Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did each Orphix (successfully) exactly once

Verager

Exactly 3 Orphix down, each. I see some arcanes are exclusively behind this mission. I'm just never going to get them. Not a single one. If I need them to keep going, I'm just done with the game. Nothing will ever be worth continuing to acknowledge these things exist.

This is not a mission, it's an event. It's an event I never got to participate in, I'm just punished by the cancer it left, that torments the otherwise quite nice Railjack segments by barring progress in every proxima after the first with a system that is barred to exactly one bounty, that must be painstakingly ground exactly one million times until I get the necramech and mods to just finish, much less the 12 orphix I would have to burn through for a single 1% drop chance.

Nobody likes these. Do something about them.

10 minutes ago, Verager said:

This is not a mission, it's an event. It's an event I never got to participate in, I'm just punished by the cancer it left, that torments the otherwise quite nice Railjack segments by barring progress in every proxima after the first with a system that is barred to exactly one bounty, that must be painstakingly ground exactly one million times until I get the necramech and mods to just finish, much less the 12 orphix I would have to burn through for a single 1% drop chance.

It's not the event..

The event was far, far easier. RJ Orphix is incomparably more poorly balanced and tuned to Orphix Venom, which was a fairly pleasant jaunt in which a rent-a-mech could at least manage initial completions, you had time to recover in case your own mech got blown up, and a fully kitted mech could comfortably full-clear endurance with decent builds and approach. Exactly none of those apply in RJ Orphix.

Reset the difficulty and timing back to what it was during the event....    Cap it at 20 orphix to get arcanes.   Put all the OG orphix mods BACK into orphix and away from Juggy Rex.  The RJ orphix nodes might spring to life.(aka definately)

Right now... I agree, the nodes are horrible.

Sanctuary Onslaught has horrible timing.

I am scared some of the new Zariman missions will have horrible timers....   =(

----

Those timers and difficulty are not something to aspire to, they are things to be avoided.  Which DE NEVER shares that stats with us to prove one way or another.    

How many people run Orphix during a month.   How many Orphix get taken down on average.   How many unique names ran it... aka what % of the community is engaging with that content.  

Why do we have to wait years before it gets addressed???   Railjack is close to a happy place but it still needs more work.   Grineer side needs revamped to rip out inside/outside buddy gates.    Corpus side needs revamped to have more actual RJ battles.  Im not opposed to keeping the normal mission parts....  they did it for enemy spawn reasons...  but grineer side works fine... im not oppose to corpus being more like grineer side with bases you can raid without your squad

Quite literally just did the one in veil and the first Orphix spawned inside Parvo's pyramid. Bonewidow still managed to hit it through a wall but it was just scratch damage, and by the time I got it down to half the second orphix spawned, and shortly after, the third. So yeah, bugframe. At this point I'm just kinda done with really stupid bugs, because there's zero reason a stationary NPC that always spawn in the exact same spot should be spawning inside the floor.

Rant aside, this is why I didn't bother trying to farm arcanes outside of events like Scarlet Sphere or Orphix Venom, and I've decided that remains the best use of my time. For extra agony I used the same meta bonewidow build that solo'd Orphix Venom for all 36 ships back when the event was live.

Considering the state of Orphix right now, and the fact it's hard to keep up even with titania and prime sure footed to just floor it between orphix ships, my advice for farming arcanes is to either just become a prime part seller and grind out the plat to buy the arcanes, or wait until an event pops where you can power grind the arcanes you want. Both of those are a far better use of your time.

I say this because I can't nolife grind tridolons for 16 hours a day.

I want arcane rage, but it was lower on my priority list when I power grinded orphix venom, and didn't get enough time to get it. So, if I want to farm it now, without an event, I have two options: Tridolon hunting with a roughly 13% drop chance or Neptune Orphix with a roughly 4% drop chance. A full arcane rage takes 21 of them, so:

• Tridolon Hunting:
    • Best case scenario, using the wiki numbers, if I get one every 7 hunts, I'll need 147 hunts to get arcane rage. My record is 3 tridolons per night in pub runs, and day lasts about an hour and a half, give or take loading times and the like. I'm not dealing with that much grind.
  • Neptune Orphix:
    • Best case scenario again, that is one rage every 28 runs of 12 orphix each. I'd need about 588 of these perfect runs.

In that time you can grind, build, and fully forma and equip with primed mods:

• Bonewidow (the best nechramech because she can heal - combine with Nechramech rage for infinite sword mode)
  • a 'good enough' general-purpose warframe of your choice/janky frame (Nezha, Gauss, Zephyr, Mirage, Mesa, Wukong, etc.)
  • An AOE spam primary (Kuva Zar/Kuva Tonkor/Kuva Brama/Tenet Arca Plasmor/Trumna; the meta guns)
  • A Rubico Prime with max crit build for things that demand extreme single target damage
  • A secondary of your choice (Kuva nukor for example)
  • A guandao prime or other high crit, spammy melee. Stropha with heavy attack build is also a good option for bosses like the Nechramechs.

...And then wait for the next event with arcanes you can target and grind. In the case DE manages to come up with an event that needs a specific piece of equipment, it will undoubtedly still involve hoards of cannon fodder for blasting with AOE/feeding Mesa.

Just came back to the game, tried to finish my steel path and RJ star charts. Got to the veil proxima orphix mission. Not only do I have no earthly idea WHY Father is talking to me(you've made no connection to this character for this mission and because I didn't play the timed event, I have no idea what is going on)and what kind of gametype is this? This is the sloppiest I've ever seen warframe. Tried it in necramech and was just overloaded with enemies, kill 1 orphix and have no time to deal with the rest. Honestly between the transmissions from father and this BS gametype I'm done. I've never been this frustrated at the game.

13 hours ago, Suncobra said:

Just came back to the game, tried to finish my steel path and RJ star charts. Got to the veil proxima orphix mission. Not only do I have no earthly idea WHY Father is talking to me(you've made no connection to this character for this mission and because I didn't play the timed event, I have no idea what is going on)and what kind of gametype is this? This is the sloppiest I've ever seen warframe. Tried it in necramech and was just overloaded with enemies, kill 1 orphix and have no time to deal with the rest. Honestly between the transmissions from father and this BS gametype I'm done. I've never been this frustrated at the game.

Exact Same Thing Happen To me....

I complete the Railjack Portion.... Jump on to the Capital Ship.... Then I'm Ejected from my Warframe without Warning or Explanation and Father Starts barking Jibberish at me and I don't know what the Hell is going on....

It was like being thrown to the Wolves....

Archived