The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Combo System Suggestion.

N0ThX

Hy

I don't know how DE is proceeding whit implementing new combo system.

But i had an idea. What if player could choose from the attacks that the combo system applies to the game.

For example: You will have an option to choose the 3 attacks of combo system in game at the ARSENAL.

1st attack: Regular slash.

2nd and 3rd attack could be selected by player from a given list of attacks.

Example for a preset:

1st: Regular slash.

2nd: Slash right/left whit dashing little bit forward.

3rd: Slams the ground.

@N0ThX

I like the idea of 'dial a combo' this would allow to further specilize my melee weapons, though some current 'common' moves would need to have some advantage added, like the mentioned dash, cause currently some of those moves just cover less ground with no advantage besides beeing part of the movement chain.

I see a money making option, Something to add to the melee weapon, similar to stat changes with the current helmets that do slightly different combo attacks.  Slower and more powerful, faster but fewer targets.  They could then be equipped onto the weapon like a skin.

This is a good idea. You could make the new combo's unlockable by weapon level. So you get 2 different animations for first, second, and third attacks and when you forma it, you keep all the animations but gain a finisher move or something.

That's a lot of animation work though. like 7 different animations for dagger, longsword, heavy, polearm, scythe, machete. That's about 42 different animations.

Not to mention people will want charge attack combos so add another 36 animations and that brings the total to 78 new animations :(

There might be different ways of chaining combos that DE may be considering. One way would be to follow the Ninja Gaiden and dynasty warriors example of how to chain light and heavy attacks. So "regular, charge" would yield different charge animations than the charge in: "regular, regular charge". This would require a lot of work for the animators, yes. But as a result, we would have  a far deeper melee system with far more player control in the different attacks with all the attendant strategic and aesthetic benefits. 

I'd like it if they'd add a Stinger style attack that allows you to quickly close the distance between you and your opponent.  No clue how they'd implement it, though.  Maybe hold down the melee button and then left mouse click on the enemy you want to attack?  It'd have to be a button combo that would be quick and easy to do so you can use the move to zip between enemies and keep the pacing of the fight fast and intense. 

They could also possibly add in a melee mod that would let you use the Stinger move to get out of knockbacks if performed while you're being knocked back.  You flip back onto your feet in midair and Stinger back to them so it's not as annoying to melee enemies like Grineer heavies when you're not Rhino.  It could also just be an inherent attribute of the move instead of a mod.

ive personally never really enjoyed a combo system like that. but the only one I didnt mind too much was GodHand. havent tried Remember Me yet that supposedly has a similar system as well...

I'm just going to wait for the heavy combo's before rending judgement

I just hope combo system wont be mod related. But know DE they will make it mod related.

Interesting method but if DE includes moves into mods witch we have to equip in our mele weaps then they need to improove slightly the mele weapon mods.

After 100lvl++ ur even strugleing with a fully potatoed Galatine, witch is qurently the strongest mele weap of the game.

Im hoping DE have a look at the melee system that is used in the current SPACE MARINE game

Its an excellent, fast, varied and creative system where You can use combinations of fast attacks, kicks, shoulder blocks, power attacks and jump attacks with a different selection of melee weapons, mostly swords and hammers,  but anyone who has played it will tell ya its a pretty unique system, and great fun to use

I think a combo system would break the game. Not only would it slow things down to where your fighting one on one, but even if you could attack multiple people it would just turn into Dynasty Warriors 47, which is a bad thing. Lastly I think it forces you to be too linear, you'd be stuck on the ground instead of wall-running and sliding etc...

Edited by Dreamnomad

I want to system fighting melee mechanics and movement make Team Ninja/Ninja Theory.

Movement and Melee system combat:
- Move+Shift- Fast dash.(changed the Roll)
-All melee animation changed to character move automaticly forward.
-E,E,E,E,E - normal combo (last hit will push enemy back)
-Holding Key to left or right and press E while combo will make an attack to the left or right attack all enemies that are attacking us from other sides (in warframe while attacking movements keys do nothing so this will be more cool)
-Holding Key back and press E while combo will make Back attack, helpful when someone will try to attack us from the back.
-Holding forward and press E while combo will make an attack that will push our enemy and he will fall to the ground and our character while that attack will move automaticly forward (example Heavy weapon attack with holder)
-Pressing spacebar while combo will just make us jump
-Holding movement and pressing space bar while combo will make us jump forward/left/right/back example: above the enemy with front flip
-Holding E charge attack
-Stop holding E while charge attack will make attack that will cause our enemy launched into the air (sword swing from the ground to air)
-Pressing CTRL while combo will make us to crouch very low to avoid almost all melee attacks.
-Press guard in good time will make our enemy staggered and we get no damage from melee attack. (to not spam/smash guard, every released guard will have short animation)
-Air combo E,E,E short air combo last hit will push our enemy back.
-Air CTRL + E Ground attack

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I'd like to see what it would "feel" like ingame before talking about it but i think it would be akward. Dynasty warriors style combos have never been done in a FPS before and they might be really akward when done on a keyboard. Even more if you keep attacks aligned to the camera.

• 3 months later...

UPPERCUT

UPPERCUT

FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!

/Ankyros

I see the Ankyros 'heavy' combo as a stun with a "set up" where the Tenno uses his off-hand to steady the target's face as he immediately lays him out with a heavy punch.