Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for a conclave upgrade

DreBerg

Hello Tenno,

These are some changes i would like to see in conclave, please let me know how you feel about them

• I think conclave should be updated, so that players use only modular weapons such as zaws, kitguns and Amp.
  • The reward for the conclave matches should be primed modular weapon parts, with varied stats and conclave mods.
  • Players can use conclave earned modular parts to build powerful weapons to fight in the conclave. (No need for new weapons to be added in the game for conclave)
  • Select Weapons from PVE should be allowed to be used in conclave weekly. (One of each type, just so players can used their current arsenal is game mode)
  • Players should be given different ranks (call them teshin ranks, if you may), that we can wear on our warframe proudly, to show our dominance in conclave.
  • Conclave should have an operator-only game mode
  • Conclave weapons can be used in PVE, if they can be purified using a new resource, that players farm from playing conclave matches.

1 hour ago, DreBerg said:

I think conclave should be updated, so that players use only modular weapons such as zaws, kitguns and Amp.

I'd rather see weapons with Conclave skins just be given to players for Conclave usage. It's a pretty fair set, and gives a good reason why those weapons have skins. No PvE farming, crafting, formaing, catalysts, or whatever else. (Personally, I'd take out modding, too. The sooner players can hop into a match, and the less behind-the-scenes malarky occurs, the better.)

The reward for the conclave matches should be primed modular weapon parts, with varied stats and conclave mods.

Players can use conclave earned modular parts to build powerful weapons to fight in the conclave. (No need for new weapons to be added in the game for conclave)

PvP gear should stay on equal footing—as close to equal as possible—so that it's down to skill, not weapon power.

Select Weapons from PVE should be allowed to be used in conclave weekly. (One of each type, just so players can used their current arsenal is game mode)

This kind of undoes the main benefit of the first point, which is ensuring players are on equal (gear) footing from the onset.

Players should be given different ranks (call them teshin ranks, if you may), that we can wear on our warframe proudly, to show our dominance in conclave.

We got rank-locked sigils. It's pretty much this idea in a nutshell.

Conclave should have an operator-only game mode

I'm not personally a fan, since it's locked behind a good bit of progression in the game's story while an MR0 can hop into existing Conclave. Would prefer other variant modes to make a return.

Conclave weapons can be used in PVE, if they can be purified using a new resource, that players farm from playing conclave matches.

This gets into "making people play Conclave" territory. It's an awkward balancing act: you want to incentivize people to play Conclave, but you don't want them to feel like they have to. Otherwise they're miserable and, because it's a competitive thing you can't suffer through solo, it easily makes others miserable too. I'd know, that's me in my completionist streak.

That's why it sticks to things that either A: have a PvE means of acquisition or B: don't impact PvE, like cosmetics. It's also why I've pushed for making Conclave things tradeable, since you're maintaining the same number of hours of playtime from someone, but allowing the person who abhors PvP to avoid it and encourages the people who enjoy PvP to play it. Makes it much safer to add things like Conclave-farmable items, too.

1 hour ago, Tyreaus said:

That's why it sticks to things that either A: have a PvE means of acquisition or B: don't impact PvE, like cosmetics. It's also why I've pushed for making Conclave things tradeable, since you're maintaining the same number of hours of playtime from someone, but allowing the person who abhors PvP to avoid it and encourages the people who enjoy PvP to play it. Makes it much safer to add things like Conclave-farmable items, too.

I think it's necessary to point out that making Conclave the most effective means to acquire something that's usable in PvE is just inviting people to either cheese progression with a buddy or, in extreme cases, cheat. You don't want to invite farming PvE types into a PvP gamemode. It will end badly.

What they should implement is the ability to unlock weapons and frames that are usable in Conclave from Conclave. Move the warframes from all the way in rank f***ing 5 to a more reasonable rank 2. (Seriously, who the hell unlocks rank 5 conclave and decides "hmmm, guess I should buy a fully built volt!"?) Another thing they could add is PvE augment mods like those you can acquire from syndicates. I think it's fair to be able to unlock otherwise restricted items through PvP rather than having to unlock them in PvE or trade for them. This way you have a motivation to get into conclave (getting new loka mods as an arbiters member for example) and stay in conclave (small profits from selling to PvE players) so the time doesn't feel like as much of a "waste".

5 hours ago, thetdw2000 said:

I think it's necessary to point out that making Conclave the most effective means to acquire something that's usable in PvE is just inviting people to either cheese progression with a buddy or, in extreme cases, cheat. You don't want to invite farming PvE types into a PvP gamemode. It will end badly.

This reminds me of a time I ran into a player, who was either cheating or abusing cheese tactics really hard, who—after everyone else had left the match—explained to me that they were in it for farming augment mods from Conclave.

This gives me a solid re-think on what I wrote about trading, and whether that would actually be better. Even with trading, you're right: if PvP is the better way to go, it really does seem to open the door to abuse.

Ultimately, I feel the kill-heavy emphasis on standing gain is a core reason that sort of situation comes about. Rewards do factor into it too, of course. But if someone really wants a trash, low-poly weapon skin, they're just as likely to cheat as someone doing it for a million real-world dollars. It's just that the former person is less likely to exist than the latter. Conversely, if you have something that eases off the killing and emphasizes participation, both are less likely to cheat their way: it's simply less worthwhile to do so.

6 hours ago, thetdw2000 said:

What they should implement is the ability to unlock weapons and frames that are usable in Conclave from Conclave. Move the warframes from all the way in rank f***ing 5 to a more reasonable rank 2. (Seriously, who the hell unlocks rank 5 conclave and decides "hmmm, guess I should buy a fully built volt!"?) Another thing they could add is PvE augment mods like those you can acquire from syndicates. I think it's fair to be able to unlock otherwise restricted items through PvP rather than having to unlock them in PvE or trade for them. This way you have a motivation to get into conclave (getting new loka mods as an arbiters member for example) and stay in conclave (small profits from selling to PvE players) so the time doesn't feel like as much of a "waste".

To add: revising the current resource drops. 500 Nano Spores for 10 minutes play isn't terribly worthwhile—and at a 12.65% drop chance, at that. And it's completely lacking relic drops.

Not every incentive need be an unlock via Teshin's shop, after all. And if you're swimming in cryotic win, lose, or draw, you not only have a good reason to show up if you need cryotic, you also don't have a ton of incentive to cheat or cheese.

Archived