Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus Reborn: Dev Workshop

Marcooose

On 2022-08-28 at 4:38 PM, vixenpixel said:

I think the change on eximus is pretty cool. I have three thoughts on it though. Riven sliver drop rate should increase alittle. If you dont have a resource chance booster on the chance you are lucky to get one drop from an hour steel path grind. Maybe boost drop rate to better reflect the added stuff in iron wake shop would be a good idea. Im talking 1% higher maybe. 

Im not a fan of the 90% damage resistance aura on that one eximus unit. Id rather have it do damage. Bulletsponge isnt exactly riveting gameplay imo. 

Lastly, the complete cc immunity seems a tad overthetop. It's not unplayable but quite honestly, cc was never needed more than with the new eximus units. Perhaps add cc resistance but still give abilities a stagger effect on eximus would balance the playingfield a bit?

My only issue with the eximus units is the complete immunity to cc when they have overshield. I think the cool solution to the issue would be to make it so that cc abilities cause a stagger on the eximus instead, thus buying the player a couple of seconds to focus-fire on them. This would be in line with the goals of the update, I think. Also, this could encourage teamwork, having one player in a group focused on quick-cast cc abilities to "stunlock" an eximus unit. Whereas if you play solo, you arn't really going to have enough time to smatter the enemy with damage in the window created nor, perhaps the energy to do so. I think, to balance it, you would want to make it so that continuous cc abilities can't refresh the stagger-stunlock. Like vauban's 4 isn't going to keep staggering the enemies. Only the initial proc of it would affect the unit when they enter the vortex radius. But recasts -would- stagger-stunlock enemies since this would be a steep drain on energy and require some sortof coordination in a group. Perhaps a trinity refilling energy or dispensary would be encouraged. 

I really like the idea of making eximus units special and more powerful, I just think that the implementation of the cc immunity is, while in line with what I want from the game, a little bit overthetop. Perhaps even a little bit sloppy in it's implementation in how it ignores the abilities of the warframes. It goes a bit against the idea of playing a warframe who is supposed to be like this absolute weapon of destruction. Imagine for one second styanax in that anime short running into a couple of steel path eximus units on the way to his fight with the bad guy monster... He would never make it there in time and when he does, he is barely standing.

On the issue of survivability, I don't see the problem really. The game is still not -hard-. In fact, even after the update I was farming zariman steel path for arcanes til level 400-500 with a well built frame. Even my friend who always runs inaros because he doesn't want his pet to ever go down (because reviving it every second is such a drag) was starting to die at that point and while my warcry-tenet grigori heavy attack efficiency trinity tank build was still one-shotting or two-shotting everything including eximus units, I started to struggle too at that point. Me, on the other hand was using a vulpaphyla, I should mention. Anyway, I wasn't expecting to hit level 9999. I just wanted to get all the arcanes and running the bounty for quills ten thousand times for standing was getting obnoxious. 

My point is that it's not that hard if you know what you are doing and if you put the time and effort into preparing for it. If I made a new account, I would struggle but knowing what I know and need, I could probably prepare for it in a week or two. I think one of the issues is simply that people don't know what they can or could be doing. I have friends at legendary 2 who goes down a couple of times per mission in steel path. It's absolutely crazy. I tell them: "Brief respite, shield gating. Rolling guard. Stop dying please." Then I look at their loadouts and notice that they pressed randomize and are using mk1 unlevelled weapons they probably put formas on just before the mission... Just to up the stakes a bit.

At this point, I have builds that work for everything or specializes in some content. One of my favourite builds is the Saryn big D loadout. 276% ability strength, corrosive buff on her 1 (venom dose?), built her tanky with arcane grace (her base stats are fairly high), 3 umbral mods. She doesn't need efficiency or range so everything goes into duration and strength. It's a very selfish build. Oh, did I mention her 4 is now roar. 82% double dipping damage. And she uses the phenmor. In steel path disruption she stays far from the bombers so they don't nullify her buffs. They die in a second of that buffed incarnon spray. 50% of the damage is +2000% and since you dont build crit on it, every mod slot carries a big damage punch. Melee is probably best to use glaive for the aoe destruction. The weapon's slash procs on heavy attack destroys steel path grineer with one throw if you give it a second to tick. If you need to be tanky, cast her two (molt). Drop into void form, vazarin void sling to heal to full and 5 seconds of immunity. Plus the toxic lash buff makes corpus enemies extremely easy as well. 

Or you could play Zephyr. Her 3 is very op. Airburst rounds + sporelacer + cascadia overcharge is alot of fun in steel path. Just remember rolling guard for the moment when turbulence drops. 

But even if you don't have all this stuff, if you know the ins and outs of the game or researched where to pick up some easy but essential mods, you wouldn't struggle as much. Just remember, not all frames are cut out for all the content. I play limbo only for cache finding. Max range and max map vision. I play frost for mobile defense. Sometimes range-volt since his 4 stuns globally and the 2 makes quick travel. To me, planning for the missions and picking the right frame is alot of the fun. Sortie spy and rescue = max duration wukong with perspicacity. I never play wukong otherwise. I think he is overused, even with the bramma 1 thing devstream 163 announced a nerf for. I much more enjoy stacking equinox 4 for a big nuke (although not very effective against grineer).

Point is, if you are a "limbo main" or even a "main anything" you are doing it wrong. Or at the very least, you are missing out while struggling in hardcore mode.

Didn't read it all, but I agree that Eximus units are the only units for the last few years I would like to bother using CC and they are --immune-- to CC, while all other enemies are getting wiped on sight, so they don't need a CC.

I also think that Parazon Mercy bar would suit perfectly on the overguard - these enemies are the ones I would ever bother to kill with Mercy if it can put down that nasty aura carrier faster (and maybe even have time to do it :D). Eximus units could also fall down on their knee at 0 hp for at least a few seconds before they die like Thralls during Lich hunts.

Remove eximuses at all please. Just create new enemies.
For example, nullifier crewman is the same eximus, but he is a special one and melee nullifier from Fortuna is literally the scariest one.
Eximuses just.. bad gameplay decision.

Also now it feels like they have about 100hp, but 90000 overguard shield.
Tey are worthless anyway and their only life purpose is make you unable to see.

Archived