Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Market Bundle Retirements

[DE]Ronnie

Hello Tenno, 

The team has reviewed the in-game Market and its many offerings with the intent to retire less-popular Bundles. The following Bundles will be discounted for a limited time and then retired a week later from the In-game Market (individual items still available): 

Week 1- November 16th 2022 @ 11 am EST

• Female Helmet Pack
  • Stealth Pack

Week 2 - November 23rd 2022 @ 11 am EST

• Male Helmet Pack
  • Pistoleer Special

Week 3- December 7th 2022 @ 11 am EST

• Nyx Pack
  • Supreme Soma Set

Week 4- December 14 2022 @ 11 am EST

• Fortuna Poster Pack 
  • Grineer Assault

Week 5 - December 21 2022 @ 11 am EST

• Dead Silence Pack
  • Ballistic Blades Bundle

31 minutes ago, Quest said:

Careful what you wish for

I've already wished this when they originally hard locked Helminth behind 6+ hours of pokemon minigame. Many players wished, DE wisely granted, adding tags for plat to the Son NPC vendor, enabling us to skip the busywork and get to the fun part. Everyone was happy, the drama went away. Why didn't DE do that this time?

54 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

there's no point in deleting just two every week, its best to just delete all of them immediately. not like anyone who can read actually bought them.

2 every week gives people time to buy plat and the packs without failing to pay their bills I guess. You never know, someone may have had their eye on one and saving up for it, and will be grateful that they can buy it for cheap before it's gone forever. Presumably I'm betting they're deleting some of the least popular ones first. And some whiny people complained about Nightwave ending without spending their credits before, so I'm guessing this (like the in game countdown) is just their warning to players before it's gone.

This way it's definitively players' own faults if they don't take advantage of the deal while it's cheap.

How popular is the massive kuva lich bundle? That would be my first thought as one of the least bought bundles since it is so gosh darn expensive compared to everything else in the market.

Is there a chance that bundle could be broken up into a bunch of smaller bundles so that people don't have to fork that hefty amount of plat for select items in it like the color palette for example?

3 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

2 every week gives people time to buy plat and the packs without failing to pay their bills I guess. You never know, someone may have had their eye on one and saving up for it, and will be grateful that they can buy it for cheap before it's gone forever. Presumably I'm betting they're deleting some of the least popular ones first. And some whiny people complained about Nightwave ending without spending their credits before, so I'm guessing this (like the in game countdown) is just their warning to players before it's gone.

This way it's definitively players' own faults if they don't take advantage of the deal while it's cheap.

Not quite. Some people may be on a fixed income, thus simply can't budget more than a set amount for gaming or anything else once per month. Also, if you don't have a credit card, it takes a full week for a bank transfer to paypal, then to steam, to buy plat. This is why some of us find the current time limit on plat coupons insulting. 2 days is simply not long enough to have the money free, even if the money is in the bank. I advocate for said coupons having a Darvo resource alternative, in case the coupon is useless to you.

4 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

so....... what about all of the other packs and stuff that are a complete waste of plat (there's like a good 50 of them)? and there's no point in deleting just two every week, its best to just delete all of them immediately. not like anyone who can read actually bought them.

There's a lot of them that if you do the math do save plat vs if you bought stuff separately. And not everyone gets off on grinding for things. If the process was pleasent to get some of the things people are willing to pay plat for, it wouldn't be called "grinding". It's called that because the process grinds away at your soul. Same reason a thankless daily routine is called "the grind".

4 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

It would be cool if we could buy Stock for plat, just like every other minigame grind can be skipped by paying plat.

There's so many other gameplay elements you CAN'T skip by throwing money at your TV/monitor, and are longer, but why should this one become predatory? Instead of selling you a solution, they could instead make a better designed, properly paced mission(s), with better drop chances instead. Kahl missions are really not that bad, and ANYONE can do them compared to other missions. Show me a player that can take out Eidolons with the Moat amp and no Madurai experience/focus.

There are way worse things that need fixed, reworked, and paced better, that it will NEVER happen. Hell, they're taking MONTHS to address damage attenuation, with ZERO feedback of what they're wanting to do with it, and going MONTHS and YEARS without patching issues, and the Switch version got the S#&$ end of the stick with that until recently. Also, where is the much anticipated, and asked for, crossplay? What/where are they in development? I think people are tired of being locked to a platform like Switch (or it's the only way they can play it), where the player pools are laughably small. By the time it hits 10pm locally for me, the game is dead... Also, no one wants P2W with Kahl missions, if we don't have it for NW...

12 minutes ago, VladYvhv said:

There's a lot of them that if you do the math do save plat vs if you bought stuff separately. And not everyone gets off on grinding for things. If the process was pleasent to get some of the things people are willing to pay plat for, it wouldn't be called "grinding". It's called that because the process grinds away at your soul. Same reason a thankless daily routine is called "the grind".

It's called a grind, because DE made it a grind... Players don't have a whole lot of options to increase drop rates naturally. So instead of them making said grind easier/better paced, they sell you the solution instead, or is a trap for early players where it requires these materials to make frames that can't be farmed on the first 3 plantes where you framed the frames, and the drop rates were ass for some years ago too. Deimos helped with early plastids, but is still not ideal for a noob. It's predatory full stop...

3 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

How popular is the massive kuva lich bundle? That would be my first thought as one of the least bought bundles since it is so gosh darn expensive compared to everything else in the market.

Is there a chance that bundle could be broken up into a bunch of smaller bundles so that people don't have to fork that hefty amount of plat for select items in it like the color palette for example?

Got mines and I believe they only selecting bundles they actually can be purchased individually, obtained normally via gameplay or nightwave blueprints. Bundle you speak of involves lots of exclusives that would not fall under that category. Its price is not bad and its more of a goal purchase if one is really interested. Similar to hunhow. Was forever in my wishlist until I finally decided I had the funds and I could finally use fashion ideas for the armor to use. 

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Master2873 said:

It's called a grind, because DE made it a grind... Players don't have a whole lot of options to increase drop rates naturally. So instead of them making said grind easier/better paced, they sell you the solution instead, or is a trap for early players where it requires these materials to make frames that can't be farmed on the first 3 plantes where you framed the frames, and the drop rates were ass for some years ago too. Deimos helped with early plastids, but is still not ideal for a noob. It's predatory full stop...

I was referring to the use of the word "grinding" as a whole. Why the word is used, instead of simply "farming". Farmable stuff is fine, because you often get what you need well enough. But stuff that requires grinding, is so much farming that it requires the use of a harsher term to convey how un-fun the setup is.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Got mines and I believe they only selecting bundles they actually can be purchased individually, obtained normally via gameplay or nightwave blueprints. Bundle you speak of involves lots of exclusives that would not fall under that category. 

Yeah true, the exclusive items probably doesn't make it worthwhile to discontinue. Still would be nice to have it broken up into smaller bundles.

Plus the high pricetag probably means there are a lot of people that buying it just for the lols over something that has very beginner weapons so probably a more unusual popular item. Also curious if this holds up for the plat for resources or plat for credits options that are available in the market. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

See that I have never done. Its not even worth it. 

Indeed. The stuff like 10 plat for 1 morphics is so much of a price gouge that I wouldn't joke about it because that would cheapen the impact of how unfair that pricing is. Helminth needs 40 morphics to make some bile. Maybe kick up the amount of resources and knock down the prices. Like 5 plat for 40 morphics would be much more fair.

2 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Can you also make it so if we already own items in any bundle (including those not listed), those bundles are discounted by said amount? It's a real pain to deal with support for something like this.

This would really make a lot of bundles attractive. Also, it might be a way to get around the issue with the What Stalker? bundle, which locks you from buying it if you own the smoke color palette. That's one bundle that some of us want to buy, but can't because DE won't let us own a second copy of the color palette. Why buy this? Because the bow is the only blueprint that's dropping for most people, and none of the weapon blueprints are tradable.

1 hour ago, VladYvhv said:

I was referring to the use of the word "grinding" as a whole. Why the word is used, instead of simply "farming". Farmable stuff is fine, because you often get what you need well enough. But stuff that requires grinding, is so much farming that it requires the use of a harsher term to convey how un-fun the setup is.

Yeah, that doesn't mean my point isn't valid either, but I understand what you mean. I honestly believe older systems like the Toroid farming, should be made simpler, and add some QoL stuff. Same with debt bonds, and apothic farming. If there is anything that DE should copy from other games, it's time of day for Earth nodes. It should be like Monster Hunter where you select the time of day when selecting the node, and possibly just allow the player to pick up the materials instead of scanning them to get them. Which to me makes ZERO sense since a majority of other materials can be picked up, and you can even blow up Maprico Trees in PoE, to get the Mapricos/fruit from the tree. That, or allow more sources of Growing power to drop. Same can also be said about Ayatan Stars. These should be affected by vacuum. This alone can not only increase pacing of the game, and bring QoL changes, it can also fix issues where you can't pick them up for whatever reason. Intact sentient cores are able to be hit by vacuum, along with Steel Essence, Arbitration Essence, fully built formas from chaches, and more.

My point is, I'd rather see older systems get the QoL updates they need, instead of trying to sell the solutions to the player that fixes  problems DE created... So on top of them slef patting themselves on the back for the sold soultion, they're also making money off of it... Not to mention, a resource doubler would be far more beneficial than it would to buy materials outright as you need the MANY that are currently in the game. Or how about those percent off coupons not working on slots, or doublers?! There's no reason for that except greed, or the fact the only free slots you can get is weapon, and frame slots. Not Archwing, companion, Arch weapons, and vehicle slots.

Before anyone can also say too that you can trade for plat, issue is, you kinda need a player base for that, and it's currently dying hard on Switch, and cross play has hardly ANY news for the future, and is only going to exist because of development for Soul Frame. Cross play should have started being implemented years ago, and by holding off as long as they did, they made thier job harder.

edit: I forgot to mention even. Instead of developing crossplay with a large group of devs, they chose to continue working on while also working full time on a whole new game. The one thing that would make sure the game was at least slightly relevant, and makes sure you have a player base to play with was an after thought 9 years in...

2 hours ago, VladYvhv said:

I know that there are some packs that are worth it (mostly cosmetic stuff like deluxe skin and armor bundles), but the sheer amount of garbage value bundles that are out there is insane. most of them having a frame (which are very easy to get) and two weapons (which are literally free). there's also the resources that are like 30p for 450 of something you can get just by playing a mission and the mod bundles (which tons of people have these and give them out for free) and the plat to credit bundles that people buy only for the meme because of how bad it is.

3 hours ago, VladYvhv said:

Like 5 plat for 40 morphics would be much more fair.

Yeah imo that wouldnt be fair or make any since simply because thats a uncommon resource droping 1at a time so 5 for 40 is not close to reasonable and also many arent actually needed to craft everything in game. Feeding Helmith is a privilege, choice and not a necessity. 

In general, like many of us who play the game its just better to farm regularly or with help of a booster. In the components section, only really need to keep formas adapters gravimags lens potatoes and anything from alerts or missions rewards that aren't actually found as lootable. Maybe tellerium can stay cause they can be a pain when you need 1

3 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Can you also make it so if we already own items in any bundle (including those not listed), those bundles are discounted by said amount? It's a real pain to deal with support for something like this.

Wouldn't it just be better to just buy the thing you're missing seperate. Only time not available if it's deluxe bundles. If you brought skin with a discount and later down the road decide to purchase bundle for exclusives, it wouldnt be considered an accidental purchase or reason to get discounted. Support don't usually handle.

Definitely would be a nice feature for those situations. 

4 hours ago, VladYvhv said:

Not quite. Some people may be on a fixed income, thus simply can't budget more than a set amount for gaming or anything else once per month. Also, if you don't have a credit card, it takes a full week for a bank transfer to paypal, then to steam, to buy plat. This is why some of us find the current time limit on plat coupons insulting. 2 days is simply not long enough to have the money free, even if the money is in the bank. I advocate for said coupons having a Darvo resource alternative, in case the coupon is useless to you.

If you're on a fixed income to the point that you can't just have 5-25 bucks in your steam wallet waiting for a Warframe plat coupon, then maybe you shouldn't be buying microtransactions in a videogame. (I don't say this as a privileged rich person, I'm uh, worse than broke right now, lol)

Archived