The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Why does the next-gen version of this game still perform so poorly, despite being out for two years now?

(PSN)thomasthesackboy

since I updated the game and tried to go to hydron on sedna, the preformance is slower than before! usually the game is fast enough for you to at least go to more waves, but now the preformance is slow! the loading of other players is atrocious! and this is to the point where you can't play warframe with all 4 players anymore and it is now even worse when ammo is now nerft! I kept restarting and restarting in hopes I could get this peace of S#&$ to work, but it did absolutely nothing! de you screwed it up, and everybody who has updated this is having the same problems as what I was having! FIX! IT! 

Hallo
Ich habe Probleme mit den FPS in Warframe auf der PS 5.
Meistens habe ich 59FPS bei Warframe.
Aber in manchen Bereichen des Spiels wie zum Beispiel im Drifter Camp,da habe ich nur 47 FPS und es kommt zum Tearing ! Auch in Railjack Missionen ist das so ! Warum ??
Könnt ihr das nicht Optimieren ? In anderen Bereichen ist ja auch alles in Ordnung.
Aber wenn ich auf der PS 5 die Anwendung für die PS 4 von Warframe starte,dann habe ich überall 60 FPS ! Hat das was mit der Anwendung für die PS 5 zu tun ??
An meinem TV kann es definitiv nicht liegen,habe ein OLED 4K und an der PS 5 kann es auch nicht liegen. Es muss an der Anwendung Speziell die für die PS 5 liegen !
Bitte um Hilfe
Danke

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well another month another post about the terrible optimization on ps5. I literally just logged off after going to orb valis and the massive fps drop and screen tearing is horrible! This happens in all open worlds, the zarimon, railjack, the orbiter at khals camp and his camp and other tile sets. It also happens as soon as effects appear on the screen, more so from aoe weapons, why is this still a thing in 2022! Flickering textures that are reflective flash on and off, fps drops as soon as effects are flying around, I also have particles turned off, only helps a little, this shouldn't be happening! Since 2014 Ive played this game and supported it financially as best I can but at this moment I can not enjoy the game because of performance problems, please fix the game DE.

• 1 month later...

I've played this game on PlayStation since the day it came out. I completely understand why it ran poorly on PS4. I also understand why it ran poorly on the Pro. The performance of both of those consoles was so abysmal that it led me back to PC gaming for the first time since C&C: Red Alert. My PC is obviously more powerful than my PS5 is, but the PS5 is a perfectly capable machine. I can't even turn around in the orbiter without it being choppy. My system has an ambient temp of 77f directly next to it, with a high CFM fan for overkill ventilation, that I use to take advantage of unlocked frame rates. It's not my system. It's the game.

The Pro didn't save it. The PS5 didn't save it. VRR doesn't even save it (it doesn't even seem to work, from what I can tell). I was hoping that we'd eventually get an unlocked option, but they can't even get 60Hz right. Why does this game, that can be ran on a toaster, run so awfully on the PS5? Sure, I can wait for cross-save, and am, but I'd still like to play on my PS5 from time to time. It's frustrating.

I can play Miles Morales in high refresh just fine. I can play Ragnarok in high refresh just fine. Buttery smooth VRR. I can't even turn my camera in the orbiter in this game. Something clearly isn't working correctly.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Texas_Twurk_Team said:

I have no idea what this says but I'm pretty sure I agree. Going from a game like Miles Morales, or Ragnarok, to this, it's overwhelmingly apparent that something isn't running correctly. Two years now the PS5 client has been out. It still runs as poorly as it did on PS4.

Yea bro the screen tearing is horrible

Can anyone experiencing performance issues on PS5 please check that you're launching the PS5 version of Warframe? You can confirm this by looking at the Warframe icon on the home screen. If there's a PS4 logo next to the icon, you're launching the PS4 version of the game. We recommend installing the PS5 version for optimal performance.

We are in the process of investigating improvements for all consoles, but in the meantime, running the PS5 version will ensure that you get the most out of the system.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Can anyone experiencing performance issues on PS5 please check that you're launching the PS5 version of Warframe? You can confirm this by looking at the Warframe icon on the home screen. If there's a PS4 logo next to the icon, you're launching the PS4 version of the game. We recommend installing the PS5 version for optimal performance.

We are in the process of investigating improvements for all consoles, but in the meantime, running the PS5 version will ensure that you get the most out of the system.

Thanks!

I am running the ps5 version. The problem with screen tearing and fps drops mainly happens in the open worlds, railjack, the zariman, khals camp and the front of the orbiter at khals camp. AOE weapons also cause tearing to happen, it also happens in relays that have tenno standing around. When I'm in my dojo it's really smooth and it has a lot decorations in. Flickering textures is also a problem on ps5, particularly reflective textures. I've played the game a long time and just want it to be the best it can. Oh tearing is also pretty bad on the earth tileset. Thanks for the reply DE.

Archived