Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized critical mods are busted

NezuHimeSama

I've had a lot of cases of watching the multiplier go from 5x to 4x to 3x to 2x to 1x at regular intervals while still refreshing the timer of the mod with headshot kills, including headshot kill sound queue. Are these intended to all have individual timers that can overlap? That doesn't seem consistent with other galvanized mods?

Also, the 12s timer is rather on the low side for headshot kills. Recommend making it 12s per kill, up to 30s total.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Working as intended.

And yes, they're inconsistent with the other Galvanized mods, and generally annoying.

Things like this make me wish they'd double-check their intent a little more often. Does it make sense for one type of Galvanzied mod to have an undocumented difference in behaviour to other Galvanized mods? No. No it does not.

57 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Things like this make me wish they'd double-check their intent a little more often. Does it make sense for one type of Galvanzied mod to have an undocumented difference in behaviour to other Galvanized mods? No. No it does not.

Of course, outside of the text on the cards, most documentation of mod mechanics has been outsourced to the players.

Anyway, yes.  Balancing the power of these mods with irksome and confusing upkeep mechanics is not ideal.  If power is the concern, I'd gladly trade some amount of the bonus for better usability.  Giving them the same stack behavior as the other Galvanized mods has the great benefit of consistency, but hell, I'd take more duration or less stringent conditions if consistency is just not DE's jam.

Archived