Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Maps Need Revamped

TheVoyant

As a newer player the one thing that stood out to me the most was how the level design didn't seem to match up with movement/gameplay. After understanding how movement and parkour was added later it makes total sense.

There are two many areas I'd bring to attention:

1. The size of corridors/hallways in many places. Esp earlier planets. Just literally need more room to move around usually in the width column more then the height. 

2. Visibility (though this is an issue for more then just levels imo. The coloring of the levels paired with the coloring of the enemies often makes it look lower quality to me. Even at max settings.) This is the one that I've gotten the most complaints about with people I introduce to the game. Its hard to see where you're supposed to be going and seems to rely on player familiarity upon replay more then being intuitive/natural. Its what I've found to be the biggest roadblock to enjoyment for people being brought into it in 2022. That and just that the initial starchart experience isn't fun when paired the lack of in game guidance to help them understand what they're supposed to be doing. 

Just two cents from a retired marketing professional. This game is great but there's lots of small things that turn away new players. The perception of the game externally probably being the hardest to overcome. As I myself had zero interest in the game bc of the media available + the initial game experience. If I hadn't of been pushed thru it with friends to get to steel path I'd of been another loss statistic. However, once I reached Steel Path the game has been 20x better.

Just there's a great game here but could be flourishing even more with some tlc :)

Please don't touch the Void. Best tiles ever. Whoever did the Void tile sets gets to work on the rest. Don't let anyone else touch them.

After playing on the reworked Corpus tile sets I'm afraid of change. That defense map is atrocious. The rest look great but are no fun to play on. 

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

Hell they even need to touch up the maps they're redone recently. Cus they still can't quite grasp how toxic just the very existence of elevators makes people in this game.
They almost got it, but not quite.

I have no idea what you're talking about 😏

Archived