Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruption and hearing disability - need better visual indicator

Yggdrazzil

I cannot hear the Demolysts approach. The visual indicator isn't clear, gets lost in everything happening on screen.

I try to solve this by bringing fast kill builds with max enemy radar (magus lockdown, unairu for armor+shield strip, stropha for damage) and guarding the console but sometimes the demolysts still surprise me (I cannot look everywhere at the same time) and I lose the console.

People suggest I solve this by playing with a squad but 1) I dont want to mess consoles up for them 2) people really, really, really don't like it when I mess up consoles for them

Please provide a better visual indicator.

Learning the titlesets is a good way of utilizing the visual indicator. 

If you know a demolysts has to make a 90 degree turn, adjust your camera angle so that the visual indicator comes from the relative position of the demolyst before making that 90 degree turn and not pointing it a general direction. 

Demolysts also only come from a select couple of locations so you are able to easily scout them out this way. The extraction title is a very common one that I see.

Speaking of muted game sounds, cries in Lua Rescue.

I heavily agree that we need better indication. I have audio processing issues, and trying to identify the beeps is extremely hard most of the time even without the errant noise from ambiance and enemies, and there's been many times where I thought I heard the demolitionist only for it to essentially be my ears and mind playing tricks on me.

It's gotten to the point where I essentially scope out ~150m in each direction from the consoles because I can't really identify if and when I'm hearing the beeps sometimes even when I'm smack dab in front of the demolitionist.

I get part of the challenge is supposed to be that they're supposed to be found, but that makes it a lot less accessible to the folks who can't really rely on audio cues for whatever reason...

Bare minimum, the target marker should be visible as soon as the demolitionist spawns rather than only when someone finds it. It's not the best solution, but that's the absolute bare minimum stepping stone to addressing this problem.

And for the people who are inevitably going to question what I mean by "playing tricks on me", with my specific audio processing issues sometimes all audio just absolutely blends together regardless of volume, style, etc. So the ambiance, beeps, sfx, and enemy noises will just blend together to the point I can't really tell what's going on on a purely audio level.

Perhaps a solution would be having the game highlight a few entrances to the currently active conduit room, having a Tenno visit one of the entrances will either fade the marker out indicating the Demolyst isnt coming from that way or make it flash harder wile fading out the others should the player find the right one.

As example in Lua`s Power Drift room which you have 4 passages, 3 out of 4 would be highlighted.

Spoiler

neA4i6d.jpg
(Not my image)

Archived