Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Corpus Supporting Tenno: Here Is What You Did.

Ced23Ric

You contradict yourself, good sir.

We don't know actually that. What little lore we have suggests they indoctrinate their guys (the ones we shoot), not civilians.

After all, why would you need civilians if you could turn them all into mindless crewmen?

If the Crewmen are indeed brainwashed civilians (most likely because the Corpus aren't clones) they are very much enslaving them.

Ideally we'd need the Corpus to have as much power as the Grineer, so that they can fight each other until they are so weak the Tenno can just clean up.

You are confused here. We cannot win a war of attrition, but the Grineer and Corpus can sustain it. Ongoing war furthers developments, giving forcemultipliers to warring parties. Since the Grineer and Corpus are large, their development will happen at a faster rate than ours. Tenno are a proactive guerilla force. We cannot maintain standing entrenchments. Grineer wiping out Corpus would make the Tenno effort a lot easier. The faster the Grineer are victorious, the better. because speed thins their numbers and weakens them. A slow and steady progress would be the worst for the Tenno, as it speaks garrisons, time to restock and clone more, etc.

If both parties are at 50/100 power, they will not go down. They will maintain. We need an imbalance to see one side removed. They will not remove each other. As armies of their respective sizes, especially with contracts between them, they will halt efforts to replenish losses, causing a standstill, with the Tenno facing two strong opponents.

Rather see one side remove and topple the other and then bash the victor while he is recuperating.

Strategy. It seems hard.

stupid stuff like this

I can give reason why the Grineer are the worse enemy here but that would just start the flame war thread right back up again.

Your opinion is wrong.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Not really. The Grineer/Corpus relationship is either

a. All out war.

b. Friendship is magic.

There have been events where the Grineer have slapped the Corpus around (Formorian, Gradivarius) but also events which has revealed that the Corpus are eager to cooperate with the Grineer (that event where the Corpus hid the location of the new Grineer settlements in the Void - I forget the name).

So they are apparently often working together against us, so the utter annihilation of one of them (or at least a severe setback in this case) is beneficial to us Tenno.

EDIT: Also of note is that the whole reason for the Gradivarius event was that the Corpus broke the terms of their cooperation agreement; once more proving that they do work together.

But that's the point, we need them to kill each other. Otherwise the Tenno are lost.

If the Corpus suddenly disappeared, the Grineer could focus on murdering Tenno... aided by all the information the Corpus previously had.

Unless a few Tenno can kill an entire faction, saving them by helping that same faction isn't a good trade. Balance still is the best option.

(anyway, I think after Gradivus the Corpus and the Grineer are no longer friends :P)

Hey CED eat this http://ow.ly/i/3H6Vg/original

Grineer didn't save jack #$#$. You didn't get them all. Like I thought from the very beginning.

Of course. You and other Corpus supporters helped foil the rescue of some Tenno. We saved the majority, but the ones who got away are accredited entirely to your shame and failure. Don't pin your betrayal on those who tried saving them all. Because it was you who made that goal fail. Because you sided with the captors of your fellow Tenno.

Shameful display.

Also: railroad/10 storytelling DE, would complain on travelocity about subpar service.

And yours is right ? Please don't let your ego get the best of you. You're opinion is wrong as well.

I chose the side to save Tenno, you chose the side to condemn them to be cut into pieces, alive. If you think my side is wrong, you need to check your moral compass, friend. You may have visited Neptune in the past.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Of course. You and other Corpus supporters helped foil the rescue of some Tenno. We saved the majority, but the ones who got away are accredited entirely to your shame and failure. Don't pin your betrayal on those who tried saving them all. Because it was you who made that goal fail. Because you sided with the captors of your fellow Tenno.

Shameful display.

Also: railroad/10 storytelling DE, would complain on travelocity about subpar service.

O I'm sorry you can't stop what was going to happen in the first place. Sorry I rather side with people that are less of a threat to the galaxy then people who want to murder and enslave all living things.

Face the facts you doomed people and worlds to death with enslavement. You're are worse than scum you're not even fit to be called Tenno. You're more befitting to be called  "Betrayer of Life".

There are no bonds deeper than blood, yet you gladly gave them up for the right price. DElude yourself however you wish, traitor. You'll have no quarter from us.

You contradict yourself, good sir.

If the Crewmen are indeed brainwashed civilians (most likely because the Corpus aren't clones) they are very much enslaving them.

I'm not, I'm saying the crewmen are not civilians. I'm saying DE presented the "civilians" in the event as non-brainwashed. Grineer supporters interpret that as "slaves" just to justify letting millions die or worse. We should take the pre-mission text literally, as it was unbiased and not in-character.

You are confused here. We cannot win a war of attrition, but the Grineer and Corpus can sustain it. Ongoing war furthers developments, giving forcemultipliers to warring parties. Since the Grineer and Corpus are large, their development will happen at a faster rate than ours. Tenno are a proactive guerilla force. We cannot maintain standing entrenchments. Grineer wiping out Corpus would make the Tenno effort a lot easier. The faster the Grineer are victorious, the better. because speed thins their numbers and weakens them. A slow and steady progress would be the worst for the Tenno, as it speaks garrisons, time to restock and clone more, etc.

If both parties are at 50/100 power, they will not go down. They will maintain. We need an imbalance to see one side removed. They will not remove each other. As armies of their respective sizes, especially with contracts between them, they will halt efforts to replenish losses, causing a standstill, with the Tenno facing two strong opponents.

Rather see one side remove and topple the other and then bash the victor while he is recuperating.

Strategy. It seems hard.

If you imbalance the conflict enough, the winner won't have to recuperate. They'll gain momentum. Tenno can't fight that. Tenno are more like a guerrilla force, small surgical strikes with significant effect, but they can't fight the army that conquered the whole system by themselves.

Standstills are costly, they'd both become weaker in the long term. As they become weaker they wouldn't be able to turn their attention to the Tenno.

Then you remove one of them. You don't try to do it now, that "the Grineer are at the height of their power". That's helping them kill us.

We should use the Corpus as a weapon against the Grineer, and viceversa. But we should start by hurting the side that has the most power.

really going off topic here:

i love how the gradivus event actually caused threads like this to happen.

a lore based topic about a moral dilemma... its beautiful.

it actually feels like warframe has a bit of lore for a change.

stepping out of lore:

sadly, the issue i see with the event and that trailer, is that it (the trailer) had been being worked on even before the event... so no matter what happened, this vid would have been the outcome.

also:

before anyone really starts getting on their high horses... i think this thread is less "your stupid for picking corpus and you should feel bad" and more "im having fun using lore to spark a debate" kind of affair.

O I'm sorry you can't stop what was going to happen in the first place. Sorry I rather side with people that are less of a threat to the galaxy then people who want to murder and enslave all living things.

Wut. The Corpus are using warframe technology and enslaving people and have huge armies with giant robots, and you think the Grineer are more of a threat. Ha ha hahahahaha. That's insayian!

There are no bonds deeper than blood, yet you gladly gave them up for the right price. DElude yourself however you wish, traitor. You'll have no quarter from us.

Trust me when I see any of you Grineer aiders your death will be slow and painful. I'll make sure you understand all the pain you cause of those who are now slaves to the Grineer. You're worse than anything anyone could image you're a corrupted tenno.

But that's the point, we need them to kill each other. Otherwise the Tenno are lost.

If the Corpus suddenly disappeared, the Grineer could focus on murdering Tenno... aided by all the information the Corpus previously had.

Unless a few Tenno can kill an entire faction, saving them by helping that same faction isn't a good trade. Balance still is the best option.

(anyway, I think after Gradivus the Corpus and the Grineer are no longer friends :P)

The Grineer already do focus on murdering Tenno. The Corpus and Grineer seem to get along by default; only when the Corpus forget their place do they get the cyborg pimp slap. It is apparently rare for them to come to blows.

Trust me when I see any of you Grineer aiders your death will be slow and painful. I'll make sure you understand all the pain you cause of those who are now slaves to the Grineer. You're worse than anything anyone could image you're a corrupted tenno.

Oh Corpus Apologist, you so silly.

Edited by Brimir

Wut. The Corpus are using warframe technology and enslaving people and have huge armies with giant robots, and you think the Grineer are more of a threat. Ha ha hahahahaha. That's insayian!

The Corpus are using Orokin technology, learn to lore. Just cause the frames is Orkokin tech doesn't mean they're just using those frames. Grineer are more of a threat..... why do you think we were awoken to deal with them instead of the Corpus ?

Edited by Gravefire

Issur get off the internet and come celebrate the Hanuka Project!

Ced23Ric:

The returned tenno were a lie.  What tenno is available now who was not available before this so called war?  None.

You delude yourself to justify not defending the innocent.  You knew of the human colonists and our sacred task of defending them.  You know of our strategy for such protection; balance.  We are too few, even with all our power, to ever defeat all those we call foe.

Now those martian colonists are dead, slaves, or worse, more Grineer.  You have betrayed your principles for an empty promise.

Renan.Ruivo:

While you've defended the innocent and the balance, you've done so at the cost of your fellow Tenno, and while we know the Grineer would never return them, and in fact did not despite Ruk's empty words and promises, there is no honor in continuing to defend the Corpus. They worship only profit, and know only greed and betrayal.  They would sell their children in the name of profit, and they are no better than the Grineer. What they are, however, is weaker.

We were instructed to maintain the balance, not fight among ourselves as we seek to make ourselves servants of our favored masters.  You both sadden me.

Face the facts you doomed people and worlds to death with enslavement. You're are worse than scum you're not even fit to be called Tenno. You're more befitting to be called  "Betrayer of Life". O I'm sorry you can't stop what was going to happen in the first place. Sorry I rather side with people that are less of a threat to the galaxy then people who want to murder and enslave all living things.

Heh.

You seem to drop the veil when called out, my friend. Is it starting to get to you that your efforts were in vain, that you accomplished nothing positive, that you condemned those closest to our cause to death, yet did not take anything from the battlefield to show for it? Is the burden of guilt, self-loathing and delusions shaking you up so much that you are fleeing into such void justification and counter-accusations?

Where did you strengthen or defend the Tenno?

What evil did you prevent?

Who did you save?

Never, none, no one.

You don't understand it, you don't see the picture. You just cling to "Corpus are a lesser threat" and accept their reign, their disregard for you and the other Tenno, and gladly take their bloodmoney. You might just have killed those Tenno yourself and get paid for it. You forgot what the Tenno are, what our station is and who your ally is. And now that you are paying the price of your betrayals, you are crying foul.

I am sorry for the loss of your purity, deceived Tenno. Yet, as others have said: You no longer deserve to consider yourself welcome with those who fight for their kind. You are not trustworthy. You are not dependable. Gladly will you let other Tenno die to further your own goals. You might aswell be another enemy, at this stage. And the worst: You feel no regrets about your atrocities.