Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Permanent Choices in the missions

Kinuzumaru

Hi,

I was told by the support to come here in order to give my thoughts as it was the best way to share my opinion with the others about it, so here I come I suppose? Please note that what I'm about to say is my own experience and in no way something done in order to bash on the devs, so I'll try to be constructive despite this post being my first one.

So as the title indicates, my subject is about the choices you make that are permanent. Just as I find it very logical for multiple reasons like preventing players changing their choices in the future if they decide to include the alignement system more into the game (just an example amongst others), I find it also a bit a pity to not be able to change choices that significantly apply changes to the game with no way to reverse it at all. What I am talking about is mostly about the final choice at the end of The New War quest, where you have to

Spoiler

make a choice between three names, Natah, Lotus and Margulis. Depending on that choice, the name of our beloved mother-like figure is forever changed.

Unfortunately, there are sometimes bugs happening, just like what happened to me as I selected my name, it selected another and before I had the time to cancel, the choice had already been confirmed. When such a thing happen, it normally shouldn't be that impactful, but for some who particularly have an interest in the lore, it might have a much more impact on them.

As much as I understand where they're coming from, I really have a sour taste in my mouth when I see her talking to me because of this, depriving me a bit of my fun to play the game.

Now, ranting without offering any solution is not really a good thing to do in my opinion, so allow me first to apologize for this little rant as I think it was necessary to explain my thought process. I would like now to analyze what are the solutions offered by the game and support itself before trying to offer some options to this problem. It doesn't mean these are good solution, it only means to be paths to look into.

/!\SPOILERS THE NEW WAR QUEST AHEAD/!\

- First, redoing the quest in itself should be the first thing to do, to confirm if it is indeed permanent. For this example, I'll take The New War quest due to my experience with it. I can confirm the choices are permanent, be it the choice with Drifter/Operator or Final decision about Natah, Margulis and The Lotus.

- Contacting the support should be the second step, in order to see if there is any solution to the problem. In my case, it was told to me the choices were first permanent, but that there would be a way to redo the quest in the future (First Support Request in January 2022). As of this week, I can confirm after recontacting the support that the choices you make about the New War quest are completely permanent and irreversible.

So what are our actual solutions right as of now?

1) Continuing to play the game, despite being saddened about it, or any other negative emotions that may ensue.

2) Starting a new account, with a new name and a complete reset.

The conclusion being that both choices are less than favorable for a good gameplay experience in general.

I think there could be some solutions to this problem. Some are unrealistic, but still possible while others are probably more plausible and logical.

1) Allowing a rollback of the account in order to allow a person to redo the quest. This would certainly solve it, but would be very demanding for the support team, which is not good. This could also cause problems with progress made, platinums and mods acquired. I'd offer to give a disclaimer the players might lose mods/plats/warframes etc. and with a garantee they would not get back any spent platinums in order to prevent abuse.

2) Allowing a reset of the quest to the player, making it like he never did it in the first place to make it possible to do it again. This could be done by either the player or support, which is the better I cannot say without subjectivity coating my words.

3) Allowing to change the choices in game via platinums or even only with money. From the ideas I offered, this would be the most efficent one, despite being probably a hell to code it in the game.

These were he problems I encountered and the way I analyzed it, along side the ways I see this issue could be corrected. I invite you to give your thoughts on the subject, either you agree or not is okay, but if you are in disagreement with something I said, I invite you to tell me what you disagree with and explain to me why you disagree. Just note, however, that as stated above, I do not think I hold the perfect answers. These are only the ways I thought to help change the currents state for permanent choices in case of error or people regretting their choices later on, so no need to simply tell me "I think your idea is S#&$ and stupid" as chances are I'd agree with you anyways. Instead, please be welcome to offer a better option.

Finally, sorry for that book. It's my first post here and tried to make it as clear, objective and descriptive as possible in the sole goal to offer the devs a way to help some of the players stuck between losing their fun due to their choice and enjoying the game by solving said choice.

3 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

even if they only affect your account with no effects other than gameplay visuals, its weird how you can't change any of these

also if you didn't pick lotus for new war and you have a lotus skin on her does the transmission name say lotus or whoever you picked?

whoever you picked.

1 hour ago, gamingchair1121 said:

realistically, shouldn't it be the skin you have on rather than who you picked because you can't change the name?

No it uses the name you pick as you can buy all the other skins and swap between them by interacting with the helmet in the personal quarters

Archived