Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Market Bundle Retirements

[DE]Ronnie

On 2022-11-17 at 3:42 AM, Scholar_Andrew said:

Cool, now remove predatory and platinum wasting items, such as credits, mods, and most (if not all) resources. 

I'm curious what you would list as predatory? While I don't think credits, mods or resources are necessarily worth buying for plat (though I have bought a resource here and there when I needed 1 and didn't want to farm before logging off, though that's been a while due to stockpiles) I don't think it's predatory.

If I remember correctly credits in the market at least was explicitly requested by players and DE originally didn't even want to do it.

On 2022-11-17 at 9:43 AM, VladYvhv said:

Indeed. The stuff like 10 plat for 1 morphics is so much of a price gouge that I wouldn't joke about it because that would cheapen the impact of how unfair that pricing is. Helminth needs 40 morphics to make some bile. Maybe kick up the amount of resources and knock down the prices. Like 5 plat for 40 morphics would be much more fair.

I honestly always thought the high prices on resources was because they'd rather you play the game to get resources. I feel like if they make them too cheap it makes farming them a far worse way to get them. If they were that cheap I'd probably just farm prime parts, sell them for plat and buy all my resources instead of actually farming for any resources. Hell, I probably wouldn't even need to actively farm for the plat and using just what I have sitting in my account would probably buy me all the resources I'd ever have to farm (And my resources mostly go to my dojo decorations, just for examples sake I've donated over 1,600 morphics to my dojo almost entirely for decorations. And I've still got over 900 in my inventory and have almost everything in the game already crafted). And I don't think helminth is the best thing to use for a price point because it's intended to consume stockpiles of resources that veterans have sitting there not being used, it's just something nice [and optional] for people to waste resources on.

On 2022-11-20 at 1:08 AM, NecroPed said:

I honestly always thought the high prices on resources was because they'd rather you play the game to get resources. I feel like if they make them too cheap it makes farming them a far worse way to get them. If they were that cheap I'd probably just farm prime parts, sell them for plat and buy all my resources instead of actually farming for any resources. Hell, I probably wouldn't even need to actively farm for the plat and using just what I have sitting in my account would probably buy me all the resources I'd ever have to farm (And my resources mostly go to my dojo decorations, just for examples sake I've donated over 1,600 morphics to my dojo almost entirely for decorations. And I've still got over 900 in my inventory and have almost everything in the game already crafted). And I don't think helminth is the best thing to use for a price point because it's intended to consume stockpiles of resources that veterans have sitting there not being used, it's just something nice [and optional] for people to waste resources on.

Honestly, if they don't want people buying resources, then they should remove those resources from the market. That solves 2 issues: The prices being seen as a case of extremely unfair priceing by the players, and the devs' intention that people not buy those resources.

Talk to anyone about how to do most anything, and you're going to get inundated with suggestions for builds requiring helminth subsumed abilities, This is what the vets are telling us non-vets. And sadly, the helminth uses tons of bile for everything. Including 50% bile being used to remove archon shards, should one have made a mistake with socketing a shard, or have gotten better shards and want to re-socket some to better optimize their layout. You shouldn't have to be a vet to play the game. There are people like myself who are only a few months into the game, have most stuff unlocked, and are trying to build up these big stockpiles that vets have accumulated. But... We also don't have all the other awesome stuff, or don't have it optimized. Between bad RNG rolls, general lack of plat for trading on warframe.market, and sometimes just plain not enough free time to have as much stuff farmed up as we'd like. I've had times where it took over 40 missions to obtain 40 morphics. That's a hell of a grind, thanks to RNG screw.

4 hours ago, VladYvhv said:

Honestly, if they don't want people buying resources, then they should remove those resources from the market. That solves 2 issues: The prices being seen as a case of extremely unfair priceing by the players, and the devs' intention that people not buy those resources.

Talk to anyone about how to do most anything, and you're going to get inundated with suggestions for builds requiring helminth subsumed abilities, This is what the vets are telling us non-vets. And sadly, the helminth uses tons of bile for everything. Including 50% bile being used to remove archon shards, should one have made a mistake with socketing a shard, or have gotten better shards and want to re-socket some to better optimize their layout. You shouldn't have to be a vet to play the game. There are people like myself who are only a few months into the game, have most stuff unlocked, and are trying to build up these big stockpiles that vets have accumulated. But... We also don't have all the other awesome stuff, or don't have it optimized. Between bad RNG rolls, general lack of plat for trading on warframe.market, and sometimes just plain not enough free time to have as much stuff farmed up as we'd like. I've had times where it took over 40 missions to obtain 40 morphics. That's a hell of a grind, thanks to RNG screw.

I get where you're coming from but I honestly think it's pretty helpful being able to buy a resource or two even if it's expensive. There's been plenty of times I wanted to put something on build before going to bed but didn't have the energy to farm it so I just bought it. Considering farming is a big part of the game I personally think a high price to incentivize farming rather than spending while still being an option to spend is fine. I don't think it should be something that is relied on heavily, but I would be disappointed if it wasn't an option. It's especially helpful for returning players who want to try out new gear etc. but are a little lost in all of warframes content. 

Sure, there are plenty of things you could do with helminth, but it's not really necessary for any content. I'm a vet and I still go into steel path and archon hunts without helminth set ups. I agree that you shouldn't have to be a vet to play the game, but it doesn't mean some of the content can't be built around veterans. And all the stuff that helminth is providing is just nice little extras, I can understand wanting to be able to get in and test things out and it can use a fair bit of resources, but you can easily get to a point where the resources basically don't matter. Railjack is one way to stockpile easily, (And I know this takes a fair bit of resources to get as well but it's an achievable grind for non veterans and they can even join someone elses railjack too) I've stocked up so many resources from railjack that I don't really even have to touch my other resources for the most part, I usually only use my other resources to remove the negative from using the same resource. 

There are some ways you could make your grind much easier, the main one being smeeta kavat. I can come out of a single 40 minute survival mission with over 100 morphics sometimes due to smeeta (And I usually use resource booster too but smeeta does more). It has a double resource proc that lasts 120 seconds (And can be extended with a mod to about 150 seconds I think) and can stack multiple times, smeeta ability has a chance to proc every 30 seconds I believe, so if you get lucky you can get several double resource procs before the first runs out. And it also has an ability that just gives you some of the rare resources from the planet you're on (Sometimes I can get enough argon crystal for everything I need from a single capture mission because of this ability), if this triggers just a couple times in a mission you should be getting a lot of morphics over time. I know it can be pretty grindy, but there are ways to make it a lot better. And if you actively do a farming run with a team you'll get a lot too. Going in with khora, nekros, nova (Just to speed up enemies) results in a lot of resources from a single run even without a smeeta.

You can also use extractors on planets to try get some morphics passively. You need to have all nodes unlocked which is a pretty easy goal, though I'm not sure on how to get the extractors as I got most of mine from prime access, but I'm pretty sure they're not hard to obtain. If you use extractors every time you log in you should get a decent amount in the long run. 

• 1 month later...

Ok I get that bundles fall out of favour after a while but some of the retired bundle's choices make no sense to me. I would 100% pick the stealth pack to keep over the Forged Artistry Weapon Pack for instance. Also, I had the now retired Grineer Assault bundle in my wish list and now I can't remove it.

Finally, are there any plans to retire other bundles at this time? 

update: still having some of the retired bundles showing up in my wish list if viewed from my profile. Also shows up in market if you go to an item in one of the retired bundles such as Banshee will show the Dead silence pack and Grakata will show you Grineer Assault pack. Not game breaking but it’s definitely a bit annoying. 

Archived