt-Fed

Reload:                        0(draws from a belt feed system, reloading is not necessary)

Critical Hit Chance:      2.5%

Critical Hit Damage:     150%

Other notes...

There is no spool-up time. You cannot aim down the sights and there is no zoom. This one is hip fire only, it's a truly HEAVY weapon. The recoil should be mid-range, manageable, but not insane. I'm using recoil in place of a reduced accuracy because a skilled shooter will be able to get the most out of each round. Possible reduction in movement speed when firing? This weapon will use Rifle Mods and Ammo Pool.

Yeah, this idea sounds interesting. I, too, want to see weapon with too many bullet in one magazine and has so much disadvantages that shooting around like crazy person is better. I'm serious. Weapon with this much ammunition can only be balance by not too high damage and stupid recoil.

Maybe I deep down want to dual-wield gorgon....

Name:                         *surprise me*

Type:                           Machine Gun

Damage:                      50

Damage Type:             Bullet(Maybe Armor-Piercing?)

Projectile Speed:         Hit-Scan

Fire Rate:                    4.0

Accuracy:                    16(I still don't know what these numbers mean, but this weapon needs to be accurate)

Trigger:                        Automatic

Magazine:                    Belt-Fed

Reload:                        0(draws from a belt feed system, reloading is not necessary)

Critical Hit Chance:      2.5%

Critical Hit Damage:     150%

Other notes...

There is no spool-up time. You cannot aim down the sights and there is no zoom. This one is hip fire only, it's a truly HEAVY weapon. The recoil should be mid-range, manageable, but not insane. I'm using recoil in place of a reduced accuracy because a skilled shooter will be able to get the most out of each round. Possible reduction in movement speed when firing? This weapon will use Rifle Mods and Ammo Pool.

this. i'd even give it a smaller rate of fire, like 2-3 per sec. and (optionaly) increase base dmg a bit

also, it needs to sound powerfull, sth like

You mean like a minigun?

No, most guns you consider "Machine Guns" are so inaptly labeled due to poor gun education / television-generated misconceptions. The majority of these guns are actually L(light)MGs. What the OP is describing is in fact a Machine Gun, one of which is not presently acquirable through normal means. They are not typically used in combat due to their cumbersome qualities making them unwieldy to all but large, sturdy, and dexterous combatants.

Edited by Scrybatog

And still could become...one can dream, right...?

With the Gorgon destined to go the way of ol'Yeller, I'm afraid everything points towards to DE not wanting to touch the Gorgon at all, but rather let it slip away into obscurity.

Such a sad fate for the most iconic weapon of the game.