Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Attack or Use Abilities? Not Visibly Turning? I Found Out Why

unrealityCatalyst

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2022-12-23 at 6:53 PM, opera_rater said:

I swear it's impossible to avoid this bug nowadays. It used to be infrequent but now I see it almost every day.

I just ran 4 missions. Had this happen to me twice. It pissed me off so I went to Google. Both times it happened when transferring in and out of Op mode quickly to trigger Unairu's Poise. Seems to only happen in multiplayer. Have been unable to reproduce this particular version of the bug when playing solo.

On 2022-10-03 at 11:42 PM, unrealityCatalyst said:

Well, give it seems to have something to do with knockdown, 

Nothing to do with knockdown in my case. I was literally just pressing 5 in quick succession to trigger Poise at the start right after spawning.

On 2022-10-12 at 9:03 AM, Hectoncheir said:

Not only is the bug easy to reproduce, it is also just as easy to remove the bug; enter Operator mode, then enter Void mode, and the bug is gone.

Only you can't enter Op mode when this happens. You can't do anything except die and revive. In low-lvl missions, this becomes doubly annoying since your companions just obliterate anything that can kill you. And no jumping off a ledge doesn't work.

Edit: Up to 4 times now.

Edited by UnS3eN

Was about to find this to bump it up once again, seeing as I had taken a break and started playing again only to run face first into this bug again.

5 hours ago, UnS3eN said:

Nothing to do with knockdown in my case. I was literally just pressing 5 in quick succession to trigger Poise at the start right after spawning.

Hmm, now that's interesting. So it may be a mixture of either Tenno-targeted CC desyncing or something to do with operators getting desynced in and of itself. While each case is different, it's good to get the different kinds of instances of the bug occurring to narrow down what exactly is going on. In this case, what sort of things were you unable to do, outside unable to turn, shoot/attack, or use 1-5? Cause the stagger version of the bug was somewhat different than the knockdown variant, I want to see if this one has any variance.

• Like 3

On 2023-01-07 at 4:11 AM, unrealityCatalyst said:

In this case, what sort of things were you unable to do, outside unable to turn, shoot/attack, or use 1-5?

No 1-5, no melee, no shooting. Can switch weapons and aim with right click, but that's about it. Tried emotes, falling off a cliff, and deploying archgun - nothing got me unstuck. Not the first time this happens. Last time it happened during the last stage of an Archon Hunt and made me rage quit.

Edited by UnS3eN

• 1 month later...

The Bug is back in Full Force...been happening to me over and over and over and over and over again...Only way to fix this while in-game so far, at least for me, is to move "out-of-bounds". HOWEVER this is FAR FROM ideal, since the game is an Action game, and if you are a part of a group, then you will appear to be doing nothing until you figure out how to get out of bounds somehow, and it is far from everywhere, or any map you can get to do so.

WHY on Earth, hasn't this been adressed or fixed yet?

• 2 months later...

This bug is STILL happening, it's been exceptionally bad lately with it happening to me in just about every second mission, always on transferring back to the warframe. None of the recommended fixes (hitting ESC, dying, jumping off the map/out of bounds, /unstuck) seem to fix it, it either fixes itself on its own after a while or stays like that until the mission ends or I crash it completely. So so so frustrating.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just happened to me.

I tried emoting, equipping gear items, even dying. Everything worked, except for fixing the actual problem.

Is this bug not major enough to be warrant fixing? It does not feel nice getting silenced before rotation C. It's happened to me three times in the past week.

Edited by lilyflowerangel
  • Like 1

On 2023-05-28 at 9:20 AM, lilyflowerangel said:

Is this bug not major enough to be warrant fixing? It does not feel nice getting silenced before rotation C. It's happened to me three times in the past week.

Frighteningly, we have the exact same dilemma where you can't do anything before rotation C even begins. And to add there was a slight lag with the host I'm playing with. 

I'm starting to think this issue might be too deep into the code/engine that you could say it's ingrained since this issue has been occuring for quite a while now and funnily it even happened to an official Angels of Zariman stream so you'd think this would get more notice. Not to mention, that was the same update to make Operators synergize more with the gameplay. I thought with the operator overhaul they'd actually fix this too. 

• Like 1

I've had this happen many times over the years, and even yesterday (Archon Hunt as Grendel, luckily it was near the end of the mission running to extraction) it occurred. I think the reason why it seemingly "won't go away" is because it's multiple issues that all lead to the same loss of functionality. I've noticed it most frequently happening whenever using an ability frequently (mesa's peacemakers, for example) or spamming operator / drifter transference. It's happened even when solo, so I don't think it's a network issue (most actions do sync with the host but are client authoritative, the game isn't going to stop you from using an ability, parkouring, or shooting something with a weapon, it'll just relay your actions and position to others in the squad).

I think logging needs to be implemented to track the player's state better to isolate this; it currently sets whenever you transference in or out, but doesn't log the state of the warframe itself (despite tracking it internally for abilities and stuff). It somehow gets bugged, and gets stuck in an animation loop of just running in place. Having the "/unstuck" command reset player state would also help a lot, since the only workaround I've had consistently work is dying (and begging teammates to stop reviving you when downed because that doesn't seem to fix it) and that's really not a good solution.

I really hope they do get a chance to look into this further, it's one of the more annoying long-standing issues that can absolutely ruin the gameplay experience.

• Like 1

Update: Happened again with this week's archon hunt, oddly enough. Immediately after inserting the deacon veil it broke all functionality, and the only fix was dying (in this case, using last stand resolved it by forcing me to go into drifter state). Nothing in logs shows any related error, unfortunately. Was using Nekros with desecrate / gloom both active, but honestly I don't even know if that matters because there's not enough information in logs to determine what caused it.

• Like 1

A couple of months ago I encountered an extremely mean version of this bug: can't turn, can't sprint, can't jump, can't use 1-5, can't shoot, can't open the chat window to tell my squad what happened to me, can't open the pause menu to leave the game.

Had to Alt+F4.

Happened after going in and out of Operator to proc Poise (which didn't even proc btw lel).

Client, Grendel.

Bumping this cause it happened to me today. June 12th 2023

1) Was in duviri circuit with 2 randoms as a CLIENT (number "2" in the upper-right corner of the screen)
2) Got killed (not stunned) by an enemy
3) Self-revived
4) Could use abilities
5) Went into operator mode, pressed "1" once for a quick Energy Well
6) Unable to use abilities as Loki, had enough Energy ;
Unable to shoot, had enough ammo ;
Could not pick up energy cells for the Excavators
Could reload my weapon, roll, slide, (didn't try to bullet jump) and double jump
7) Tried to jump into the void below, did not help
8) Typed "/unstuck", the chat confirmed I was now unstucked ; this did not resolve the game breaking bug
9) Tried to jump into the void below again, did not help
10) We finished the round of circuit and I left

This bug has existed for too long, I'm not a veteran player (got less than 1k hours) and even I have faced this bug too many times

Edit : If Clem found out about this, he would definitely be disappointed in DE

Edited by DecisRo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This bug I get constantly. Archon Hunts, Arbitrations, and Netracells all get ruined and I've found no workaround. Since teammates reviving you can't fix it, dying and failing the mission is pretty much the only option outside of teammates collecting those revive tokens in Arbitrations. This is probably the worst bug in the game right now and it makes it downright unplayable sometimes. Almost failed a Sortie just now because of it too. 

• 2 weeks later...

this bug is so horrible. failed a few archons due to it. not exactly sure what happens as im not paying much attention to pickups, rolls etc, but its always after i come out of operator.

possibly after using an ability and going into frame quickly? whatever it is it drives me mad and its even worse that this has been around for so long lol..

Bump!

Must have happened to me three times or so in the last few weeks -- one of those within the last hour. I'm honestly rarely in multiplayer though, but I half-spam transference throughout missions.

Similar to what everyone else has been reporting, I was a client with a friend hosting the squad. As far as I can remember, all I did was a backflip-pickup over a Bellow Voca and I (am fairly sure that I) wasn't using any frame abilities at the time. Primed Sure Footed too so it shouldn't have been knocked down... 😔

Just like Archon Hunts, dying in Netracells isn't a feasible option for undoing this animation-lock jank. Hopefully the devs have eyes on this, especially with more late-game missions coming out that don't really allow for unpunished revives. I'd hate for this to happen in any stage of the Archimedea.