Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Consistency on Energy Orb sharing between Operator and Warframe (Currently unidirectional design)

vanaukas

I can't remember when it was introduced, but the energy orb share between operator/drifter and warframes, it's just amazing. On regular misions I'm not restricted to some frames anymore or forced to use energy siphon because I LOVE playing as operator non stop...

But, why it's not the same between Warframes to Operators? It's so damn annoying to waste precious orbs with the warframe on emergency situations where I just run out of energy as operator.

Operators doesn't have vaccum, I have to almost walk over orbs as operator to get them. Why I cannot just jump into the frame, suck the orbs and then keep playing as operator freely?

Why it's only unidirectional that energy orb share?

This simple change it's a massive QOL imo, never thought it was possible on first place but now that I see it in action (the current iteration), I cannot stop myself wondering how amazing it would be if it worked bidirectionally instead unidirectionally. 

TL;DR: Energy Orb share currently works Operator -> Warframe and not the other way around. It would be better if it was Operator <-> Warframe.

22 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they did it the way it is so they don't have to deal with every "on Energy Orb" buff/Arcane/proc like Energize, Eruption, etc.

Right now when you pick up energy orbs as operator you can't proc arcanes, operators doesn't have any arcanes that triggers with enegy orbs, unless I'm misunderstanding you I can't see the issue or relation between procs in this system.

39 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Right now when you pick up energy orbs as operator you can't proc arcanes, operators doesn't have any arcanes that triggers with enegy orbs, unless I'm misunderstanding you I can't see the issue or relation between procs in this system.

What I presume the situation DE wants to avoid is your Warframe proccing Energize/Eruption/etc. for your Operator. It could just be that going one direction wasn't that hard to implement, but the other direction could break lots of things. Maybe I'm just too cynical about how broken everything is that I just assume this is the case with most things players notice.

15 minutes ago, Voltage said:

What I presume the situation DE wants to avoid is your Warframe proccing Energize/Eruption/etc. for your Operator. It could just be that going one direction wasn't that hard to implement, but the other direction could break lots of things. Maybe I'm just too cynical about how broken everything is that I just assume this is the case with most things players notice.

Ah, I understand now. I hope they can pull this off somehow :/

Archived