Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Destroying crewships with any weapons.

Frendh

Can you please let us kill crewships with anything that does damage? It makes no sense if you can get a crewship to ~0 health with a turret alone but then not be able to finish it off. Anything that does damage should be able to destroy a crewship. Killing with archguns, archwing abilities, ordinance, turrets, railjack abilities should all be optional. I am not saying buff the damage to make it possible. Just remove the block that prevents us from finishing off the crewships with anything other than artillery.

The artillery cannon just feels like a dumb gimmick. Sure, keep it there and change the damage scales if you feel a need to force players to use it. But people should feel a need to use it because it does more damage. Not because it is a forced and illogical mechanic.

To Frendh,

To briefly sum up your wish : "I am lazy, let me destroy it in one go" then after you main argument are "I think it is a stupid and it's illogic".

Your are wrong in two way : it's not illogic since your Railjack is the same type of crewship and it does not blow up when at 0 HP. You have the possibility to make repair unless taking far too much it. You proposition could be logic if at 0Hp Railjack mission is considered failed as the railjack explose as the crewship does... an option NO players wil accept.

Your only argument are your are lazy, you don't like it but you have no valid reason beside it and also no real alternative to it.

I Like using the main canon to finish off enemies and it give more weight to Crewship in comparison of fighters. using Turrets for fighters, One well paced Tungusta shot for Crewship and multiples ones for a Galleon or a Capital ship; THIS is logical ! This is intelligent and it is exactly what we have. What you want is a fighters only missions that a lot of players asked for to do easy forming but this possibility was denied to prevent exploit...

I am against such choice and then against your proposition. And to be clear , I made this (next image) by mistake but I don't want it to be possible :

3b6zzhS.jpg

Yes the number is 3758 fighters kills after forgetting to close a mission and having my crew fight for more than 2 hours as I was playing some Tabletop RPG.

3 hours ago, Frendh said:

Sure, keep it there and change the damage scales if you feel a need to force players to use it. But people should feel a need to use it because it does more damage. Not because it is a forced and illogical mechanic.

@RLanzingerDid you miss this part? I can go into further detail and explain it more clearly if you wish to.

33 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

I am lazy

Yes, I am.

15 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

You don't have to reach 0 health to 1 shot the enemy crewship with the main gun. A single shot right in the engine will do the trick even at full health.

I meant if you use any other means than artillery to get the crewship to 0 hp you still need to switch to artillery. A single shot to the hull one shots full health crewships for me. I was saying it is better to for instance scale crewship EHP 10 times higher and the artillery 10 times more damage. Then remove the the gimmicky role of the artillery by enabling all damage sources to destroy a crewship.

Archived