Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diffirent behaviour of eximus abilities in steel path content and non steel path content in case of Limbo for immersion.

shalmac

Eximus abilities should not damage limbo in star chart missions and open world. I don't have problem with abilities damaging limbo in steel-path content since the point of it is a higher difficulty but in open world and star chart limbo being hit by eximus units breaks immersion and leads to repetitive gameplay. A person can very easily clear starpath with a overpowered weapon and latest meta build taken from wiki with any frame but that makes every frame feel the same.
If I am in a normal cannon fodder enemy encounter without many eximus unit I can just press E and kill everything easily no need for rift. If there are eximus enemies then abilities are useless i have to go near them and kill them. Once eximus are dead there is no need for any abilities. Now killing eximus is not very hard but it breaks immersion of piloting limbo hard.

Like you are playing any FPS instead of a RPG.

Starpath and i would even argue for open world don't need more difficult enemies it just leads to people using better frames instead of fun frames. If a person toggles steel path he is in end game then eximus units being immune can make sense for added difficulty but it doesn't make sense for midgame.

No one in midgame is going to counter difficult enemies by using different strategies with limbo . People will just use rhino or wukong with whatever is current meta. The only reason anyone plays limbo or few other frames is because of roleplaying and eximus units just kill the roleplaying aspect.

If eximus units had very high damage or some other gimick which was lore friendly which made them hard then it would not be a problem.
Limbo died in one shot because he got hit by a high dmg missile outside of rift . (this is fine)
Limbo died because while recovering in rift he got hit by electricity and fire by random griner footsolider. (immersion breaking)

I almost always play solo .

1 hour ago, shalmac said:

Eximus abilities should not damage limbo in star chart missions and open world.

Why not? Did you miss the whole "abilities ignore the rift" thing? I cannot say I have had issues with Limbo dying while against star-chart level enemies while in the rift. Taking damage, sure, but not actually dying.

1 hour ago, shalmac said:

The only reason anyone plays limbo or few other frames is because of roleplaying and eximus units just kill the roleplaying aspect.

Ah, really? I have played Limbo a bit, and not once was it for roleplay. I don't know a single person who has. It does seem like a bit of a stretch - people tend to play the frames they actually like when doing star-chart missions. You can use whatever you like and have little trouble due to the low difficulty level. **I am assuming at least averagely modded gear.

I don't have problem with difficulty or dying in missions only immersion they are indeed easy but i mostly play for roleplay.

Why not? Did you miss the whole "abilities ignore the rift" thing? I cannot say I have had issues with Limbo dying while against star-chart level enemies while in the rift. Taking damage, sure, but not actually dying.

I just don't see much point of eximus enemies being able to hit limbo in easy parts of the game .It's not as if they actually increase difficulty that much. The game feels the same but role playing aspect is decreased.

Ah, really? I have played Limbo a bit, and not once was it for roleplay. I don't know a single person who has.

Players like me must be a small minority then or they mostly play solo.

Il y a 2 heures, shalmac a dit :

Eximus abilities should not damage limbo in star chart missions and open world. I don't have problem with abilities damaging limbo in steel-path content since the point of it is a higher difficulty but in open world and star chart limbo being hit by eximus units breaks immersion and leads to repetitive gameplay. A person can very easily clear starpath with a overpowered weapon and latest meta build taken from wiki with any frame but that makes every frame feel the same.
If I am in a normal cannon fodder enemy encounter without many eximus unit I can just press E and kill everything easily no need for rift. If there are eximus enemies then abilities are useless i have to go near them and kill them. Once eximus are dead there is no need for any abilities. Now killing eximus is not very hard but it breaks immersion of piloting limbo hard.

Like you are playing any FPS instead of a RPG.

Starpath and i would even argue for open world don't need more difficult enemies it just leads to people using better frames instead of fun frames. If a person toggles steel path he is in end game then eximus units being immune can make sense for added difficulty but it doesn't make sense for midgame.

No one in midgame is going to counter difficult enemies by using different strategies with limbo . People will just use rhino or wukong with whatever is current meta. The only reason anyone plays limbo or few other frames is because of roleplaying and eximus units just kill the roleplaying aspect.

If eximus units had very high damage or some other gimick which was lore friendly which made them hard then it would not be a problem.
Limbo died in one shot because he got hit by a high dmg missile outside of rift . (this is fine)
Limbo died because while recovering in rift he got hit by electricity and fire by random griner footsolider. (immersion breaking)

I almost always play solo .

I understand your problem, but I think it's normal that same mechanics are applied either to Normal mode and to Steel Path mode.

Steel Path adds difficulty with higher level enemies, armor and Hp bonus, but not changing mechanics and it does not change the enemy damage.

Eximus, even before the rework, could hit Limbo inside the Rift with their abilities (not with their weapons though). On normal mode, and on Steel Path, the damage they make is the same, if the enemies are on the same level of course (Steel Path does not have damage bonus). The difference is that on normal mode the base start level is lower. A level 150 enemy on normal mode will make the same damage a level 150 enemy makes on Steel Path.

The point with Limbo is that he must CC everybody else around to focus on the Eximus unit. It's not that hard, but if you do not pay attention to the Eximus (or if the game make many enemies spawn at the same time - the limit of Eximus spawn never worked, not even on solo mode), you can have some problems.

That being said, there is actually one problem with Limbo and it's the interacton between the Rift and the Operator. If you are inside the Rift and, to fight an Eximus, you pass on Operator mode to use your void Damage Amp and your Focus abilities against the Eximus, you won't be able to hit the Eximus, because the game considers that the Operator is not on the Rift (even if you are) and the Eximus is considered as inside the Rift. This makes impossible to fight an Eximus with your Operator when you're inside Limbo's Rift Bubble.

This is the only problem I see now with Limbo and the new Eximus.

Eximus, even before the rework, could hit Limbo inside the Rift with their abilities (not with their weapons though). 

If it was this way even before the rework as part of original balance. Then this thread is pointless as it is unlikely to be changed. I thought this was a new addition in rework.

Archived