Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 last change to Nyx PLLLLLSSS (2nd post)

(PSN)Agent_Equinox

Back in the day when CC was king, I used nyx alot. Thinking about the good old days, I decided to play her again and for the past week, there is just 1 thing that's kinda been holding her back from her full potential...her 4th.

At current: you consume energy based on the amount of damage absorbed.

The problem: At higher levels, it doesn't take much to use all your energy up, 

Solution: Make her 4th work similar to Harrow's 4th (with the exception of cc buff) where when you cast, it absorbs damage for a SET DURATION and still applies a damage buff at the end, based off amount absorbed. This will prevent all of your energy being wiped out in a instant, thus giving her a little bit more survivability, which she really needs, because she is squishy. Let me know your thoughts 😇😁

P.S. I do think this would be possible. There are many frames with VERY similar abilities (i.e. Ember and Vaubaun)

Edit: I posted this under general in my last post and some thought it would be better to post under feedback

Absorb should be improved but your suggestion isn't the way to go about it.

Absorb is all about absorbing damage... having it only absorb for a set duration is asinine.

The solution to the problem is very simple. Cap the energy drain per second to something like 8 or 16. So if you take 100K damage in one second it wouldn't drain 80 energy but 8 or 16.

they did it to kill afk defense back in the days, I personally think there's no real way to fix absorb since it was a boring ability even in the original iteration of it

maybe they should just turn it into a new ability because absorb is just outdated no matter what they do to change it, it's still going to be a bubble where you stay still for 30 seconds

my idea is now that we have Kahl they could just let us play as a boosted grineer using Nyx

4 hours ago, Raarsi said:

I still think the only change Nyx really needs is her Mind Control to bypass Eximus overshields.

At the very least, I'd like Mind Control to be usable on still-Overguard'd enemies as a sort of "marked" state,
with it only fully activating (and the duration starting to tick down) once the Overguard is gone.

It's so annoying how, outside of e.g. Steel Path content, it's an often futile endeavor to try and get Eximus buddies
(which are of course prime targets) via MC since any damage you pump into breaking OG will usually come with DOTs,
which (especially in combination with Sentinel support fire) will melt enemy Health faster than you can apply MC.

And ye, less Energy used on Absorb plskthx, other enemy-fire-fueled abilities like Mallet or Maim don't have such extra costs.
At most, if necessary, put some - but not as much as the current - extra drain on ally fire fueling Absorb to ridiculous levels.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

At the very least, I'd like Mind Control to be usable on still-Overguard'd enemies as a sort of "marked" state,
with it only fully activating (and the duration starting to tick down) once the Overguard is gone.

YES

This would be awesome. Mind control on an eximus unit is a real PITA (especially in a team game) because once overguard drops they tend to get deleted really fast. 

14 hours ago, Neihel said:

they did it to kill afk defense back in the days, I personally think there's no real way to fix absorb since it was a boring ability even in the original iteration of it

maybe they should just turn it into a new ability because absorb is just outdated no matter what they do to change it, it's still going to be a bubble where you stay still for 30 seconds

my idea is now that we have Kahl they could just let us play as a boosted grineer using Nyx

IMO Singularity augment should be a natural part of absorb. And enemies pulled inside the bubble should take the absorb damage per second.

Also. Singularity should absolutely scale with range mods. 15m isn't that useful.

Archived