Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Frost Rework Idea for the 3 Frost mains out there

Pockolock

On 2022-09-22 at 5:50 AM, Leqesai said:

Does elemental ward (ice) add to the health on snow globe?

It definitely does. After casting Elemental Ward and going into abilities, the preview of snow globe's health numbers are higher than the numbers when elemental ward hasn't been cast yet.

I've used EM on Frost pretty often But honestly armor can only go so far (unless they rework that too). It would be acceptable if it was already built in on Frost's Abilities but having to subsume an survivability ability on a frame that feels like he should already have it built in feels pretty weird.

Another idea I had with Icy Avalanche was instead of Invulnerability with a small health pool, Frost and allies get's 5% DR per enemy caught in Icy Avalanche with a starting base DR of 50% and caps at 90%. 

6 hours ago, Pockolock said:

It definitely does. After casting Elemental Ward and going into abilities, the preview of snow globe's health numbers are higher than the numbers when elemental ward hasn't been cast yet.

I've used EM on Frost pretty often But honestly armor can only go so far (unless they rework that too). It would be acceptable if it was already built in on Frost's Abilities but having to subsume an survivability ability on a frame that feels like he should already have it built in feels pretty weird.

Another idea I had with Icy Avalanche was instead of Invulnerability with a small health pool, Frost and allies get's 5% DR per enemy caught in Icy Avalanche with a starting base DR of 50% and caps at 90%. 

Fwiw the ice skin icy avalanche gives is really awesome. Pretty much guarantees constant shield gate for frost (not so much for his allies) due to constantly refreshing/gaining if you are using avalanche aggressively. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-17 at 8:10 AM, Pockolock said:

For Freeze
- Aside from popping globes and the Freeze Force augment which is situational at best. I found Freeze to be quite lacking and as Pablo mentioned, Single target abilities are not the play. hitting an enemy directly would still freeze that target, its just that now the ice patch around the frozen target was increased to affect more enemies.
- If it was possible to change anything visually, it'd be neat if it Freeze looked like Statis in Dead Space. But with a icy mist surrounding the created ice patch

Making freeze, a cone of cold short duration stream of cold air could help make it handle crowds of enemies better.

Archived