Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progression guide to get to endgame?

AlphaGamer089

Question

I came back to Warframe after leaving around about the Kuva lich update and I completed all the quests (except Waverider, I can't be bothered), and now I am surprised to find out how many mods and primes I have, but I feel a little bit unfulfilled and also overwhelmed.

There is so much new content in the game, like Steel Path, Railjack and (too) many Warframes (imo it was much better when Warframes were few and far between and there was hype around them), so I don't really know how to progress properly.

My main goals are:

Get good mods and builds

Get more frames and prime stuff

Complete Steel Path

Can anyone help me out?

I am MR15 btw.

3 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, AlphaGamer089 said:

imo it was much better when Warframes were few and far between and there was hype around them

Not too sure what you mean by that to be honest. Frame releases have been very constant since launch. There were about 10 at launch, and then another 10 in the first year, then 3-4 every year since. Similarly for primes, it's been 3-4 every year. 

52 minutes ago, AlphaGamer089 said:

Get good mods and builds

The short answer is, get grinding/farming.

Frames/prime stuff should self-explanatory. For non-prime frames, you can check the wiki for details on how to get a frame, and then start the grind. For prime stuff, it'll depend if it's currently available. So you could look up on the wiki to see if it's available (the in-game codex can probably help with this as well) and then start farming relics etc. Or get involved with trading.

As for mods/builds, there's probably a lot of good resources out there e.g. YouTube. However, most people learn better by "doing". I.e. post some of your builds and ask for feedback. And when you need more clarification about why mod A is better then mod B, you're more than welcome to keep asking questions until it makes sense.

Something to perhaps keep in mind, when it comes to the "meta" builds there's probably 4-6 mods which appear in almost every build (within reason), so the last few mods people may often switch out for some QoL/personal preference. So when you get conflicting advice, it's likely that neither are wrong, and neither are right, they simply have slightly different objectives. 

42 minutes ago, AlphaGamer089 said:

(except Waverider, I can't be bothered)

You and me both, mate.

I frankly don't think there's like a "proper" way to progress. There are lots of new things to do, for sure, but the majority are pretty separate, so in my opinion, you can pretty much just do stuff as you feel like.

Getting good mods and builds would be my personal focus before committing to the Steel Path though, as it's pretty hard if you don't have the right arsenal. You can look for them on Overframe or Youtube or whatever you feel like trusting, if you need assistance. (Bc you're not really going to get matched with people unless you do the popular nodes or the Steel Path alerts so most of the time you're on your own.)

As for whether you should focus on one specific content island and move on once you've maxed it or not, is solely up to you and your playstyle.

1 hour ago, AlphaGamer089 said:

Get good mods and builds

You need to have someone sit down with you and have like an hour talk about modding, how to tell what a weapon or frame wants/needs to be competitive. Or google a Meta build and copy it.

Once you learn modding the rest is just time and effort. 

At this level make sure you have the corrupted mods, the 60/60 mods, umbral mods, hunter munitions, hunter adrenaline, and Adaptation.

Either make a frame that can do the damage and survive or make a weapon that can kill and a frame that can tank.

As for Steel path enemies, armor strip is king.

Archived