Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Triton

MekaDovah

Just a random thought. I was talking to a friend about Lua and a thought occurred to me.

How about Triton the moon as a new location? I understand, IRL, it'll disintegrate one day from Neptune's gravity, but maybe in Warframe, the Orokin stabilized it. Maybe added some massive cybernetics to it. A different take on the Lua tileset: Lua's falling apart, barely held together. Maybe Triton's a more complete repair job. Or maybe like that upcoming Warframe skin based on pottery repair, but done on a massive scale.

Edit: Yeah, I know Triton's already a node. Could just rename it, or maybe Triton the node isn't the same as Triton the moon.

But isn't Triton just a boring icy rock? There are far more exciting objects in the Solar System.

Like Titan. I liked Destiny's take on Titan, but that isn't how it really looks like, it's not a water world. Rather it looks like Earth if the color pallet was completely turned onto its head. It's got this thick greenish-yelow atmosphere, orange lakes of liquid methane and a rocky surface with mountain chains and canyons. It would make for great sceneries.

Another great candidate is Pluto, if they finally make a separate tileset for it. Not only it is beautiful as a planet with contrasting white and rusty-red patches, it also has a huge damn Corpus city on it as can be seen on Railjack skybox. Now that would be an awesome location. A futuristic half city, half factory, populated by mostly robots, where you parkour from one industrial building's roof to the next, while there are red mountains and ivory ice platoes on the horizon - how about that?

6 hours ago, ant99999 said:

But isn't Triton just a boring icy rock? There are far more exciting objects in the Solar System.

Like Titan. I liked Destiny's take on Titan, but that isn't how it really looks like, it's not a water world. Rather it looks like Earth if the color pallet was completely turned onto its head. It's got this thick greenish-yelow atmosphere, orange lakes of liquid methane and a rocky surface with mountain chains and canyons. It would make for great sceneries.

Another great candidate is Pluto, if they finally make a separate tileset for it. Not only it is beautiful as a planet with contrasting white and rusty-red patches, it also has a huge damn Corpus city on it as can be seen on Railjack skybox. Now that would be an awesome location. A futuristic half city, half factory, populated by mostly robots, where you parkour from one industrial building's roof to the next, while there are red mountains and ivory ice platoes on the horizon - how about that?

Makes sense to fight on titan. Whoever has it, effectively has unlimited fuel supply. That bein said I don't want more open worlds

Triton is already a node name, and many other node names (Ishtar, Vallis, Eurasia etc.) so I wonder if maybe we technically are on Triton. otherwise why bother with the Node names?

7 hours ago, ant99999 said:

But isn't Triton just a boring icy rock?

the same can be said for Europa: were it not for the Corpus Obelisk that crashed there, it would literally be nothing but ice, which is exactly what it is on the tiles where there's less corpus presence. 

would be nice to see some more tileset reworks for the Corpus Outpost, Eris, Europa etc.

Archived