Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Booster

BlackAce

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Farming data?

Resource farming. For example with fishing, how many fish do we get on average for one bait. Resource Drop Chance Booster messes up with the data since it doubles the base amount of fish for hotspots. Due to the nature of RNG it doesn't translate to double the amount of fish. Resource Booster on the other hand only doubles the amount you caught so it doesn't affect the data.

Iirc, all boosters are chance to drop doubled so just divide all the data by half to still have meaningful data?

I don't think it would be worth contacting support about since the drop boost would probably expire before they got back to you especially if it over a weekend. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt trying to contact them about voiding your booster.

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

Iirc, all boosters are chance to drop doubled so just divide all the data by half to still have meaningful data?

Nope. For Affinity Booster and Resource Booster that statement is true since both boosters are straight 2x multiplier directly to the resource obtained instead of manipulating drop chance. I could still gather the data with both since I could just divide my loot/affinity result by two since without those boosters I only get half as much. But for Resource Drop Chance Booster it doesn't mean you can just divide the gathered result by 2 just because the drop chance is doubled due to how RNG works.

I am not an educated expert on this topic so I can't explain it in a good way. Try reading this article.

5 hours ago, acevezwing said:

Has anyone ever asked support to remove booster? I received a 3-Days Resource Drop Chance Booster from Sortie and it's messing with my farming data that I'm collecting for the weekend.

The booster will be long since over by the time you get a response from support.

5 hours ago, Larsurus said:

The booster will be long since over by the time you get a response from support.

That's what I thought. Also it's weekend and I assume they aren't full staffed on weekend.

5 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Waiting to go off and then resume the data collection is not a possible solution?

Yeah. I'm going to be very busy after this weekend until the foreseeable future. This weekend is pretty much the only time I can play in a long stretch and I want to finish this as soon as I can.

I guess I should just give it up instead of cluttering support's ticket queue.

Archived