Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sevagoth Shadow rework

Bratty_Child

tldr; discard Shadow's kit and make it alter original kit 1 and 4(fits previous Shadow kit perfectly)

Currently, his 4 is just a Metamorphosis(Equinox 1) that offer worse kit and gameplay.

Consume and Death Harvest is literally Sevagoth main body 1st ability, Reap, but with twist and makes both of them worse.
You are locked out from his main kit. Sow should be still be accessible and reaped with Death Harvest but that's not possible.
You are also locked out of your guns, restricted to his claws with non fluid swings. It should just use the same swings like Tempo Royale which is wide arcing fun sweeps.

His main body does not follow around to offer Gloom nor being yet another specter ability. At very least it would be complimentary if he shoots Epitaph around to prime Shadow Claws melee.

It really do feels like Sevagoth 4 should just been Shadow Claws that offers Embrace as a hold ability over any of his other 3 abilities when active.
Maybe Reap should be tweaked that it always casted as fast version and held to be casted as Death Harvest version; and making Consume as the tap version when Shadow Claw is active. And Sow should permanently tag enemy rather than making it a duration based, non recastable ability.

Bottom text.

1 hour ago, Little_Cunny said:

It really do feels like Sevagoth 4 should just been Shadow Claws that offers Embrace as a hold ability over any of his other 3 abilities when active.

I agree that abilities are not great or repetitive.

3rd ability: Gloom is nice and should stay.

2nd ability: Merge Sevs' 1st & 2nd into ability. They are just just doing very similar things. And if you want damage enemies with 2nd you need keep them close & use 1st. Make it recastable.

1st ability: Embrace

4th might be exalted Claws or something

ps. I know it won't happen ;)

I've been giving him more time. Do anyone else consider the option to control his Shadow from casting Reap as good? I don't feel its good at all, it needs you to aim down sight to control where he would go.

I'm proposing that his 1 tap should be fast cast, and constantly follow your reticle whereas his 1 held should be slow cast, and capable of triggering Reaping Sows multiple times. It makes more sense this way where you want; 1) Shadow constantly applying vulnerability 2) Reaping Sows multiple times fluidly on lower cost and less awkward gameplay compared to you spamming Reap.

I also proposed that his Exalted Shadow kit to be integrated into his main kit before. I want it to be tweaked that Consume and Death Harvest to replace Reap when Exalted Shadow is active. The tap cast will be Consume and the held cast will be Death Harvest. The radius of Death Harvest should be doubled because when compared to Reap, it covers less area. Reap have the Shadow casted to linger for a few seconds and cover area where enemy is, and it can cover a lot of areas but Death Harvest only have 50% more range than Reap but its coverage is only where you are standing at.

2 hours ago, Little_Cunny said:

I've been giving him more time. Do anyone else consider the option to control his Shadow from casting Reap as good? I don't feel its good at all, it needs you to aim down sight to control where he would go.

Its not horrible, i mean just throw it out and not aim if you want. Its slow but it works just fine if youre using it for close range enemies.

2 hours ago, Little_Cunny said:

I'm proposing that his 1 tap should be fast cast, and constantly follow your reticle whereas his 1 held should be slow cast, and capable of triggering Reaping Sows multiple times.

I like the aiming function as i dont want it following my reticle all the time, making it move faster though is welcome

On 2022-09-25 at 7:48 PM, Little_Cunny said:

Currently, his 4 is just a Metamorphosis(Equinox 1) that offer worse kit and gameplay.

The only thing i dislike about his 4th

1.) Theres no way for me to use it longer. I love being that shadow but getting pulled out of it and forced to use normal sevagoth dont be doing it for me 

2.) I dont feel i get enough benefits for using the shadow, specifically defense wise. I know Valkyr is supposed to be the 1 who goes invulnerable but i be wanting sev to have something more as opposed to just armor.

Other than that, i find his 4th fine

Archived