Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if open world radiant quests were one of the best ways to farm affinity?

Sojufueled

Imagine if the open worlds had more radiant quests and that completing them gave sizable affinity rewards. So when, for instance you have a new warframe, you would want to go into a public open world game and fish or whatever until the radiant quests appeared where you'd meet up with other players in the game. It seems like a waste to me that there isn't much reason to run around these big zones without a very specific target activity. More and better radiant objectives would accommodate a more casual kind of flow state gameplay style and stop people from grinding themself to burn-out in Hydron.

Best way? No. There have to be alternatives. Not everyone likes to do for example open world. I prefer normal, strictly defined mission like survival. New lua survival had few things:

- focus (2.5 from one unit and from enemies)

- arcanes, frame, weapons

- new mechanics (strength/cast-speed buff, enemies that increase life support drain)

I don't know about you, OP, but after running through enough bounties in open world areas, I felt like they were more repetitive and boring than just grinding affinity in Hydron or (E)SO. The bounty missions sort of blend together into a bland mix that mostly boils down to "go to this specific spot and kill things for an arbitrary amount of time until I decide you can move onto the next thing".

Speaking of Hydron or (E)SO, these affinity bounties would have to be as rewarding as those for the same amount of time spent for players to even consider them.

Radiant quests? I don't know what that is. Are you talking about Narmer missions? Or the retake X town in Fortuna?

As for general affinity in open world:

Bringing in unlevelled frames there is a great place to level up your Warframe cause of the much higher affinity range at 200 meters than the standard 50 meters so you should always be in range of your squadmates to collect that sweet affinity. A great way of getting passive affinity gains while doing open world bounties. 

Thermia Fractures is touted as one of the best places to level up necramechs. I prefer to digress and think that railjack exterminate without the mobile defense side objectives is faster.

Generally speaking open world enemies are not a good source of affinity since the enemy density is a lot worse compared to regular gamemodes. Open worlds are a great sleeper source of simaris standing via stealth scans though.

If you are talking about doing open world activities like mining and fishing as a way of boosting affinity. Yeah adding good affinity gains there sounds like it could work out as long as it doesn't become the single best method. I would much rather love to see activities become a better method of obtaining standing than it is right now over just making it an affinity levelling method. 

Archived