The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isolation vault necramechs

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/GNGZSM8PJZ

I seem to always get all three at once LOL. I've tried radiation, corrosive, viral...on many weapons: Trumna, felarx, vermisplicer, Ignis wraith, kuva nukor, sporelacer etc...and they all have 4-7 formas. Even for my mech: mausulon, larkspur, Corvas prime...

I can't seem to find a good combo that works well. 

Any tips? I beat them but it's a 20 minute battle. But I've managed to rack up 30 of those level three necraloid tradable things (forget the name) for 5k so I'm now at max rank and buying mech mods!

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Even for my mech:

Try Aquebex (voidrig 4). It 1-2shots them (aim for the shoulders). My build has 3 forma and:

Dual Rounds (may be hard to get), Paralax Scope, Hollowed Bullets (stardard cc+cd), electrified barrel, combustion rounds ((for rad), (primed) rubedo lined barrel, Automatic Trigger (it has mana per second not mana per shot, so fire rate not only increases damage perr second, but also mana efficiency), venomous clip for good measure. 

You may use 6060 heat/ele mod in place of dual rounds. Sabot rounds is not good because of the fact it is an explosive weapon with 6 radius.

From normal weapons either explosive weapons or something that shots plasma with high penetration (stropha, arca plasmor, fulmin, catchmoon primary/secondary). I have been using catchmoon before but man, after Arquebex i havent tried that because there is no point.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Voidrig's 4th

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Try Aquebex (voidrig 4). It 1-2shots them

I use this as my failsafe. I used to be able to kill T1 and T2 Mecha with felarx fairly easily but now on T3 (haven't run T1 or T2 in a while) it doesn't seem to be effective at all. When I get down to 2 lives left, i use my 4. I have electrified barrel, Rubio lined, parallax scope, auto trigger, hallowed bullets, etc. I do not have dual rounds.  Never heard of it. But I'm maxed out with my other mods at 60. I just achieved max rank with Loid and got necramech flow which should help my mech survive longer but haven't run the vault this AM. I also spawned a gratter lich this am and will valence fuse with my 30% cold i have now. New gratter is 40% heat so I'll be at 43% heat maybe that will help too. Gratter seems to be the most effective mech weapon I have.

Assuming you don't have a mech already, then I used to farm them using gloom and twin stubbas.

Gloom helps keep them still, so once you've blow off their arms, you can nip behind them (or let them headbutt-charge you) and then blast away at their back. I found something that fires a lot of bullets works better than big hitters, though I never tried a multi-pellet shotgun that might work just as well.

Dual rounds is dropped (rarely) by the bigger ships in archwing interception on Uranus. I find grattler is awesome against most ground troops due to its AoE, but the kuva ayanga is "teh win" in archwing. YMMV though depending on what kind of gun you like.

1 hour ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Assuming you don't have a mech already

I've got a mech. I got my gratter heat, fused it boosts the DPS about +10% and gives me rad and toxin which is nice. I ran L3 vault again but also went in with my TAP. 

What's funny is I noticed decent damage from the TAP immediately and the first mech was gone in about 10-15 shots which was nice. Then the last two were together and I was able to line them up occasionally and shoot both with one shot. It was working well enough that I forgot to try out my new grattler and finished the mission in just over 15m LOL.

I used my TAP and Sporelacer secondary. Never used my melee at all. Only used Mesmer skin and a half dozen times I used my subsumed roar over my 4.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9fpQks21c

So I ran this again using my mech. Nah, the extra 4% and swap to heat does little difference. Took me 20 minutes to get to the vault doors. Then WF crashed on me (solo session) right when the symbols all appeared. How terrible is that?

So i was going to quit after reboot and checking if WF would remember my mission. No luck...but I saw it just turned night. Ok, haven't run a 1x3 in a while. Lucky...konzu has a trio mission cool. Full squad. At least one knows what he's doing. First eidolon, captured. Let's go for two. Second, captured. Third, *ping* capt--- wait 👀👀 why is the screen froz-- no, no, no ... 👀👀👀

NOOOOOOOOOOO! 🤡🌐

Ugh, there goes almost an hour for nothing.

Time for a break for this unfortunate son.

The problem is that the hitboxes are tiny and janky, and have to be hit almost dead on if you want it to be reliable.  I say reliable because just spamming Arquebex at the shoulders, or spamming a radiation Stropha at the shoulders can sometimes clip the hit box and basically one-shot the limb or mech.  But I've also sat and spammed attacks right at the weak points and just...  Nothing.  If you can get them to pay attention to something else, and move in a predictable way so that you can get a shot straight on, they go down reliably.  

In DE's infinite wisdom though, they gave necramechs, the things that have no weakpoints on the front, a turning speed so fast that you can't even get on their side while you have gloom going.  They're always going to be extremely annoying to fight because they turn at light speed and have absolutely awful hitboxes.  And no, it's not a skill issue.  Bone Widow mechs have far more reliable hit boxes, and actually take damage when you hit them.  Never an issue there.  Fighting Voidrig mechs isn't hard.  They're just extremely annoying.

Archived