Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Polarize Buff

Jamescell

Shield Polarize is quite scrawny for a second ability; personally I don't think it would even be worth the energy as a first ability. I propose we feed this starving mut, and make it worth the energy. The major flaw with this ability lies in the fact that shields are easily expendable and acquired, and all this ability does is a small amount of damage to enemies (conditionally) and a slight restoration in team shields. My solution is not to beef up other aspects of the ability, or add strange side affects, but to instead increase the potency of the shields restored and drained to 100% and grant bonus shields to all allies nearby. I won't go into the specific amount of bonus shields given to allies, but it would be a substantial amount. Bonus shields would regenerate like normal, but once shield levels fall below the original maximum capacity a Warframe has, they will not regenerate the bonus shields. 

Put simply: 100% Potency and bonus shields to all allies within range. Bonus shields regen. Once bonus shields are burned through, they do not regenerate.

That's because you're using it incorrectly. Shield Polarize is an offensive ability, not a defensive one.  Consider that it restores allies/pods shields a bonus.  When used against crowds of shielded enemies (especially corrupted/corpus that are being buffed by shield ospreys) it can be devastating, comparable even to Nova's Molecular Prime ability.  When shield polarize hits an enemy, it takes away half of that enemies' shield, and explodes in a radius around them, dealing damage equal to that amount.  Now consider if a group of enemies are all shielded together, and you have quite a spectacular chain of explosions going on.

First of all, it only works on Corpus and Grineer, and unless you are on very low levels where shields and health of enemies are at their closest, the ability doesn't do much damage. 

It is situational, and costs double that of pull. Oh and enemy shields regenerate.

Edited by Jamescell

First of all, it only works on Corpus and Grineer, and unless you are on very low levels where shields and health of enemies are at their closest, the ability doesn't do much damage. 

It is situational, and costs double that of pull. Oh and enemy shields regenerate.

And thats why you have pull and crush.  If you're not fighting enemies who do not have shields, use a diferent frame. It's that simple.  It's like any other game with a class system.  Some classes are just better for some environments. 

Oh also, extremely wrong.  Mag is devastating to high level Corrupted.  Especially once they get over level 200.

Edited by DragonDance

That's like saying Bastille is underpowered because it only works on Infested. Most enemy shields won't be regenerating after you've nuked them for several thousand damage and blown those shield ospreys into oblivion-ception.

That's because you're using it incorrectly. Shield Polarize is an offensive ability, not a defensive one.  Consider that it restores allies/pods shields a bonus.  When used against crowds of shielded enemies (especially corrupted/corpus that are being buffed by shield ospreys) it can be devastating, comparable even to Nova's Molecular Prime ability.  When shield polarize hits an enemy, it takes away half of that enemies' shield, and explodes in a radius around them, dealing damage equal to that amount.  Now consider if a group of enemies are all shielded together, and you have quite a spectacular chain of explosions going on.

Man...

I remember when Mag used to be a support....

The things that make me fell like drinking

Shield polarise does ungodly amounts of damage against shielded targets and their surroundings.

It is the only proper scaling damage power in the game (bar energy vamp) making it the best damage power against high level corpus and grineer.

It needs no buff.

Um, Shield Polarize is fine as it is...like a mini-M Prime in terms of destructive power.

I was nuking entire rooms of Corpus with it during the Gradivus event and is also quite viable against high level Grineer as it ragdolls its victims (should they survive), meaning precious seconds for you and your team to finish them off. Regenerating your shields is just gravy.

I think it's one of my favorite abilities for Mag honestly, get enough shield ospreys during a Void mission and you can deal a helluva lot of damage, not to mention knock everyone over. Plus you get half your shields back to flee from any enemies still standing. The only time it doesn't really come in handy is when no enemies have a shield (obviously) but I think the fact that it's a bit situational makes it balanced.

That being said, I still agree that it should be capable of overcharging your team's shields (maybe 50% max instead of 100%) so that way it has the extra benefit of allowing you to use it on your teammates preemptively when you know you're about to run into a whole lot of chaos, giving it even more synergy with your team.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

The defensive part is just an extra and as someone avobe said, you are judging the skill the wrong way. To put it short, mag's shield polarize is her best skill at end game content. I have out performed every nova I have been with in T3 because of this skill, it just never stops scaling, as nova's does, not to mention how well it combines with mprime.

Not equal to that amount, it's 250% of that amount (increased by focus) it also has AoE Knockdown.

Shield Polarize it's amazing, with a rank 7 Blind Rage + Focus it will restore 100% of your Shields and deal absurd dmg

ok so I answered without reading your post with too much attention, it was tl;dr kind of answer.

so I will now adress what you said more accurately, and to be honest, basically it is bulls***

"...this ability does is a small amount of damage to enemies (conditionally) and a slight restoration in team shields"

I registered avobe 4k to EVERYONE in T3, I dont think that is a small amount... and the only time it is conditionally is against infested, which you cant use it. Everyone else at higher leves (grineer) has shields, and corpus, well mag is better at dealing with corpus than volt himself cause if this skill.

Slight restoration of shields you say, but you can get 100% shield restore by not even maxing power strenght.

Edited by EdBazokatone

I've seen an entire T3 defense ROOM get nuked by it at about wave 15-17. INCLUDING the heavy units.

Now, it's not OP, because you need to actually have a sense of timing and as people have pointed out it only works under certain conditions. But if you use it right it makes pullspam look like a slap with tissue paper.

That said, go on, buff it, reward people who know how to use skills right :D

Edited by SolarDwagon