Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name a worse ability than this

-Moctezuma-

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’ve used Revenant. And he’s not as good as you claim he is. He’s been trash since he first released. And every update just introduces more things that keep making him irrelevant.

Have you done a full revenant build with 300% or more strength? More strength means Mesmer skin lasts longer and is needed to make reave do 100% HP drain from thralls.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Also what did I say other frames do more effectively? Dps? (Well yeah any frame who can AoE nuke could put dps revenant in terms of killing crowds quickly, but revenant can still scale infinitely in terms of individual damage to an enemy). Cc? Revenant actually is pretty good at that and you can just subsume more cc over his 4. Survivability? Literally the best, nobody will compare.

So Revenant can cc, and tank while also being able to one shot some enemies. Definitely far from the worst.

What good is infinite scaling damage if you’re not doing 24 hour endurance runs?

the big AOE DPS abilities scale well into 3-4 hour endurance missions. That’s more than reasonable.

And now you’re saying to just use helminth to patch him up. Which regardless of the frame is an awful argument as helminth should never be used as an excuse for a frame being lackluster.

Cant you just add to your first comment instead of making 5 different replies?

What good is infinite scaling damage if you’re not doing 24 hour endurance runs?

the big AOE DPS abilities scale well into 3-4 hour endurance missions. That’s more than reasonable.

And now you’re saying to just use helminth to patch him up. Which regardless of the frame is an awful argument as helminth should never be used as an excuse for a frame being lackluster.

Last time I did that you skipped the part where I asked if you used revenant on a high pwr strength build, also you literally just said yourself, revenant can scale past several hours. He has infinite scaling offense and infinitely scaling defense, so what point is it to use anyone else? As you said, AoE can scale for several hours anyways and lower level missions are dominated by speed frames instead of stronger ones for this reason.

Because you put like 20 other replies around it.

Revenant only need 200% strength to get the one shot with Reave. You can also use viral procs to increase its health drain.

Higher pwr strength = more Mesmer skin making it last longer, don't tell me you went low strength and now you are confused why it runs out so quickly.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And not all content requires hours to get hard. If I went to hunt a toxin lich with a Bramma, I would bring revenant, because he has 1 shot protection. If I'm running a high level disruption mission (which scales really quickly), I'm going to bring revenant so I can survive more easily against the level 2000+ enemies. If I'm going to run some infested missions, I'm going to run Revenant because everyone else can get one shot. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

And not all content requires hours to get hard. If I went to hunt a toxin lich with a Bramma, I would bring revenant, because he has 1 shot protection. If I'm running a high level disruption mission (which scales really quickly), I'm going to bring revenant so I can survive more easily against the level 2000+ enemies. If I'm going to run some infested missions, I'm going to run Revenant because everyone else can get one shot. 

There is no content that’s lvl 2000+.

Liches aren’t that hard. If you think you need Revenant for them you probably just need to get better the game.

You’re trying to argue that infested missions are somehow hard. Dude they’re the easiest faction to fight.

I’ve played Revenant with 500% power strength from Arbitrations. I stand by my claim that Mesmer Skin is one of the worst tank abilities in existence. Your argument of “oh just CC the enemies so they can’t deplete Mesmer Skin” just speaks volumes on how bad it is.

1 hour ago, -Moctezuma- said:

I don't care if he is a mix between Vampire and Eidolon, we are talking about abilities, not "themes" lol

Well unfortunately for you I see no reason to argue with someone you won’t back up their disagreement on how the vampire theme makes no sense on Revenant. I know it was on a completely different post but IDC. Defend it or I have no reason to see you as a credible person to argue with.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well unfortunately for you I see no reason to argue with someone you won’t back up their disagreement on how the vampire theme makes no sense on Revenant.

I do not care if Revenant  "theme" makes no sense, i don't care if hes a cat, vampire, fish warframe

I am talking about the abilities, they are GOOD abilities, regardless if the theme of the frame is weird or not fitting for him, his abilities are good noneless

i am not here to talk about the themes of the warframe, that's another topic

3 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Liches aren’t that hard. If you think you need Revenant for them you probably just need to get better the game.

You’re trying to argue that infested missions are somehow hard. Dude they’re the easiest faction to fight.

I’ve played Revenant with 500% power strength from Arbitrations. I stand by my claim that Mesmer Skin is one of the worst tank abilities in existence. Your argument of “oh just CC the enemies so they can’t deplete Mesmer Skin” just speaks volumes on how bad it is.

Your argument is also flawed because in arbitrations, the enemies don't get stunned by shooting you because of the drones, in normal missions every enemy gets stunned from shooting you and you can thrall up to 7 of them. In fact, I never heard about having to thrall them until overguard was added, to keep the EXIMUS from continually shooting your Mesmer skin. Most normal enemies you can kill while they are stunned and therefore, your Mesmer skin can't break unless you encounter a group of enemies large enough to shoot you 20 times at once (and as already said, revenant has no trouble refreshing Mesmer skin).

Also infested is hard when they are high enough to where their toxin clouds 1 shot through shields and I specifically said toxin kuva liches who can also one shot at level 4-5 through shields.

And btw, if you do disruption it only takes a couple hours to hit levelcap, that's why almost every levelcap video you can find on yt is in disruption.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

So I was looking at revenant on YouTube, and not only does everyone who uses him for high level content think he is REALLY good (because as I said he is very tanky), but there was something else that came to my attention: if you use nyx mind control on a thrall, you get an unkillable thrall that will continue to make more thralls, meaning you can continually kill the thralls because they automatically replace themselves making his 1 and 3 much more useful in multiplayer and allowing reave to be continually spammed for Mesmer skin charges (especially if the enemy in question uses AoE).

And before you say that helminth = bad frame design, the whole point of helminth is to allow for frames to have different playstyles.

If all the thralls were unkillable, reave would be almost impossible to use in anything outside of steel path, and even in steel path half of the enemies would be unkillable making enthrall very annoying in something like survival and turning revenant into limbo 2.0, but because people like you WANT unkillable thralls, you can use helminth to fix that for yourself without having to use a mod slot for an augument.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

So I was looking at revenant on YouTube, and not only does everyone who uses him for high level content think he is REALLY good (because as I said he is very tanky), but there was something else that came to my attention: if you use nyx mind control on a thrall, you get an unkillable thrall that will continue to make more thralls, meaning you can continually kill the thralls because they automatically replace themselves making his 1 and 3 much more useful in multiplayer and allowing reave to be continually spammed for Mesmer skin charges (especially if the enemy in question uses AoE).

And before you say that helminth = bad frame design, the whole point of helminth is to allow for frames to have different playstyles.

If all the thralls were unkillable, reave would be almost impossible to use in anything outside of steel path, and even in steel path half of the enemies would be unkillable making enthrall very annoying in something like survival and turning revenant into limbo 2.0, but because people like you WANT unkillable thralls, you can use helminth to fix that for yourself without having to use a mod slot for an augument.

Ok dude I’m done. I’m sick of getting 3 walls of text from you despite me winning this argument already.

14 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

I do not care if Revenant  "theme" makes no sense, i don't care if hes a cat, vampire, fish warframe

I am talking about the abilities, they are GOOD abilities, regardless if the theme of the frame is weird or not fitting for him, his abilities are good noneless

i am not here to talk about the themes of the warframe, that's another topic

Except they’re not good abilities. You literally take away their synergies and Revenants one of the worst frames in the game. And considering all his synergies are tied to an ability that does not exist in public squads. Revenants literally no better than when he was first released without all those synergies.

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok dude I’m done. I’m sick of getting 3 walls of text from you despite me winning this argument already.

You say revenant is bad, but your proof is you using him in the gamemode he's bad at..

And did you even notice I tried to compromise by showing you that you can make an immortal thrall generator.

Like you DO know that having 7 immortal thralls would be bad for both revenant and his teammates right? What if revenant needed thralls in another location? What about the fact that he's essentially removing half the enemies of most mission types? Even if Reave still affected them it would be the same problem that people have with limbo.

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Except they’re not good abilities. You literally take away their synergies and Revenants one of the worst frames in the game. And considering all his synergies are tied to an ability that does not exist in public squads. Revenants literally no better than when he was first released without all those synergies.

If I had gauss without synergies or Harrow without synergies or any other frame without synergies they would be much worse, so saying only revenant is bad without synergies makes no sense.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

If I had gauss without synergies or Harrow without synergies or any other frame without synergies they would be much worse, so saying only revenant is bad without synergies makes no sense.

ever since 2019 i've been trying to argue with gearsmatrix about revenant not being bad, back on my xbox account.

and here we are 3 years later, i think he has a serious grudge against it, no matter what you say, no matter how many times you prove him wrong,  i don't think it's worth talking to him anymore

22 minutes ago, -Moctezuma- said:

ever since 2019 i've been trying to argue with gearsmatrix about revenant not being bad, back on my xbox account.

and here we are 3 years later, i think he has a serious grudge against it, no matter what you say, no matter how many times you prove him wrong,  i don't think it's worth talking to him anymore

True, I did tell him at the very least people who truly understand how revenant works say he's an A or S tier frame or that he's literally immortal. I don't think you can argue against that, especially since a lot of these people are the ones running levelcap where every other frame can die instantly.

On 2022-07-25 at 1:34 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Isn’t Laetum better for Angels? I mean I can claim Yareli’s the greatest thing ever when I compare her to stug. Using a weapon in a scenario that’s not ideal for it and claiming that make the frame in question good is just being dishonest.

I was using the Phenmor, the best rifle in the game, 3 formaed and with a god riven with the "50% chance to deal 2000 damage on non crit hits" evolution

xSkJUuy.png

how does this compare to using the "stug" and yareli (a warframe that's actually mediocre)

On 2022-07-28 at 4:11 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

You can always move around the map to avoid hits, don't stand there, if you have atleast 14 mesmer skin and do that, that ability can last up to 4 or 5 mins and you can easily recast it again

On 2022-07-29 at 6:48 AM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And considering all his synergies are tied to an ability that does not exist in public squads

Survival isn't the only gamemode mate, and you can always be quicker

Once again 

Entrall: You are getting shot at by a bunch of enemies and losing health? entrall one of them so most of the fire get re-directed to that enthralled enemy

if you are in a squad and they are killing stuff quick, then entrall won't be fully necessary unless you are garbage at the game, but it still servers as a bonus if you somehow want to defend a certain objective and want the enemy fire to be directed at something else, one of your enthralls got killed by a player? entrall another one, it's a quick ability

Don't forget the Entrall + Reave combo, in which you can kill a Steel path angel or Level 5 lich in less than 6 seconds

Mesmer Skin: With 14 mesmer skin charges, and moving around like anyone skilled would, those 14 charges can last up to 4 or 5 minutes, and you can recast it at any time you want, yes this ability did took a hit when eximus rework dropped, but it wasn't as bad as how it hit limbo, it's still a useful ability, inmunte to status effects + knockdowns + recastable at any time + stunning the enemy that shot you pretty decent

Reave: this ability is pretty powerful when you combine it with entrall, can easily kill 130+ steel path grineer, level 5 kuva liches, steel path angels, etc+, the heal itself is decent, being able to self heal is a bonus on a warframe,  and if you put natural talent on revenant it becomes way better, mesmer skin charge just depleted? use reave to get outta there and recast it on a safe place

Danse Macabre: Pretty good spin to kill ability up to level 90+, it adapts to deal  the damage type to the enemy it is hitting, not very good at steel path but pretty good at everything else

Revenant has CC, Self heal, Tankiness, and deal a good ammount of damage to SP enemies, he isn't the best, but he isn't nowhere near trash or garbage

Shuriken without the augment

Dear god why would anybody use this to deal 2K damage? Ballistic battery has an even higher damage output. Soul Punch one of the other worse single target abilities even got a buff.

Shuriken is just glaive.png for 1K damage being used solely for its augment. 

Archived