Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

DOT proc kills don't trigger certain on-kill effects

(PSN)K-dis_Boher

I don't know how widespread this issue is, but I first learned of this type of bug from this video:

https://youtu.be/KQOfQboyimw

And that made me realize something I've known for months may have actually been a bug this whole time: the Carnis set bonus does not trigger off of heavy attack-inflicted DOT proc kills, even though the weapon it's "meant for" the Quassus, is made for heavy attack DOT (slash) proc kills; and further testing with Nepheri with nothing but Spinning Needle and Carnis Mandible equipped yields the same results meaning it's not an issue exclusive to the Quassus

I've also noticed that the Pennant ATK speed passive ALSO doesn't trigger from the innate HA slash proc from Wise Razor

I don't know whether this is intended, but the video makes me to believe it is all part of a rampant, underlying bug with DOT kills

If anyone has more insight or examples please do tell

I confirmed that Battacor isn't charging up with dot kills.  I tested all of them--slash, heat, toxin, electric, and gas.  And the Carnis Set bonus isn't activating with bleed kills on the Slaytra.  (I didn't test other dots.)

There probably is a lot of similar stuff that isn't working.   But I did look at the Galvanized rifle mods and the three original primary weapon arcanes and at least those were working with dots.  (Well, same as always with Deadhead and Scope, where only gas/electric procs work.)  Same with the melee and primary charger arcanes and Pistoleer.  (Gas/electric only with the latter.)

Only pattern I'm seeing is that so far it's always associated with an effect that's inherent to a weapon or modded on to one. 

edit: ok, kinda scratch that, because Carnis Carapace is a frame mod and doesn't work with dots either.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

This has been reported many times in the past, there are countless instances of this kind of effect not working with DoT procs - for example Sharpshooter and Arcane Pistoleer.

Sure.  But the Battacor and Sepulcrum weren't originally like this.  I was pleasantly surprised  when I figured out dot kills did count.

Since they acknowledged the issue with Sepulcrum, I've got some hope this version of the bug won't take ages to fix.  Let alone be excused or ignored as intended behavior.

Archived