Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Cascade, secondaries objectives as a whole, game length, time spent

Zrima

Right now, I'm trying to get Gyre's BP, and I'm getting quite angry at the secondary objectives, often way too hard, way too long, or just plain impossible. I wanted to write my feedback about one of the exemples of the latter I had yesterday.

Have you ever played Excavation with a newbie? We all know what you should do in Excavation : activate an excavator, protect it, feed it power cells. Only splitting the party if you're absolutely sure you can defend more than one at a time. Because when an Excavator explodes, whether from a succesful or a failed defense, the game will get harder.

But what does a newbie do? As soon as a marker appears for a new excavator, he goes 'oooh shiny!' and he runs to activate it. Same problem in survival, you know how it is.

Point is, Void Cascade:

You get an excavator to feed, the energy gain is from each enemy but is abysmally low except for thraxes. For some reason only close enemy slain grant energy, but why would they get close? They have rifles, and plenty of cover.

And you have an invisible newbie.

You have to take care of several excavators actually, and as time passes, the newbie gets restless and activates more and more. Sounds infuriating? It is.

And that's just the normal way a void cascade goes. Now, on top of this, you get objectives like "9 exolizers, and ignore half the bar, because once it reaches 50% you fail, lol". 9 exolizers is a LOT of time. And there's plenty of possibilities to fail.

And what do you have a lot of chance to get for your efforts? A lens. That's not respecting your time and efforts.

On that note, can we get those possible bp rewards for a lot of plumes? I'm ready to spend a lot of plumes, and play your game to get them, spend time in your game.

Because that's another thing, the Zariman's bounties, at high level, offers you plenty of way to fail as I said. You get nothing when you fail, that's how Warframe is designed, and it's not bad most of the time. But in the Zariman, failure comes after quite a while in a mission. That's a terrible game experience, you worked hard for nothing.

You don't have to camp the Exos. They are there on a timer you cannot reduce and it can extend if rogue Thraxie will grab it. Killing enemies reduce the Cascade gauge.

The whole difficulty is to balance keeping Thrax away from already purged Exos and activating new ones, as gauge goes up if there are more posseses than purged exos. While this gamemode can be terrible at times, it still is better than Armageddon. 

yeah, you don't have to murder Enemies within each zone, that's just a bonus. if you look at the Gamemode specific bar, you'll see dots at the ends of each bar, representing how many thingamajigs are currently present in your favorable state versus the non favorable one. having more of them in your favorable state inherently trickles the Bar in your favor. slowly, but it does so.

so as new thingamajigs Spawn in, and if Thrax convert any existing ones, that puts the Ratio less in your favor.

Archived