Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consider restarting 8-player mission or world mission!!

xuanho

I would like to share some suggestions and my thoughts on the future of the game, and I hope you can take a look. Currently, I think Warframe has completely entered an environment of mindlessly grinding levels, which does not increase players' enjoyment of the game and instead leads to fatigue over time. When opening the game, there are only daily tasks to complete, and otherwise players spend their time browsing the market, which undoubtedly only dampens players' enthusiasm for the game. Currently, the game lacks interactivity between players and should give players more to look forward to.

Firstly, repetitive tasks and low levels of cooperation need to be improved (the only interaction requiring teammates is opening doors). To address this, I believe that the game can draw inspiration from World of Warcraft and develop larger-scale tasks for more players. One or more world bosses can be set up for weekly challenges, with rewards for players who participate. In World of Warcraft, 20-person raid teams require more cooperation between players, and checking rankings during tasks can highlight a player's strengths, making the game more enjoyable. This not only increases the game's enjoyment but also provides a challenge for players who enjoy growing. It allows the game to find a sense of achievement beyond endless grinding levels and creates more anticipation for players on a weekly basis, rather than just repeating the same tasks over and over again. Thank you.

Wile it would be cool, i doubt DE will ever implement some form of mission with more than 4 players, you could however hope for some bug to occur in which it happens as it has before.

Back in 2017 during a Tactical Alert, the mission i joined glitched out and 8 players joined the Squad, however the mission refused to start. We just hang there for a wile chatting and telling jokes.

Spoiler

H5upriQ.jpg
4L6gkCM.jpg
xHyaMI8.jpg

Which is perfectly understandable :

1. Crossplay mean One mission works on All platforms.
  2. as NSW is limited in terms of map size and enemies spawns it limit any new mods (like in ESO).
  3. 8 warframes mean 8 nukes on the map : 8x Founder-only-Exca-prime or 8x Lady "Lazy" Saryn
  4. VS mobs : at MAX it is mean 8x 100-130 kills per sec during 10s or 8x Lady "Lazy" Saryn 300 kills per min you == Spawn rate of 250-900 mobs each 5s
  5. VS any 1 000 000 HP BOSS : generous life time of 3-7sec VS 8x "average" Exalted blades or 8x Zaw Rapier with Venom D and Toxic S

So any raids imply :

• Limited numbers of Tiles (2-5)
  • Limited numbers or mobs (100 max)
  • No Versus mode (Warframe is PvE main)
  • Maybe a asymetrics 8 players (4 players on a map interacting 4 players on 2nd map a bit like Scarlet spear)

So basically apart from Railjack / Jordas quests there no much possibility.

8 hours ago, xuanho said:

I would like to share some suggestions and my thoughts on the future of the game, and I hope you can take a look. Currently, I think Warframe has completely entered an environment of mindlessly grinding levels, which does not increase players' enjoyment of the game and instead leads to fatigue over time. When opening the game, there are only daily tasks to complete, and otherwise players spend their time browsing the market, which undoubtedly only dampens players' enthusiasm for the game. Currently, the game lacks interactivity between players and should give players more to look forward to.

Firstly, repetitive tasks and low levels of cooperation need to be improved (the only interaction requiring teammates is opening doors). To address this, I believe that the game can draw inspiration from World of Warcraft and develop larger-scale tasks for more players. One or more world bosses can be set up for weekly challenges, with rewards for players who participate. In World of Warcraft, 20-person raid teams require more cooperation between players, and checking rankings during tasks can highlight a player's strengths, making the game more enjoyable. This not only increases the game's enjoyment but also provides a challenge for players who enjoy growing. It allows the game to find a sense of achievement beyond endless grinding levels and creates more anticipation for players on a weekly basis, rather than just repeating the same tasks over and over again. Thank you.

Quite frankly, all of your suggestions make sense.  Unfortunately, the "content island" issue in Warframe is fairly well-known, with each new thing only loosely connected to the rest.

Once upon a time, in the misty days of yore (e.g. a few years ago) Warframe actually had two Raid-type missions, each of which were 8-player missions, with two teams of four.  Unfortunately, since those Raids were retired (mostly for being buggy), the only attempt since then has been the Scarlet Spear event, which promised coordination between 4-player squads in a Railjack, and 4-player squads doing a ground mission.  This was unfortunately also rather buggy, and has not yet been repeated.

As for the repetitive tasks issue... unfortunately replay value currently depends on such things.  If you play alone, you can open those doors you speak of alone; otherwise, unfortunately it'll require coordination.

My hope is that eventually underlying systems will get a proper revamp, which would include such things as Raids (or, at the very least, monster hunting in the form of Eidolons on Earth, or the Orbs on Venus).  There are vague allusions to some expansions of such things in the future, but nothing yet concrete.

On 2023-04-25 at 4:09 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

DE has said that Raids are never coming back (or at least any time soon) in their recent AMA

That's a shame. With Orowyrm we could've raids. Perhaps a modified version of Orowyrm. With the Void being reworked in the future, I believe Raids can become a thing with Warframes there and Orowyrm inside the deal.

Archived