The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE Changes - subtle but impactful? [post Devstream discussion]

0_The_F00l

9 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Now now , let's not generalise. It kinda reduces your credibility to hold an unbiased discussion or argument.

Do you get to dictate that ? people will see it for themselves , if they like my opinion they like my opinion , if they dislike they dislike

37 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

if for every aoe complain pile of threads we could have reworks and qol changes we would be flyin already 

like the saying goes , if i had a nickel for every .. 

i mean , you guys complian about aoe's , do you also complain about bugs and for complaining to have more qol changes in  modding , arsenal or companions (ive still heard the other they that we still have the companion bug thing from years and years ago) , if youre not complaining about those in game issues but rather just aoe i think thats also not valid and disingenous 

you guys seem to have passion but like,  all in the wrong places.

You're here whining and moaning about a game nerf. Meanwhile there are children starving all around the world. Your priorities are all messed up, shame on you! 

Just now, TomCruisesSon said:

You're here whining and moaning about a game nerf. Meanwhile there are children starving all around the world. Your priorities are all messed up, shame on you! 

your argumnet dont hold up to your own standards friend if you think for a second , i was referring tangential things to the warframe it wasnt off the charts unrelated. so .

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It definitely dictates my opinion of you, after all i don't generalize.

you refered generalizing as a dis-qualifier , in what way you can tell  me every generalization is bad or wrong ... from what i see , from what i see thats get a lot more attraction is nerf debates , not qol changes , i wish they were equally important for discussion or that qol changes discussion would get more attention but here we are.

expecting every statement of opnion you see to have its own statistics charts is insane and PR speech , and you know that 

1 minute ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

your argumnet dont hold up to your own standards friend if you think for a second , i was referring tangential things to the warframe it wasnt off the charts unrelated. so .

Can't even bother to properly capitalize while there are still homeless people out on the streets! I thought I knew you better. You've changed.

1 minute ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Can't even bother to properly capitalize while there are still homeless people out on the streets! I thought I knew you better. You've changed.

are you gonna go about politics too while you are at it debuunking my tangential point , im not convinced how mentioning qol changes receiving less attention than nerf debates to be mirroring your ateemmpt to make me think i'm going off board with my point.

Just now, _LotusPrime_ said:

are you gonna go about politics too while you are at it debuunking my tangential point , im not convinced how mentioning qol changes receiving less attention than nerf debates to be mirroring your ateemmpt to make me think i'm going off board with my point.

It's been a while, still at it, huh? It's been how long? How many lives have you saved since our last meeting? How many innocent people have you let slide by while you type away on these forums? You've learned nothing. There isn't a scale on earth that can measure my disappointment in you. So much blood on your hands.

5 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

It's been a while, still at it, huh? It's been how long? How many lives have you saved since our last meeting? How many innocent people have you let slide by while you type away on these forums? You've learned nothing. There isn't a scale on earth that can measure my disappointment in you. So much blood on your hands.

okay troll nice try , ignored moving on 

this isnt twitter , you cant use meme ing as a counter argument , people have working neurons here. also just saying your irony doesnt work in this instance because i was giving a point witihin warframe i didnt go outside the bounds and qol changes are part of the balance you so ' care ' about , and they are relevant whether you deem its worthy of discussion or not.

its insane how much length these people go just so that they are behind kills in pugs/pubs , its really ridiculous you know 

maybe its correlated with their unsatiable lust for keeping up with kills (maybe fps culture who knows) when everybody else is just for the mission completion , its like in for  a daycare to remind them to not be selfish , and im like holding words to not ridicule them , im really trying to be fair and putting them as on the same  footing as a rational being .

9 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

you refered generalizing as a dis-qualifier , in what way you can tell  me every generalization is bad or wrong ... from what i see , from what i see thats get a lot more attraction is nerf debates , not qol changes , i wish they were equally important for discussion or that qol changes discussion would get more attention but here we are.

I am not sure you got the point. The warframe community is not a hive mind or even limited to just a few factions , every player has his or her opinions , and their opinions of one aspect of the game does not automatically define their opinions of the other aspect of the game. There is no group of players that call themselves the "Nerf squad" , so trying to imply that everyone that disagrees with you is in the same boat is just wrong. 

Many of the players that are agreeing on one point today may disagree on another point tomorrow.

As to your point on qol changes , have you seen the feedback section yet ? Why don't you create your own topic with regards to whatever qol changes you would like to see. I would be happy to add my own thoughts to it as well if you want me to. Why debate in this section if you feel it has no value ?

And finally This is not a popularity contest to gain attention. If you are into that the forums aren't really the place , maybe Twitter or some other social platform would be better for you.

they are working from the axiom that  this game is some fps or some sht , not even in moba games (unless youre like in very low elo idk) individual kills are not  that important 

and the funny thing is even if DE would want to treat this game like is fps its not gonna fit , its just not , warframe is strictly  mission oriented , this is not some fps death match variant game , has never been  . 

for sure nerf the old form of ash ultimate , serious sht that needs attention ,  and maybe nerf kuva zarr but even then i would say kuva weapons are longer and /or harder to get depending on your proggression level so its not that simple , and these people treat it like its teh simpliest thing .

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

As to your point on qol changes , have you seen the feedback section yet ? Why don't you create your own topic with regards to whatever qol changes you would like to see. I would be happy to add my own thoughts to it as well if you want me to. Why debate in this section if you feel it has no value ?

on my main ive already posted more than 4 posts on qol so yea , and it didnt use to get much attention so i stopped posting them naturally so . and i look at some qol or bug posts and unless its some game breaking bug like the initial railjack bugs noone mentions it noone talks about it .

8 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

its insane how much length these people go just so that they are behind kills in pugs/pubs , its really ridiculous you know 

maybe its correlated with their unsatiable lust for keeping up with kills (maybe fps culture who knows) when everybody else is just for the mission completion , its like in for  a daycare to remind them to not be selfish , and im like holding words to not ridicule them , im really trying to be fair and putting them as on the same  footing as a rational being .

5 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

they are working from the axiom that  this game is some fps or some sht , not even in moba games (unless youre like in very low elo idk) individual kills are not  that important 

and the funny thing is even if DE would want to treat this game like is fps its not gonna fit , its just not , warframe is strictly  mission oriented , this is not some fps death match variant game , has never been  . 

for sure nerf the old form of ash ultimate , serious sht that needs attention ,  and maybe nerf kuva zarr but even then i would say kuva weapons are longer and /or harder to get depending on your proggression level so its not that simple , and these people treat it like its teh simpliest thing .

1 minute ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

and with that im done with this thread , someone else can take my place for voice of sanity here , just try to keep it cool guys , i know its tilting that they think its their turd but you  got this , im burnt from this thread officially , good luck sane tenno .

Look at all this mad

32 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

'' if you think for a second '' seems you didnt consider this one then ^^ 

You really don't get it, do you? Well, i'm on break and bored today, so I'll help you out:

This argument:

1 hour ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

i mean , you guys complian about aoe's , do you also complain about bugs and for complaining to have more qol changes in  modding , arsenal or companions (ive still heard the other they that we still have the companion bug thing from years and years ago) , if youre not complaining about those in game issues but rather just aoe i think thats also not valid and disingenous 

you guys seem to have passion but like,  all in the wrong places.

and this argument:

42 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

are essentially the same. It's an attempt to disqualify what the other person said by saying "if you don't complain about X, you can't complain about Y" even though you don't know if the person(s) involved do complain about X, and even though Y is not relevant to the X topic.

edit: @TomCruisesSon no need to explain that this is a joke (to me at least), I'm just quoting it because it's easier.

Do you get it now?

15 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

and im like holding words to not ridicule them

Oh don't hold back, please. Please do that.

On a non-related note, why does this feels like a Venera's alt account? 🤔

12 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

I am not sure who you are trying to bait or admonish ? And not everyone is here for the same reasons either. Really feels like you need to broaden your perapective.

10 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

Who are " these people " that you are talking about and what's the " simplest thing" that you mention?

9 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

on my main ive already posted more than 4 posts on qol so yea , and it didnt use to get much attention so i stopped posting them naturally so . and i look at some qol or bug posts and unless its some game breaking bug like the initial railjack bugs noone mentions it noone talks about it .

And why did you use a different account for this discussion ? Afraid you will be judged based on past actions ?

Amd 4 posts ? That's really tiny , it's usually better to first search for an existing topic if it already exists , if the issue really is being faced by many players there will be more posts on it.

10 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

and with that im done with this thread , someone else can take my place for voice of sanity here , just try to keep it cool guys , i know its tilting that they think its their turd but you  got this , im burnt from this thread officially , good luck sane tenno .

I have no idea who you are addressing. But bye i guess ?

Just now, Padre_Akais said:

Nah, they get it.
That's why he/she/they are on a week old account randomly trolling threads and planting scarecrows all over the place...

i can say the same things on my main , you just want any reason to disqualify my points like the other 5 guys , its okay people with brains can see that its alright . i can take some heat 

2 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

You're running into why QOL threads don't get posted a lot. They're not terribly controversial, just by their nature, and so they don't get a lot of attention. Even if you disagree, their design as "quality of life" makes them minor things. For the forums, that's exacerbated by the "like this post" function, which is easier than typing out concurrence. If they don't get a lot of attention, people stop posting about them.

This is just human psychology. Nothing about hive-minds or people brigading or anything of that sort. Indeed, it's kind of the opposite: the topics that will get more discussion will be more contentious. Unfortunately, that also means that the simple things, like smaller but persistent bugs, are more readily overlooked. That's the "forever catch-22": the more attention an issue gets, the more contentious it is, and the less clear the solution becomes. And vice versa.

That also means you're less likely to notice people pushing for those other changes. It's not just relegated to DE: those simple things procure less discussion so they're harder to notice. By everyone. That doesn't mean people don't champion for improvements. It just means their voices more often get lost in the chorus.

Also:

50 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

people will see it for themselves , if they like my opinion they like my opinion , if they dislike they dislike

That's exactly their point: that people will see your opinion and, because of the content and presentation of said opinion, tend toward the idea it "reduces your credibility to hold an unbiased discussion or argument."

It's not prescriptive - they don't dictate that's the case. They're just observing it, and sharing that observation.

4 minutes ago, _LotusPrime_ said:

i can say the same things on my main , you just want any reason to disqualify my points like the other 5 guys , its okay people with brains can see that its alright . i can take some heat 

Well , you do make it really easy to discredit your point cause you aren't really making much sense.

People with brains can think for themselves ,

whether or not you can take any " heat " is debatable considering you don't even want to use your "main" account.

and weren't you leaving and letting sane people handle the discussion ?

Just now, _LotusPrime_ said:

how do i  close mentions from a thread i feel like a boomer now , i dont wanna reply to 10 disingenous and insincere people that dont wanna talk or discuss but ridicule and posture 

You can unfollow , it should be at the bottom of the page.

you will just have to ignore any quotes or mentions of you if you don't want to be involved anymore.

Archived