Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus are too much still

Endorphinz

Ever since the new eximus model was pushed out, I felt like they've been really big potholes.

First of all, I do like the idea, which is to guard the enemies against overwhelming damage and CC, the two offensive mechanics the players have at their disposal. But the thing that pushes it past reasonable challenge is the huge groups they come in. I thought the original goal was to "have less eximus, but be more powerful". Well they're sure as hell more powerful, but they never seem to be alone; for endless missions, they quickly ramp up to large groups of 5 or more in as little as 20 minutes/waves that cluster together and smother the field. It feels like I see more eximus now than I did before the change.

That's before I even bring up the damage they can do. Even in a level 40 mission, getting hit by the fire eximus' fire wave attack (which can be very difficult to avoid 100% of the time) just melts a low-armor 740-health warframe with heat procs doing 200+ damager per tick. Do we just dismiss any Warframe at all without damage mitigation abilities from missions higher than level 40 or what? I'm aware of, and fully able to make use of evasive skills to avoid damage even on flimsy frames, but some of those guys are just on another level of hurting you.

In conclusion, I think the eximus model works, but I feel the number of them is too many, too overwhelming. And their damage can unexpectedly end your adventure before you even realize what happened. I think those aspects ought to be tuned down a little bit.

There are less eximus than there was spawning at once than before but it seems like more because they are more dangerous, survive longer, and are way more noticeable. It was super easy to incidentally kill eximus before they even registered as being present.

Have you tried rolling into the fire waves from the fire eximus? It nullifies their attack.

13 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Riven Sliver Farming is terrible nowadays

its only terrible because you get 1 riven per week from it, after that its just kuva. i see it more as passive income since you get it while doing void fissures.

On 2022-09-15 at 10:43 PM, Drasiel said:

There are less eximus than there was spawning at once than before but it seems like more because they are more dangerous, survive longer, and are way more noticeable. It was super easy to incidentally kill eximus before they even registered as being present.

Have you tried rolling into the fire waves from the fire eximus? It nullifies their attack.

Yeah you're probably right about that.

I do know that rolling negates a lot of impact from hard attacks. But my complaint is that sooner or later you're going to be caught from behind from some guy you didn't see, so yeah it's annoying.

3 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

Yeah you're probably right about that.

I do know that rolling negates a lot of impact from hard attacks. But my complaint is that sooner or later you're going to be caught from behind from some guy you didn't see, so yeah it's annoying.

yes rolling does negate a lot of the impact from everything else, but specifically for fire eximus waves it ignores all the damage and knockdown. Doesn't resolve the issue of one behind you but does help if you see one in front of you

Archived