Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I LOVE the new self-extract option of zariman, please make it everywhere+improve

HunterDigi

This is where the game should be heading, everyone has their own agenda in missions, some wanna go as fast as possible, some just wanna stick around and explore or do whatever sort of thing they want there, we don't have to all extract at the same time, we got our own individual ships!

Great job so far with the self-extract, from what I could tell it works great (I did notice the little hack used to teleport all players to your elevator without them being actually teleported there on their end, was a bit worrying, maybe make'em invisible too).

There's a few kinks that need addressing:

1. All other missions needs the same love! (few exceptions like fissures where leaving means opening the relic)

You could simply hold USE while in extraction zone, no need for any map modifications.

2. People waiting in extraction zone for extraction timer to run down forces everyone to leave aswell, it should just extract them alone as if they used the extract button from the elevator.

(This is especially annoying because some people refuse to listen that the elevator has a way to safely extract them for various reasons, even when other people did it before them).

3. Host doing this self-extract is risky for everyone else, I don't know if it changed but in the past I had bad experiences with failing to connect to new host and then being kicked to main menu, that is just horrible.

It should migrate me to solo if it cannot connect to new host, why is it my problem that the game picked someone who I have no peering with.

And the important part about this is we need a statement from DE to reassure people that migration is safer with this thing, it might've even happened already and I missed it even though I read a lot of the changelogs already.

4. Option for migrate to solo just like in open world's top-left -> leave squad, easy avoiding of a lot of stress caused by griefing or other stuff.

5. Provide in-game hints to player on what their options are for extraction, it becomes a chore to inform people of such things on every single mission.

41 minutes ago, HunterDigi said:

2. People waiting in extraction zone for extraction timer to run down forces everyone to leave aswell, it should just extract them alone as if they used the extract button from the elevator.

(This is especially annoying because some people refuse to listen that the elevator has a way to safely extract them for various reasons, even when other people did it before them).

This is the biggest issue left to fix.

Someone will comment next that 'sometimes you need to be forced extracted, because you're glitched'

but glitches are an exception, and DE needs to fix them directly

a "leave squad" option in the menu, just like open worlds would address it.

18 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

4. Option for migrate to solo just like in open world's top-left -> leave squad, easy avoiding of a lot of stress caused by griefing or other stuff.

These are necessary changes DE.

Leaving things the way it is now? That allows players to grief. That's not good.

Self extract has been fun, but it's also a big pain in the a--

I was running a mission, literally said "don't host migrate plz" and instantly got a host migrate as if in response.

Either some people are daft and don't understand that host self-extracting forces a host migration... or it's griefing.

The best answer to this is one of the following:

1) Disable host self extraction.

2) Change host self extraction to full 1 minute countdown extraction. They can still self extract but gives players a chance to catch up

3) When a host interacts with the extract terminal: give a pop-up informing they'd be forcing a host migration on their team.

On 2022-06-20 at 11:56 AM, HunterDigi said:

5. Provide in-game hints to player on what their options are for extraction, it becomes a chore to inform people of such things on every single mission.

This is a great idea, too. I hate having to experiment with various extraction options (while risking losing my loot) to speed up the grind. Like in open world maps I used to always wait at extraction for the team, but now I just Leave game -> Cetus and believe I keep my loot.

Honestly for open world maps, after a bounty is complete, the Leave Game button should just convert to an "Extract(Leave Game)" button. It should also bring up a pop up window confirming loot, like a Results screen, PRIOR to confirming extracting. Or instead of showing the exact loot, it could show Time stamps of when progress was saved. 

I think its awful because speed frames just beeline to the exit and insta host migration. Then the next guy does it. Like really? You can't even be bothered to wait 10 to 20 seconds for everyone to catch up when you are host? Do some Zariman bounties and some rounds of ESO to forma your incarnon weapons and you spend a third of your play time in a loading screen. It also screws people who want to stay because when you load back in, your combo counter has reset and and all your cooldowns too.  With 3x thraxes on top of you. Fun times.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another useful place for self-extract, steel path + incursions ! Some people want to wait for acolyte, some don't, it'd be great if people that don't aren't forced to wait for it too or people that do aren't forced to extract.

On 2022-06-26 at 3:06 PM, Lolacrayola said:

It also screws people who want to stay because when you load back in, your combo counter has reset and and all your cooldowns too.  With 3x thraxes on top of you. Fun times.

Not to mention any mission related meters or health bars is most likely be far lower than before host migration, or if not, seeing "mission failed" upon loading back in (provided host migration doesn't break).

On 2022-06-20 at 7:56 PM, HunterDigi said:

And the important part about this is we need a statement from DE to reassure people that migration is safer with this thing, it might've even happened already and I missed it even though I read a lot of the changelogs already.

Well they didn't fix anything so I didn't miss any change notes on this.

Finally happend, someone self-extracted without even waiting a second, as host, and then the other player got picked, 400ms ping, waited SEVERAL MINUTES in loading time for it to eventually: 

O6EeUEU.png

This message needs to die in a fire, it should NEVER happen, it needs to place me solo in the mission instead of this BS.

This self extract feature is not at fault, it just makes it more often, so it's time to fix the migration to never kick you to menu.

And, on another topic, with the weekend resource buffs one would've assumed people at least considered waiting for acolytes in the slightly longer SP missions... like in hijack, we were at 4:30 mission timer and they just didn't GAF and pushed the payload to end it, wouldn't it been nice to have the option to leave that squad behind? I couldn't just abort because a riven sliver also dropped... so yeah, the annoyances of coop would be significantly reduced if we weren't forced by other players to end the mission.

Archived