Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zariman Exterminate Backspawning after Hotfix 7

PhiZero

I've played through well over 100 Zariman exterminate missions, all of them before Hotfix 7 on NSW; which, before would almost never spawn enemies behind me or in previously explored rooms.

Starting with Hotfix 7,

4/5 of my Zariman Exterminate runs have had not just one enemy respawn in previous rooms, but entire groups of at least 10.

2/5 of those Zariman Exterminates had all 140 enemies continously spawn in the first two tiles, preventing exploration further into the Zariman.

In practice, it does feel nice to be able to finish the objective with minimal traversal, but this is counter intuitive to plume farming.

I can usually find 9/10 dormant Angels along the path while mowing through the mission pre-hotfix 7. With the 2 instances of the entire mission being in 2 tiles, it took a good 10 minutes each for me to check every single door for the correct path, and despite that was only able to find 1/2 Dormant Angels; as I cut my losses when the search dragged on to longer than 10 minutes.

Edit: Similar weirdness has happened with Exterminate Spawning logic on Adaro Sedna, where starting in Hotfix 6 there were instances of enemies spawning in 10 meters away from my frame, spawning one at a time.

Edit 2: So far 7/10 missions failed to spawn enemies past the first two tiles, including a bounty for exterminate. Got enough plumes to unlock the Vista Suite tomorrow, so I'm just going to stop playing Zariman Ext until the bug is fixed or resolves itself.

Agreed, quicker bounties are usually superior, but it's up to chance.

Having regular Zariman Ext without a bounty is perfect for scenarios like that.

Depending on how many Plumes I've stocked, I just do two options, both of which include Zariman Ext:

1 - No fast bounties > Do 5 pinion runs > Void Cascade focus farm > Check for fast bounties > repeat

2 - No fast bounties > Do pinions runs until bounty reset > check for fast bounties > repeat

Though I never got tired of Plume farming since launch, and I'm only going to be doing more of them for decorations starting tomorrow.

7 hours ago, PhiZero said:

Having regular Void Ext without a bounty is perfect for scenarios like that.

Wait, are you talking about Void Exterminate (Teshub/Oxomoco) at all? That's what I thought you meant because you keep saying "void". But you are talking about Zariman...? And you said Adaro Sedna also had problems...?

Could you specifically say which missions you're seeing this spawning issue happening on?

34 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Wait, are you talking about Void Exterminate (Teshub/Oxomoco) at all? That's what I thought you meant because you keep saying "void". But you are talking about Zariman...? And you said Adaro Sedna also had problems...?

Could you specifically say which missions you're seeing this spawning issue happening on?

Whoops, my brain just automatically attached "void" onto exterminate from the Zariman naming convention, it should be Zariman Exterminate/Halako Perimeter. Going back and editing it now.

And yes, some spawn weirdness has been going on in Adaro Sedna on three occasions.

Thanks for catching that flub!

Archived