Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

idea of creating a new weapon category

xyjsnw99

player could equip 4 weapons at the same time: heavy weapon/ primary weapon/secondary weapon/ melee weapon

new ammo type for heavy weapons, balanced ammo drop rate to this type: higher rate for necessary type of missions, but no drop to some missions which is not recommended to use heavy weapons 

move all current aoe weapons to this category,and design a set of basic mods to balance the damage

17 minutes ago, xyjsnw99 said:

higher rate for necessary type of missions, but no drop to some missions which is not recommended to use heavy weapons

When is AoE necessary?

And what missions would you not recommend AoE for?

18 minutes ago, xyjsnw99 said:

move all current aoe weapons to this category

But what if someone likes to use, say, Penta + Akarius in the same Loadout, both of those would fall under your "Heavy" category surely,
so you wanna take that option away from people? Not a fan of that, TBH.

I like the idea of a heavy slot but everyone I've seen suggest this bunches up all aoe weapons into a single category and it just doen't work that way.

Opticor is an aoe weapon. and while it is from visual perspective a heavy weapon, it really doesn't put out enough damage to be worthy of that categorization. (It should tho. We need a tenet version of this gun fr)
Zhuge prime is DEFINITELY not a heavy weapon.
Acceltra and akarius have already been brought up.
I wouldn't say Chakur's a heavy weapon.
Bubonico, shedu, cedo... All spear guns.
Pretty much any aoe secondary should be excluded.

How do you classify weapons what have both aoe and non-aoe firing modes? You can't

You need to be more specific. Only a handful of weapons really deserve to be put in that category. And I'd be very concerned DE would overstep and put a large quantity of weapons in that category that definitely shouldn't be there, much like they did with the ammo nerfs. I can almost guarantee you arca plasmor will be in there. God forbid they make a whole new category of mods specifically for heavy weapons and make it so you cant use the mods you use to use on them anymore which I can totally see them doing also.

If implemented well, It would be a fantastic idea. But you gotta ask yourself if that's actually possible.

2022/10/1 PM9点29分 , PollexMessier 说:

I like the idea of a heavy slot but everyone I've seen suggest this bunches up all aoe weapons into a single category and it just doen't work that way.

Opticor is an aoe weapon. and while it is from visual perspective a heavy weapon, it really doesn't put out enough damage to be worthy of that categorization. (It should tho. We need a tenet version of this gun fr)
Zhuge prime is DEFINITELY not a heavy weapon.
Acceltra and akarius have already been brought up.
I wouldn't say Chakur's a heavy weapon.
Bubonico, shedu, cedo... All spear guns.
Pretty much any aoe secondary should be excluded.

How do you classify weapons what have both aoe and non-aoe firing modes? You can't

You need to be more specific. Only a handful of weapons really deserve to be put in that category. And I'd be very concerned DE would overstep and put a large quantity of weapons in that category that definitely shouldn't be there, much like they did with the ammo nerfs. I can almost guarantee you arca plasmor will be in there. God forbid they make a whole new category of mods specifically for heavy weapons and make it so you cant use the mods you use to use on them anymore which I can totally see them doing also.

If implemented well, It would be a fantastic idea. But you gotta ask yourself if that's actually possible.

it's possible,  but need a lot of work, maybe not worth doing these changes. 

btw there're 2 sets of mods for rifle &shot  gun, it's easy to separate them into 2 slots. so we can get an origin version by doing small changes.

classifying  is not hard, it's just hard to satisfy everyone.  just put every aoe related gun into it, should be ok roughly.  

Archived