Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Snake be a "rental" Necramech

HappyPrime

Similar to how we get an unmoddable rental k-drive from the Vent Kids until you craft your own, let the Necramech Snake used during the Heart of Deimos quest be an unmoddable"rental" Necramech. Father could explain that he was able to partially repair it, but too much was permanently damaged and we'd need to build our own from scratch to witness their true power.

This would allow players to get a small taster of what Necramechs can do (because the HoD quest Mek section was far too short), and also allow players to progress through quests that require them, like the New War (though it should be warned that your own Mek with a few mods would make the experience smoother), thereby accessing content that would otherwise be quest locked but doesn't actually require having a Mek at all (Like the Zariman).

There are broken mechs scattered around Deimos, that is most likely intended to be the "loaner" mechs

Meanwhile, lets just say a uh certain quest could benefit greatly from a loaner mech, given that it's a forced requirement for all of ten seconds

Honestly, disagree. TNW needs a skill/gear check to get into it and the mech requirement barely covers that. There use to be another skill/gear check for it requiring you to reach veil proxima in the railjack chart and shatter a murex crystal with Paracesis. but that was removed presumably because Paracesis' crafting requirements are beyond rediculous. But they should've lowered the crafting cost of the sword instead of removing that requirement.

I wouldn't object to it if the murex crystal requirement was still in effect, cus it's honestly ridiculous how little you actually use the necramech in that quest. But right now it's the only thing standing between brand new players and locking themselves into a quest they're completely unprepared for because they rushed the story in under a week. Which many people have managed to do anyways because you can be carried through the necramech grind by other players or buy your way around it.

4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Honestly, disagree. TNW needs a skill/gear check to get into it and the mech requirement barely covers that. 

Uhm... why exactly? None of the things that are actually part of the skill/gear check do anything notably in the whole quest. The people having trouble with TNW is due to the D and the A's that D needs to kill. And the people stuck there are mostly too used to relying on map wipe equipement, not because they are otherwise undergeared.

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Uhm... why exactly? None of the things that are actually part of the skill/gear check do anything notably in the whole quest. The people having trouble with TNW is due to the D and the A's that D needs to kill. And the people stuck there are mostly too used to relying on map wipe equipement, not because they are otherwise undergeared.

D??A??

i agree its not some quest that requires immeasurable skill, like my only problem was the first two archons because i was using a crappy controller that can't aim

44 minutes ago, (NSW)daggerclaw627 said:

D??A??

i agree its not some quest that requires immeasurable skill, like my only problem was the first two archons because i was using a crappy controller that can't aim

D/A Drifter and Archons. Just wanted to avoid potential spoilers.

Archived