Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum Void still a frustrating painful farm

pook-pook

We've done well over a dozen runs now, starting at the top tier: we have solid Xoris builds and wipe out the specters as quickly as we see them, so it goes pretty fast but:

- even on the capture node, sometimes it switches to exterminate, slowing it down, ugh

- even constantly killing specters, we have had 2 runs that have failed because we didn't get enough time extension pyramids - the time in mission was basically the same, the kill count basically the same, but we went great stretches with no time extension

- we still have zero Protea parts

So many #$%^#@$% mortuus shoulder guards 😣

Why the $%^#$% is the drop rate 11%, over three different mission types. So ridiculous, so frustrating, so badly designed (time extension failures out of our control).

1 hour ago, (NSW)nin-pook said:

- even constantly killing specters, we have had 2 runs that have failed because we didn't get enough time extension pyramids - the time in mission was basically the same, the kill count basically the same, but we went great stretches with no time extension

Did you also free Solaris captives? They give a serious time bonus.

I use on call crew member so he kills specters while I use my xoris charging it up and freeing Solaris captives. 

You charge Xoris by doing heavy attack on specters do it three times and it's charged then do heavy attack on Solaris captive to free them. 

But getting Protea parts can be a pain I was going to farm second Protea for helminth but it gets frustrating. might just wait until Prime releases. 

I do not know if scales hard for groups. But doing it solo or duo with Volt(speed buff quite good) and xoris was not a problem for me. And I have seen Mesa making it trivial. I am pretty stacked on mods etc though. It is not like I never failed, just not enough for it to become frustrating.

So either wait until you have farmed more or if you already have everything then you need to practice more if failing affects you that much.

Sorry if it has become harder after zariman patch, I have not done Granum void in several months.

Going from what you are saying I guess I was lucky when I farmed it. I farmed the weapons as well though.

8 hours ago, (NSW)nin-pook said:

Have you tried Freeing the Solaris United Captives ?

1 minute ago, Frendh said:

I do not know if scales hard for groups.

It Does... The kill Requirements in increases by 25 Per Additional Player but the game does NOT spawn more Spectres to compensate despite the fact that you can kill them faster than the game can even Spawn Them when you're alone....

All the game does is Spread them out making Them harder to charge your Xoris.....

I wasn't aware the captives added so much more to the timer, I'll make sure we do those.

We don't have RJ XP to spend on on-call crew yet.

I farmed Protea once on my PC account when she first launched (back when you had to run the timer down, so you had to tell squaddies to stop extending the timer), that went quite quickly, no idea what changed.

I've since tried to farm a second for Helminth and with a PC playing friend. He quit the game after failing to get the parts. At least they fixed that buggy spawn where 1/4 runs would auto-frustrate because of the deactivated hands :-P

I'm now trying to farm Protea on Switch with another friend. We haven't got a single part yet.

LOL, OK. So we went in to do it again with the knowledge that the captives gave us extra time. Yep, 20 seconds per.

Made sure we were still nuking the specters.

We got so few extra time drops we still failed.

We give up.

The RNG is just so goddamn frustrating in this farm. First there's the chance to fail the mission because of terrible RNG mechanics, then an 11% chance to even get the part.

Times 3.

😖

[we then went on to farm Mesa, since we'd gotten enough coords to do it 5 times, got all the parts we needed in 5 runs]

4 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

This frustration will make it ever so much sweeter once you do get that last part. 

Is what I tell myself to not smash the keyboard through my window. 

I would like to get even just the first part :(
[we did another couple of runs tonight, nothing - at least the stupid time extension RNG didn't screw us over]

Archived