Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two-handed/Heavy melee weapon stances need a buff to their multipliers

Skoomaseller

Title. There are quite a few heavy melee weapon stances (heavy blades, 2h nikanas, etc) that are in need of a damage multiplier buff in some of their combos.

Their DPS simply does not hold up when compared to lighter melee weapon stances. See: Final Harbinger, Sovereign Outcast, where the damage multiplier average can easily go over 400%.

This combined with heavy melee weapons generally having low attack speed (with atk speed mods on) means they are outclassed by melees with better stance multipliers (as mentioned above).

Examples of stances that could use a buff: Wise Razor, Butcher's Revelry, Cleaving Whirlwind.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Title. There are quite a few heavy melee weapon stances (heavy blades, 2h nikanas, etc) that are in need of a damage multiplier buff in some of their combos.

Their DPS simply does not hold up when compared to lighter melee weapon stances. See: Final Harbinger, Sovereign Outcast, where the damage multiplier average can easily go over 400%.

This combined with heavy melee weapons generally having low attack speed (with atk speed mods on) means they are outclassed by melees with better stance multipliers (as mentioned above).

Examples of stances that could use a buff: Wise Razor, Butcher's Revelry, Cleaving Whirlwind.

Thanks.

How about you compare the stances to the average instead of probably the best stance in the game like Sovereign Outcast?

Cleaving whirlwind has two combos at 500+%. Both combos have headshot attacks. Both rending crane and tempo royale are at 470+% with head shot attacks as well. And tempo royale has really nice animations, which is important. They are not in a need of a buff.

Wize razor has low multipliers. But the real problem for me are the bad animations. And since you only have the one stance to choose from it could really use the animation upgrade. But it is still nowhere as bad as shimmering blight.

2 hours ago, Frendh said:

How about you compare the stances to the average instead of probably the best stance in the game like Sovereign Outcast?

Cleaving whirlwind has two combos at 500+%. Both combos have headshot attacks. Both rending crane and tempo royale are at 470+% with head shot attacks as well. And tempo royale has really nice animations, which is important. They are not in a need of a buff.

Wize razor has low multipliers. But the real problem for me are the bad animations. And since you only have the one stance to choose from it could really use the animation upgrade. But it is still nowhere as bad as shimmering blight.

Was just an example. I could've said Swooping Falcon or Cyclone Kraken as well.

maybe put forced slash procs like Sovereign Outcast?

slas procs damage based on % of full damage (this way will be good for all, not just for galatine, gram, volnus,etc)

and I would like to see a buff in galatine prime, for me galatine need to be "the one" of heavy blades. "Only Tenno were strong enought to wield this noble beast of weapon"

and it´s my favorite melee

10 hours ago, (PSN)AgentBatuta007 said:

maybe put forced slash procs like Sovereign Outcast?

slas procs damage based on % of full damage (this way will be good for all, not just for galatine, gram, volnus,etc)

and I would like to see a buff in galatine prime, for me galatine need to be "the one" of heavy blades. "Only Tenno were strong enought to wield this noble beast of weapon"

and it´s my favorite melee

The Galatine and its prime has a place in my heart as one of my favourite two-handed melees.

What's funny is I believe a lot of stances did have forced procs but were removed with the introduction of melee 2.99...997. For what reason I still don't know.

12 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Was just an example. I could've said Swooping Falcon or Cyclone Kraken as well.

Cyclone Kraken is on par with Tempo Royale and Rending Crane but weaker than Cleaving Whirlwind. Swooping Falcon has a combo that is stronger than all Cleaving Whirlwind's combos. But on average on par with Cleaving whirlwind. Broken Bull's(cleaving whirlwind combo) numbers look really low  but the AoE is huge. I do not recall the animations for Swooping falcon.

I am guessing there are maybe around 5 stances that are noticeably stronger than the average. 

While all stances do not follow this the intent by DE is for the four main combos to follow a damage tier. Melee button(M) is the highest tier. Followed by M+Forward(F) then M+Block(B) then M+F+B. Or was M+B before M+F? Either way they planned a damage tier for them.

9 hours ago, Frendh said:

Cyclone Kraken is on par with Tempo Royale and Rending Crane but weaker than Cleaving Whirlwind. Swooping Falcon has a combo that is stronger than all Cleaving Whirlwind's combos. But on average on par with Cleaving whirlwind. Broken Bull's(cleaving whirlwind combo) numbers look really low  but the AoE is huge. I do not recall the animations for Swooping falcon.

I am guessing there are maybe around 5 stances that are noticeably stronger than the average. 

While all stances do not follow this the intent by DE is for the four main combos to follow a damage tier. Melee button(M) is the highest tier. Followed by M+Forward(F) then M+Block(B) then M+F+B. Or was M+B before M+F? Either way they planned a damage tier for them.

there are names for those combos. neutral, forward, block, forward block.

I'm not sure if DE ever explicitly said that the combos were to follow a damage tier. Even if it did some combos have very poor damage multipliers.

Archived