Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deacons now have a much larger view cone than they should in New War

Malaki_7

In the Stolen Plates mission of the New War quest, when you are required to sneak past the Deacons in the Corpus Base, the range they can see is now much further than it should be. 

When the quest released, the range that they would spot you at used to be the same as the visual indicator in front of them, now it is nearly twice that, making the section much harder for new players.

There are certain sections where now, if you don't run past them fast enough, you will die because you will always get spotted, whereas before they couldn't see you from that far away, and the level worked as designed. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-07-10 at 1:34 PM, Malaki_7 said:

When the quest released, the range that they would spot you at used to be the same as the visual indicator in front of them, now it is nearly twice that, making the section much harder for new players.

Is this still going on? I was about to take a year or two off until I had someone in my life who could do that for me because there's no scenario where I get through that quest as it is right now. That's an anxiety feedback loop I played Warframe to avoid.

• Like 1

On 2022-07-30 at 1:59 AM, FreeWilliam said:

Is this still going on? I was about to take a year or two off until I had someone in my life who could do that for me because there's no scenario where I get through that quest as it is right now. That's an anxiety feedback loop I played Warframe to avoid.

The bug is not fixed yet, if you are stuck look up someone's playthrough from more recently. There is one segment where you will need to run or you will always get killed (when you are going onto the pipe). 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To provide some more useful information. Here is a clip of how the quest is supposed to work:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxlMSB31Dh4z1SjF4f4nXEORQx9gWIz6p6

And here is a clip of what happens now:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxCfreInOWqIvJwAk5fsf6WP-KJpGxd6mv

This super extended view range does not match their view area VFX in the slightest, and makes it significantly harder to complete this section of the quest in some cases. This issue is fixed in other places where deacons show up like in Veilbreaker missions, but in the quest their view range is much higher than it is supposed to be. 

This bug occurs on all platforms, and is reproducible every time that section of the quest is played. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

After finding Warframe & really enjoying it, getting stuck at this point in the game sucked. The sight line of these deacons is now as close to infinite to not matter inside a room. They see you through some boxes. And you’re stuck here until you get past this part of the game, unable to play the rest of the game.

Hopefully they come to their senses and fix this.

I still don’t know how I got past it.

Edited by LemonadeJoey

• 2 months later...