Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name a worse ability than this

-Moctezuma-

3 minutes ago, -Moctezuma- said:

Surprised most people haven't mentioned frost's awful abilities

Very true tbh, though sadly I see a female ice frame being brought out before poor frosty gets an overhaul.

If he ever does get looked at then it'd also be a good excuse for a new Deluxe skin for him too tbh.

Spoiler

Just please, not Liger. Don't get me wrong, I do love their stuff, but I have Liger fatigue 😂 give some other arteests a chance!

2 minutes ago, -Moctezuma- said:

Surprised most people haven't mentioned frost's awful abilities

Frost's 1 is at least useful for the augment and for popping his bubbles.

There's no defending his 2.

His 3 speaks for itself.  It still has relevance as nothing else can so easily (and passively) defend multiple objectives.

His 4 needs to have its breakpoint adjusted, but it's still decent damage, CC, and armor stripping.

Vortex

I know that's a weird answer because Vortex is actually straight powerful beyond comparison.

That's the problem. We have enemies that are basically CC immune now because they're trying to make changes to keep players from just turning off the game and Vortex is a solid example of an ability that basically turns off the game.

I honestly just leave when I get in a party with a stacked Vauban that's sitting there sucking up literally everything in sight, like I get that you're doing this to make the mission easy but it's not why I came to play ^^;

Also whatever Volt does that goes pheeeeeew - it's so annoying to be in a team with when it wrecks your movement unexpectedly.

Something useless is still > something that's technically useful for the player but aggravating to surrounding players. 

15 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Well thanks for coming out and saying it, lol.

That's fair.  To be clear, I do think that Hydroid is also terrible and very much in need of a rework.  And who knows?  Maybe Yareli will get some more augments that make her better.  If she got an augment that allowed Merulina to have an alternate state, like a protective shield or a companion, then I would probably use her a lot more.

There's no reason for the zephyr minigame to be in the game, but it is. 

Sometimes things are just for fun. Even though I already know Yareli has reached level cap.

It's still a super easy game and a sandbox. 

There's no international PVP league with cash prizes. It's just an easy game to mess around with.

Razor Gyre is hardly the worse as just having a healing component defaults it to being useful if you lack/omit a healing option from your build. Every frame ability can be framed as bad if your build overshadows it with something else. Even something like Khora's Whip Claw is worse if you take an AOE weapon that's stronger than it.

But if you want a really bad ability just look at the Helminth options. Abilities like Expedite Suffering, Marked for Death, and Sickening Pulse are all too slow/cumbersome to be practical with the game's pacing. Or Perspicacity which only exists to slow you down for the sake of saving Ciphers.

6 minutes ago, trst said:

a healing component defaults it to being useful if you lack/omit a healing option from your build.

It's not useful at all, you take more damage than you heal, you move slow + your weapons are locked + the range is small, it's a god awful ability, i replaced it with some helmith ability

Just now, -Moctezuma- said:

It's not useful at all, you take more damage than you heal, you move slow + your weapons are locked + the range is small, it's a god awful ability, i replaced it with some helmith ability

You'd have a point if frames/abilities existed in a vacuum.

Caliban has damage resistance from his passive, (over)shield restoration from his 3, and AOE CC from his 2. You can easily CC enemies and heal or just be missing hp while having overshields.

Yes it is an easy ability to replace/make redundant with another healing option or using Helminth to swap it for say Voracious Metastasis or Gloom. But that argument can be made with most abilities.

6 minutes ago, trst said:

Or Perspicacity which only exists to slow you down for the sake of saving Ciphers.

Except Ciphers can't be used in Nightmare missions or Sorties.  The rescue on Lua Sortie is one that I find Perspicacity to be most handy!  Besides its not like anyone uses Navigator on Ivara, so why not make her the perfect sleuth kit by adding Perspicacity.  I would say Calibans Razor Gyre not only looks ridiculous, it's pretty low budget and gets my vote for worst Warframe Power!  I think we should leave the Helminth abilities out of the pool for crappy powers as they are in a league of their own and have to be purposely added to a Warframe anyways so they are a choice, not bad character design.

2 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Well thanks for coming out and saying it, lol.

That's fair.  To be clear, I do think that Hydroid is also terrible and very much in need of a rework.  And who knows?  Maybe Yareli will get some more augments that make her better.  If she got an augment that allowed Merulina to have an alternate state, like a protective shield or a companion, then I would probably use her a lot more.

no pls, no bandaid augs for my girl yareli. she needs multiple fixes, including increased kdrive handling/a "weapons only" mode for merulina where I'm only able to move/dash/jump and use primary/secondary on the kdrive (no one does tricks indoors). 

she's in such a miserable state rn, she even fking T-POSES when doing common things like hack a console or capture a capture target, it's so sad

1 hour ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Aquablades? Aquablades!? You clearly have not put that on a Loki and combined it with his Radial Disarm. 😂

Except if you already are invisible it doesn't really matter if they are disarmed or not, yes it safer for sure. 
I put the Aquablades on Volt for super speedy saw-blade fun! Obviously not SP worthy but fun in exterminate fissures!

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Except if you already are invisible it doesn't really matter if they are disarmed or not, yes it safer for sure. 

I think he means that enemies will run into melee range and get hit by the blades without you having to move to them.

2 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Well, spectral scream inmho is kinda worst, but in the history of the game, way back in the day Excalibur had something called Superjump, that right there was beyond bad.

Worse than bounce from old vauban?

11 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Well, spectral scream inmho is kinda worst, but in the history of the game, way back in the day Excalibur had something called Superjump, that right there was beyond bad.

Oof that's a toss up but at least Vauban had a toggle to switch to something else but Superjump is WAY old skool, so much so, that this is the first I've heard of such a thing!  How long did that last? Probably about the time they got rid of Stamina I presume?

Archived