Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit - Index 10pt margin mission

(PSN)bsandro8866

Hey everyone!

I'm a relatively new player - been playing for almost a month now, having a blast so far, quests and bosses in particularly are quite interesting (albeit some are badly balanced for newcomers since they were designed around endgame and old players years ago).

Maybe that is the reason that the $topic mission feels so frustrating and honestly bad - I have to invest 160k credits (hefty chunk of money for me, takes me a while to stockpile that much) just to try to win the quest within a margin of 10 points that is so far was fruitless, I can't control how bots behave so even if I try to hold points and not contribute to winning my potato team just ends up losing :D

I don't know if DE gamedesigners even read that forum or process any feedback from their community department but one can hope, right? Would be great if that quest at least didn't take my hard-earned credits for _winning_, so maybe I can retry it instead of going in once every few days to fail, get frustrated and go away to gather money again :(

2 hours ago, (PSN)bsandro8866 said:

Hey everyone!

I'm a relatively new player - been playing for almost a month now, having a blast so far, quests and bosses in particularly are quite interesting (albeit some are badly balanced for newcomers since they were designed around endgame and old players years ago).

Maybe that is the reason that the $topic mission feels so frustrating and honestly bad - I have to invest 160k credits (hefty chunk of money for me, takes me a while to stockpile that much) just to try to win the quest within a margin of 10 points that is so far was fruitless, I can't control how bots behave so even if I try to hold points and not contribute to winning my potato team just ends up losing :D

I don't know if DE gamedesigners even read that forum or process any feedback from their community department but one can hope, right? Would be great if that quest at least didn't take my hard-earned credits for _winning_, so maybe I can retry it instead of going in once every few days to fail, get frustrated and go away to gather money again :(

You kind of have to take the initiative in it. Bots will indicate you where the other bots are by shooting at them... If you're the type of person that refuses to play with sound because <insert colorful delusional reason here>, that's your problem right there.

You kindly need to pick up the green things they drop, they're rather tiny but they're there to be picked up... And then take them to your, lets call it, "beacon". You and your team of bots spawn in the opponent's "base" so~, your "base" is on the opposite side...

Anyway, if you manage to do things "adequately", you can reach that 10 point margin in a single round. Just keep in mind that bots of your team are nothing more than baits that you have to use to your advantage and not to rely on as equals.

Thanks for your replies guys! I'll try some more, to be honest don't have issues with mechanics and that 10pt margin, it will take some tries I reckon but hard part is about combing by all that credits :D Had only 200k to my name and now how to gather it all over again after losing, and I'm not sure I'll do it this time either :D

@(PSN)bsandro8866

Persistence is a required trait for this game, even though its really accessible for pretty much anyone. Anything in this game takes time, some more than others.

You might want to use other means of collecting money other than just completing objectives and extracting... My suggestion for that, in case you aren't doing it already, is to use a kubrow/kavat (or similar) companion with a fully upgraded scavenger equipped. Be sure to check everything that may contain potential secret areas, as you can get something like 40k credits (no boosters) from each mission... Again, everything in this game takes time, especially finding containers & lockers to unlock them with your companion.

2 hours ago, (PSN)bsandro8866 said:

Thanks for your replies guys! I'll try some more, to be honest don't have issues with mechanics and that 10pt margin, it will take some tries I reckon but hard part is about combing by all that credits :D Had only 200k to my name and now how to gather it all over again after losing, and I'm not sure I'll do it this time either :D

Do a bunch of Index separate from the quest to build up some reserves and never worry about Credits ever again, for the rest of the game.

Some Motivation for you: there's a secret challenge, stay in Index for 1 hour (any level) and John Prodman will appear. Defeat him to get the Autographed John Prodman Poster decoration.

Hunting that challenge on a booster weekend made me something like 100mill credits.... (took many tries)

Almost a week later and I still cannot progress - credits are scarce and each unsuccessful try eats them away so fast :( I'm trying to just play as usual and do bits and parts of everything but this quest is just so badly designed I can't even have fun anymore. My inner completionist really wants to have all quests done and I still have "new war" and couple of others in line but no idea how to approach that quest without literally tens of millions of credits.

I know that DE folks are super friendly with the community, I wonder if we can somehow ask them to fix that quest, it is nothing but frustration at this point.

• 1 month later...

I quit Warframe because of this quest, came back a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to finish it in between grinding the open world content and gearing up for TNW.

I was hoping that this step in this quest was fixed. I like doing quests in order, and I've been on this one step for a long time, doing the other quests. 

Would rather do a forced stealth Rescue mission than 10 Point Margin again.

I remember this one. Here's how I got through it solo. Not sure if this still works

Gather 10 points, deposit them.
Now just keep killing the other the guys on the other team and wait out the timer. Don't pick up the index points.
Bots won't pick up them up to deposit them and will stay near you instead of roaming around the map.

As far as I know, they only behave like this on this part of the quest.

Archived