Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL needed for enemy codex scans.

Alpha56

Trying to complete the enemy codex require an incredible amount of time (hundreds of hours i would say), and some QoL would be welcome.
Sometimes you will need to complete a whole bountie to complete only one scan at the end, because your Cross-Matrix Widget will not "proc", and this can be if you are lucky.
Sometimes it will not spawn at all.
This is just an example of the difficulty of achievement that we are encountering.

Few solutions might help:

Cephalon Simaris standing:

Let us spend Cephalon Simaris standing to buy some random (or not) scans on unfinished codex scanning targets.
It would work only on targets that were scanned once at minimum.
The random or not could go from totally random to selected faction to the identified enemy (scanned once at minimum).    

Improve Cross-Matrix Widget:

Since it require a lot more effort to equip and scan manually with the synthesis scanner compared to just equip helios sentinel with the auto scan.
Cross-Matrix Widget: Chance for each scan with the Synthesis Scanner to count as two scans. (45% chance)
Change 45% to 100% chance.

Railjack problem :

While archmelee mod Astral Autopsy might help in some case, it was created a long time before the introduction of railjack and we need a better solution.
It could be a railjack mod which would let us playing the mission with our railjack and not be forced to play with our archwing and in solo mode because in team there are chances that the railjack powers will destroy your scanning target before you have the time to scan it.
The best solution would be to create a new widjet in Cephalon Simaris that let the railjack make some auto-scan.

Waiting for your replies, and suggestions.

2 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

Cephalon Simaris standing:

Let us spend Cephalon Simaris standing to buy some random (or not) scans on unfinished codex scanning targets.
It would work only on targets that were scanned once at minimum.
The random or not could go from totally random to selected faction to the identified enemy (scanned once at minimum).    

I don't know if this is entirely necessary if they fix some enemies requiring way too specific mission conditions to spawn or just being broken, unreliable, or just straight up impossible due to removed, retired, or unspawnable entries. The biggest problem with the Codex isn't even the tedium, but the neglect towards it and the countless anti-completionist problems with it.

Improve Cross-Matrix Widget:

Since it require a lot more effort to equip and scan manually with the synthesis scanner compared to just equip helios sentinel with the auto scan.
Cross-Matrix Widget: Chance for each scan with the Synthesis Scanner to count as two scans. (45% chance)
Change 45% to 100% chance.

I think this is very fair. I would say make it 100% chance and remove Eclipse's ability to increase your scan speed/fire rate.

Railjack problem :

While archmelee mod Astral Autopsy might help in some case, it was created a long time before the introduction of railjack and we need a better solution.
It could be a railjack mod which would let us playing the mission with our railjack and not be forced to play with our archwing and in solo mode because in team there are chances that the railjack powers will destroy your scanning target before you have the time to scan it.
The best solution would be to create a new widjet in Cephalon Simaris that let the railjack make some auto-scan.

This has been suggested already for years now:

On 2022-06-22 at 9:31 AM, Voltage said:

I don't know if this is entirely necessary if they fix some enemies requiring way too specific mission conditions to spawn or just being broken, unreliable, or just straight up impossible due to removed, retired, or unspawnable entries. The biggest problem with the Codex isn't even the tedium, but the neglect towards it and the countless anti-completionist problems with it.

dead right!!, we dont really mind spend tons of hours scanning stuff but it would be nice if DE actually spent a few days addressing the codex missing / unscanable enemies .. man how long has this been going on now, years .. I sort of wonder why DE never spend a minute addressing codex issues, they sure spent time removing those hard Kuva Scans from us..(grumbling goes here) but I have them all back now except the Bailiff Exi which I havent gotten around to doing again, but its my next re-scan..

Anyway why cant DE select a few players who are scan completionists to run the codex entries database input.. cant be that hard can it?  its not programming its just data isnt it?  

Archived