Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Liberate the Region" Bounty single-handedly makes Plains Bounties not worth playing

NovahX

"Liberate the Region" Bounty single-handedly makes Plains Bounties not worth playing.

If you're not familiar with how it plays out, here's basic explanation:

You kill everyone present to start the timer alongside with bar, which ticks down.
The goal is to prevent the bar from reaching 0% before timer runs out.
As it ticks down, enemies will spawn in objective radius,
The more enemies there are, the faster the bar ticks down.
You accomplish the bonus objective by preventing the bar going below 50%, but once it goes below, it stays failed.

And here are the problems.
-Enemy spawns and pathing are inconsistent, and they only need to be in objective zone to start speeding up the drain.
-It is very common for enemies to just spawn on unusual terrain and stay there, speeding up the drain while making it hard to find them. Enemy radar mods does not help as it doesn't work with uneven terrains.
-Very large objective radius doesn't help on the matter.
-The entire bounty and the effort for bonus reward can be rendered null by single bad spawn on the bounty.

I tried many methods to deal with this problem: from installing all the enemy radar mods there are to trying to carpet bomb, to massive area crowd control, none of the method worked.

However, this can be fixed with one very simple solution:

Greatly reduce the objective radius.

By greatly reducing the objective radius, this entire bounty can be redeemed.

With smaller objective radius, all of the problems I mentioned are dealt with.

TL;DR: "Liberate the Region" can easily ruin the bounty run with bad spawn. It can easily be fixed by greatly reducing the objective radius.

If i recall correctly these missions used to render nuke frames an almost necessity. (not a 100% must, but they were rather annoying without one)

Volt and Saryn helps, Mesa also works if you memorized where they tend to spawn, it was a long time i played bounties but iirc. f.ex. in Plains they tended to spawn in caves, were often easily noticeable because of dropships or had paths they consistently travelled in.

CC works only if you cast f.ex. Vauban's high range Bastille or Nyx's high range Chaos outside the objective area, so the units on dropships can't reach it. (they either float in the air for a brief period otherwise when no cc is affecting them anymore or they are affected and held in place, but nukes are simpler and usually more reliable)

Some things i noticed while completing bounties.

1 hour ago, NovahX said:

-Enemy spawns and pathing are inconsistent, and they only need to be in objective zone to start speeding up the drain.
-It is very common for enemies to just spawn on unusual terrain and stay there, speeding up the drain while making it hard to find them. Enemy radar mods does not help as it doesn't work with uneven terrains.
-Very large objective radius doesn't help on the matter.
-The entire bounty and the effort for bonus reward can be rendered null by single bad spawn on the bounty.

There are other issues that makes the Bounty unbearable after the Plains got remastered (April 2019):

• Tusk Firbolgs and Bolkors (enemy dropship and gunship respectively) both contribute to draining the Control Meter. This is proved by gaining back Control Meter upon destroying them.
  • Tusk Grineer on said dropships will still contribute to the drain of the Control Meter, despite doing nothing but sitting on their ships.
  • Tusk Grineer can spawn out of thin air.
2 hours ago, NovahX said:

However, this can be fixed with one very simple solution:

Along with the Liberate Bounty in the Cambion Drift, I wouldn't mind if there was a way to speed up the Bounty. Think of the Liberate Solaris Bounty in the Orb Vallis where Terra Jailers will drop Data Keys to speed up your Bounty progress. Make certain marked enemies killed to drop Data Keys that lower the timer to defend the area.

• 1 month later...

Archived