Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - Flavor Text for Missions

Ne0nRunner

One thing I've noticed while playing this game is that despite the intricate lore and complex mechanics, the world itself feels suprisingly dull and disconnected from the gameplay. We hardly know anything about life within the different factions or colonies, or why we're even running half of the missions on the Star Chart to begin with. All of the mission instructions use vague terms like "collect the data" or "defend this objective" without actually telling you what you're collecting or defending story-wise.

I feel like a little randomly generated blurb each time you load a mission (Who are we saving during rescue missions, and how did they get captured? What data are we collecting from this facility? etc) would help the game feel just a bit more immersive and actually add a bit of story weight to each mission, even if they're fairly short. I've seen other games with short, repeatable missions do this pretty well and I feel like Warframe would benefit from that extra immersion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I really agree! There's definitely a gameplay vs. lore/world disconnect, and I think your suggestion would make it feel much more integrated. I'm thinking about Infested Salvage, where Lotus directly tells you that we're here to scavenge stuff from the infested shipwreck. That tiny bit of flavor text goes a long way.

Archived