Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gyre question

Leqesai

I'm at work and can't test this at the moment but I was playing with Gyre earlier today and I am wondering something.

With her 3's passive energy generation I assume it is disabled when using channeled abilities like Gloom. Can anyone verify if this is correct or not? 

Gyre seems like a fantastic melee frame and I am wondering whether or not to add gloom for health regen or go with an alternative ability for the subsume.

55 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

With her 3's passive energy generation I assume it is disabled when using channeled abilities like Gloom. Can anyone verify if this is correct or not? 

Gloom specifically only drains energy when enemies are inside the area. Zen "Dash" works while there's no enemy in range, but not at all when there is. I'd assume it's the same for Gyre, but it's also fair to assume that the game will just choose to not be consistent.

2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Gloom specifically only drains energy when enemies are inside the area. Zen "Dash" works while there's no enemy in range, but not at all when there is. I'd assume it's the same for Gyre, but it's also fair to assume that the game will just choose to not be consistent.

Good point. The game being inconsistent is actually the reason why I asked, so it looks like we're on the same page.

I wasn't aware Gloom allowed regen while not affecting enemies.

Archived