Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two-handed Nikana Stance

(PSN)c1234567890alvi

I think we all can agree that the main reasons why two-handed Nikanas are so unpopular, despite especially the Tenet Livia having insane stats, is the lack of a decent stance mod. Thus, I think I am not the only one who wants a new stance mod, ideally with wide and fast attacks, maybe a two-hand version of Blind Justice. 
So, please?

I'm getting sword&shield flashbacks. Didn't really like the 'Eleventh Storm' stance, therefore never used sword&shield weapons, until 'Final Harbinger' arrived. It looked badass. It was effective. Mostly because it gave so much mobility. Now that it barely gives any after the rework, the weapon lost its fun to me. 

As for Two-handed Nikanas. The moment they appeared, its base animations pretty much felt unfinished to me (parrying, finishers, default attacks). Not much changed since then, and the stance didn't help much.
You get zero movement from attacks, and the only attack that actually moves you forward (first rmb+w attack) is so hard to land without melee auto-aim that it is effectively useless. Charged and aerial attacks do look nice though and are quite effective.

I really hope that the spirit of the Final Harbinger returns with a new two-handed nikana stance. I also hope it won't be one of those where we get a set of poses instead of an actual animation. Those rough, instant robotic movements simply feel wrong, and hard to call 'animations' as there's barely any transition between said poses.

• 2 months later...

Yep, can confirm, Wise Razor is one of the worse stances, for me. Hate its movement, the visuals and the mechanics (except the spinning animation, that's awesome). Stats, i never bother with those, in any stance. As long as it looks and feels good.

Guard+attack is the same as the regular combo (shouldn't be different?)

Forward+attack always misses its intended target

soooo yeah...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-02-18 at 3:01 PM, Kaggelos said:

Yep, can confirm, Wise Razor is one of the worse stances, for me. Hate its movement, the visuals and the mechanics (except the spinning animation, that's awesome). Stats, i never bother with those, in any stance. As long as it looks and feels good.

Guard+attack is the same as the regular combo (shouldn't be different?)

Forward+attack always misses its intended target

soooo yeah...

On 2022-02-18 at 7:45 PM, (PSN)isbergen said:

Wise razor sucks.

It's a two handed Nikana. 

Wise Razor behaves like a classic two handed Katana fighting style. 

It may not be your playstyle but it still is very accurate and realistic in it's sense.

• 4 weeks later...

Please change the stance soon, I don't care if there is because of some philosophical or realism reason, it is awkward and not fun to use. People even go for build that rather sacrifice mod capacity just to avoid the stance, and this is one of the worst stance in all the stances we have, please change it!

• 2 weeks later...

Beside the forward attack sometimes missing hitboxes thing, i don't see any problem with Wise Razor.

Beside that, Tatsu oneshots Nox-s most of the time maybe exactly because of the high slashes that make it miss other times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-02-28 at 5:32 AM, (PSN)Ralvos_X said:

It's a two handed Nikana. 

Wise Razor behaves like a classic two handed Katana fighting style. 

It may not be your playstyle but it still is very accurate and realistic in it's sense.

Yeah, because the beloved Tempo Royale is such a realistic stance for greatswords and axes.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, (PSN)Ralvos_X said:

What does that have to do with Wise Razor exactly?

It refutes the idea that a good stance is 'realistic'. Tempo Royale is blatantly anti-physics, yet people adore it because it looks cool and has effective hitboxes. Wise Razor may be realistic, but if it doesn't have effective hitboxes or at least look real cool nobody will like it.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-12-06 at 7:02 PM, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

I think we all can agree that the main reasons why two-handed Nikanas are so unpopular, despite especially the Tenet Livia having insane stats, is the lack of a decent stance mod. Thus, I think I am not the only one who wants a new stance mod, ideally with wide and fast attacks, maybe a two-hand version of Blind Justice. 
So, please?

A 2-handed version of Blind Justice for 2-handed nikanas would be the edgiest combo this game has yet to seen. But I want it.

Any new 2-handed nikana stance mods would be better than Wise Razor.

This is a horde-killing game, not Ghost of Tsushima.

On 2021-12-06 at 4:55 AM, Artekkor said:

IMHO stance is mostly okay, its just that weapons suck by themselves (haven't tried to tenet thing yet). But i always welcome more stances to choose from.

Wise Razor SUCKS DUDE. It SUCKS.

On 2022-06-14 at 4:11 AM, RogueSyndiva said:

Any new 2-handed nikana stance mods would be better than Wise Razor.

That's what's up

• 3 months later...

Please for the love of the void, give us a new stance mod. Don't change wise razor as some people (as outlandish and insane as they may be) like it and it would be wrong to spoil their fun. But for the rest of us, give us a new stance to uplift this abused child of a weapon type. I quite like the idea of a 2 handed version of blind justice as well. Just give us something with wide horizontal slashes. To kill the masses of enemies you pour down on us. Please. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

That’s not an opinion. That’s objective fact.

They cut apart its best combo to be made into 2 separate combos. Ruining the flow and making it extremely unpleasant to use.

I agree, but believe it or not there are some people that like the current version of the stance. 

Don't ask me why. 

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't agree more to this here. When tatsu first came and Wise Razor with it, the stance was even to say better when that spinning attack came first and it was easier to use (tho it sometimes landed only once per spin but...) but yes more stances are needed to this weapon cathegory badly. 

About stances you know guys/devs/fans what would really be a cherry on cake for warframe? Characterized movement styles! Every frame has same walking and running style except Wisp and Titania Prime cause they fly or hover. But why not others? Grendel would be cool if he could run like Grineer Ghouls and like Limbo would have bit more elegant style of running like they do holding rapier weapon. Female frames would get more feminine way of moving options and not looking like hulking tank like rhino when walking or running. Then more ferocious styles would be dope like Valkyr's Claw stance has. Just an idea to follow and think. These would make game better for sure. 

Archived