The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player Since U9

Mir.

Don't really remember, but after i enjoyed killing masses with Nova i got bored of the game and left due to the repeatedly RNG farm.

Everything looks different now, what are the things that changed and what are the additions?

Update 11 is coming out soon with a bunch of content, and armor 2.0 which will completely rework the damage system. In the mean time, play through the update 10 content. 

Some things to note is the mod sorting system is much better now any you can have multiple loadouts for each warframe and weapon. Boss drops are now 100% and randomly given at the end of the level, so less grind. And lots more, so read the notes like the post above me suggested. 

Better UI, way easier warframe farming(really, you can get them all in an hour or two), void and delerict missions added, several bug fixes, nekross, less loot-credits.

Also soma and vectis two new weapons that are way better than their dojo counterpart. Also galatine is a new sword which is as good as orthos.

That should be it.

Edited by Agua

Some things to note is the mod sorting system is much better now any you can have multiple loadouts for each warframe and weapon. Boss drops are now 100% and randomly given at the end of the level, so less grind. And lots more, so read the notes like the post above me suggested. 

THANK GOD.

It's essentially the same game, just with a prettier UI and some easier boss drops. I've been playing since U6, stopped at U8, came back since 9 and I've been playing today, but mainly the game is still a grind with no backstory, no investment in the characters or overarching plot, heavily tier-based weapons, samey Frames, and a lot of people who are in a hurry to skip content and finish a level.

The Orokin Derelicts were added, which I love, but their addition is tangential at best. You can find special "nav coordinates" to fight a huge boss that drops new WF parts and DE moved all the Mutagen Samples (key components in researching Dojo Infested weapons) to the Derelicts. They also added things called Vaults which if you have a lot of friends you can plunder and find a new mod.

Lot of polish has been added. Reloading weapons feels visceral and realistic; the new sounds are killer, too. Love that Vasto. And the new weapons are neat as well. Enemies sound better, have slightly better AI, and provide a different experience. A new planetoid to play on, Phobos, is unique in that it's a grineer outdoors level, and the boss is cool in that it's actually two returning bosses you must fight simultaneously.

In all I feel that the game suffers from a potentially short-term lifespan, given that for new players the grind is almost inaccessible and to the veterans the grind is like torture. Most likely, DE is relying on the microtransactions in the Plat market to make a buck since the game's still free, so they don't have to worry about too much longevity. They want new players to come in, see cool things, and buy them a bit at a time, whereas veterans will probably have learned their lesson and stop shortly. The Warframe and weapon balancing is minor; certain Frames and weapons are strictly outclassed by other, newer versions with fancier abilities and better stats.

I'm not here to beat on the game nor am I here to praise it to the moon; it deserves neither. I just want to give a no-BS, basic overview of where the game stands now as I see it. Whether or not the OP believes this is up to them, but they asked for the changes and additions, and so I want to help. I think this game is severely overrated as it stands and needs a lot more substance beyond shooting and not being shot in chaotic, bad framerate defense missions where so many enemies, powers, and bullets are going off that you can't make heads or tails of it all, so you keep hitting "4." This is your endgame, and gamers deserve better than this. DE should WANT more than this.

And that's the true nature of Warframe as it stands now. We shall see what U11 and Armor 2.0 brings, but changing how damage is dealt will not fix the major issues the game still has. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate the run down.

Played for half a day, I tried to farm nekros but 0 golem cords so far.

Nekros seems like a supportive warframe and i love playing supportive types such as Nyx/Trinity. Is it worth throwing plat at it? Or should i keep up with the RNG farm?

Nekros seems like a supportive warframe and i love playing supportive types such as Nyx/Trinity. Is it worth throwing plat at it? Or should i keep up with the RNG farm?

I wouldn't plat Nekros, unless plat is not a concern. I expected more from a Necromancer, but that's just me. I only see him as some extra 6,000 mastery points.

Golem navs are found in the Derelict. Telling you this just to be sure. Also, navs are only found in lockers and containers (enemies don't drop them), so when you're in the Derelict, make sure you explore thoroughly and break all containers/open all lockers you find. I find Soloing to search Golem navs much easier unless you can find a good team willing to do it with you.

An alternative way to quickly get to farming Nekros would be to ask for a taxi towards the Derelict Assassination mission. I often see people hosting ODA in the recruiting chat section in-game.

With good luck you can get Nekros' parts in only a few runs. It took me only 4 runs, while some others can take longer, but the 100% drop rate at the end of mission for bosses now is quite encouraging.

Edited by Casardis